Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 01:24 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times

Advertisements

What I wonder, is if Trump's whole controversial persona is strategic or not, or to what degree it's all planned. It's all intentional of course, but is he being over the top Trump "on purpose", as part of an overall campaign strategy, to energize the crowd that likes that? Not that he was any different before all this, but it seems to be amplified in terms of wild rhetoric.

And then, is his incendiary madness helping him in the election... because, you could make a case that it is. Especially if he wins in Nov... pundits will all say, it was all brilliant strategy. If he loses, they'll say it was terrible strategy. And I guess some will say there was no real strategy there going on at all, win or lose. Just a crazy person gaining followers.

Finally, if he does get elected, will he suddenly become typical presidential and classy and diplomatic? No longer having to keep up this crazy Trump character, but being more tasteful and serious? If not, it will be utterly surreal having this loud mouth buffoon as the president. Talk about night and day from Obama.

He may have a real shot at winning, mainly because of one key problem that I see with Hillary, which is that she represents more of the same. The populace is saying "we want change", by supporting Trump, Sanders, and now Johnson all in much greater numbers than expected.

Hillary may actually need to go with a reverse strategy than is typical for a general election. She should pivot to the LEFT.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:58 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
I think to a great extent it is the way he is and the way he feels success comes to him. In a way, trying to pass off a candidate as someone they are not is generally not successful. For example, he more they try to make Clinton more likable by changing her into something she's not, the more they're actually highlighting this rather irrelevant but detrimental aspect. I do think that Trump is turning it on a bit hotter since that will get him more votes from those who vote from their own place of arrogant selfishness. By acting just like they would wish, he can become a hero to them, and even more effectively insulate them from toying with rational or measured regard for the second-order impact of the dangerous things Trump advocates.

If you want to see the surreal in action, check in with Russia. People say Trump will be Mussolini or Pol Pot or some such. No. He'd be Vladimir Putin.

Clinton cannot legitimately pivot to the left. It'll be called out as flagrant election-year flip flopping and will undercut her ability to get any rational person considering to vote for Trump to think again by way of highlighting how Trump is saying whatever he thinks will get him votes, without any regard for what he'd actually do in office.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:03 PM

371 posts, read 456,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
If there was a chance of that being true, Trump would have been hitting Sanders and Clinton equally hard throughout. He hasn't been. He's been attacking Clinton far more so than Sanders.
Whether it was his intention or not, he certainly helped Clinton by not debating with Sanders before the California primary. His dismissal of Sanders throughout his campaign has helped Clinton obtain the Dem nomination. Attacking your opponent actually validates him/her, in a way.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
You guys ever consider that Trump is acting so unelectable to ensure Hillary is elected? He and the Clintons have historically been big buds and has historically supported Dems.

Just a thought...

he's doing this knowing he'll have enough material for a prime time reality show that will be on for years and years

Old 06-15-2016, 02:41 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Glad Atlanta didn't behave like savages today, no negative headlines. That's positive

Old 06-15-2016, 03:06 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Glad Atlanta didn't behave like savages today, no negative headlines. That's positive
Was it raining heavily in the city today? If so, that's probably why.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:04 PM

1,160 posts, read 712,952 times
Here are a few facts:

Trump legitimately loves America and the capitalist system that has contributed to his success.
Trump speaks fankly and fairly even if unpopular.
Trump blames evil people for terror, not their tools.

Hillary apologizes for American system that has supported her for decades.
Hillary lies.
Hillary neglects facts and blames tools rather than terrorists.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:23 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
i just can't believe any sane, rational person would vote for someone who has no regard for the first amendment, democracy, or our system of checks and balances, and wants to rule by fiat. that's what he's suggesting. the things that he wants to do are literally illegal. put aside all of his political positions for a minute and really take a hard look at who you're wanting to put in charge of this nation and make the most powerful person in the world. seriously, stop talking and think about it. i am literally begging you not to vote for this man. i don't care if you are a democrat, republican, whatever. drop the party ID bull**** for once and look at the qualifications, temperment, and agenda of the three candidates— there are only two choices that mean a future for this country at all: clinton or johnson. if trump is elected, our democracy is over. is that really what you want?

Old 06-15-2016, 06:15 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i just can't believe any sane, rational person would vote for someone who has no regard for the first amendment, democracy, or our system of checks and balances, and wants to rule by fiat. that's what he's suggesting. the things that he wants to do are literally illegal. put aside all of his political positions for a minute and really take a hard look at who you're wanting to put in charge of this nation and make the most powerful person in the world. seriously, stop talking and think about it. i am literally begging you not to vote for this man. i don't care if you are a democrat, republican, whatever. drop the party ID bull**** for once and look at the qualifications, temperment, and agenda of the three candidates— there are only two choices that mean a future for this country at all: clinton or johnson. if trump is elected, our democracy is over. is that really what you want?
Hard to tell in the first sentence whether you are describing Trump or Clinton!

Old 06-15-2016, 06:54 PM

222 posts, read 231,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Hard to tell in the first sentence whether you are describing Trump or Clinton!
Very, very true. Both major candidates are very authoritarian by nature. Just different ways of doing it.

I'll be proudly supporting Gary Johnson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta