U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 08:41 PM

4,206 posts, read 3,570,585 times

Advertisements

Super Tuesday is tomorrow. Don't forget to vote. There is no excuse. Georgia law requires employers to give employees two hours paid penalty free (ie, no make up, no doing it on your lunch) time to go vote. No excuse to not vote.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:45 PM

4,011 posts, read 2,515,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
You are quite correct in your observation on the state of the politics area of the forum.
It's really almost a hopeless situation there given that rumor & innuendo is repeatedly posted as the basis of thread topics or for member comments.
Often I just don't bother going there anymore or I merely quickly skim through the material. I mean, what's the point really with so many people largely relying on only 1 or 2 media sources for their info & then trusting those sources to be telling the truth and to be agenda-free.
From my travels, I've observed that voters in Georgia overall average out to be among the most highly gullible to rumor & innuendo that I have found anywhere in the 50 states. Seeing that it is not that way elsewhere in the U.S. does not make me proud to live in this state.
Lol. You really need to travel more

Old 02-29-2016, 09:03 PM

5,215 posts, read 4,271,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Your welcome and dream on!
Dream on, you say?

Old 02-29-2016, 09:48 PM

4,433 posts, read 4,404,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Most definitely. Hilary has been under attack for so long and by so many that there is nothing left to attack her with. It's all been thrown at her, none of it amounted to a thing, and every time she ended up coming out stronger.
This is my point ^^^

Trump is going to try to beat a dead horse.

Hilary has already went face to face against a committee of republicans in a herring and everything, and won. Polls have even showed people are even tired of republicans even trying make a controversy. Hilary would not even be running if there was something republicans could pin her with. And her team likely already prepare for the worst Republicans could throw cause it's the same for a few years.

Trump on the other had, most Americans are not super political conscious until the national election. So they don't know much about trump political views and commenting. Trump wackiness it's like a myth to most Americans.

He basically popular to the right for his right wing views, The GOP is actually going to nominate an extremely right wing unsuitable candidate. He's popular to the mainstream is only because he's a celebrity and most Americans haven't gotten into politics yet. During the national Election Dems are going to make sure America knows about his views and comments. It's going to ship moderates far away from him. There going to be attack adds with trump rants and etc. Seriously this guy had bad mouth the pope.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:19 AM

6,416 posts, read 4,817,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Don't underestimate the outright psychopathy of many of Trump's supporters.
We dont like you people.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:11 AM

5,215 posts, read 4,271,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
We dont like you people.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:48 AM

1,189 posts, read 798,674 times

Old 03-01-2016, 09:29 AM

222 posts, read 167,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Super Tuesday is tomorrow. Don't forget to vote. There is no excuse. Georgia law requires employers to give employees two hours paid penalty free (ie, no make up, no doing it on your lunch) time to go vote. No excuse to not vote.
Unless you start work after 9AM or end before 5PM. The polls are open 7 to 7. If you have 2 hours before or after your work hours, employers are exempt.

So in reality, it doesn't apply to many. You would have to work from 8AM to 6PM (10 hour day) to get the 2 hours to vote during work.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:33 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,015,480 times
I'm not sure who I'm voting for, but all this talk about the general election and who wins really only comes down to Ohio and Florida

Old 03-01-2016, 12:48 PM

561 posts, read 485,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
I'm not sure who I'm voting for, but all this talk about the general election and who wins really only comes down to Ohio and Florida
Exactly. This is what I've been saying also. If Republican voters were smart, they'd nominate John Kasich. He's the current, two-term governor of Ohio. That state has elected him twice already. He's a lock to win it in a general election. And, if he were to choose Rubio as his running mate, they'd likely get Florida too.

Instead, Republican voters seem bent on nominating Trump or Cruz. Neither of those guys will carry Ohio. That state chose Obama over McCain in 2008 and over Romney in 2012. And McCain and Romney were far more inclusive and moderate compared with Cruz or Trump. But still, they couldn't win Ohio. There is no way that Trump or Cruz win Ohio. And I doubt, very much, that either of them could win Florida in a general election either.

Voters this election cycle, especially GOP voters, are incredibly myopic. They need to look at November. Instead they're whipping themselves into a froth over the 'bread and circuses' rhetoric of Donald Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or