Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 02:09 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
What's up with this dumba$$ headline of yours? The article talks about understaffing and you create this stupid, trollish thread topic. Smh...
Seriously. Where in the article does it talk about the quality of the employees? Or even begin to call them ghetto?

When I went through around Christmas, they had only a few lanes open, maybe 8 or so. And lines went out through the Atrium. It went quickly, but still...open some damn lanes. That's a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 02:34 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
"ghetto"

Can you use other words to describe them? I'm curious to hear what those other words might be.

Just come out and say it, you're in GA, say it.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:43 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,985,671 times
Use of ghetto in the thread title is 100% inappropriate.

But the mismanagement of the TSA at the Atlanta Airport is completely atrocious. As I went through security at 5:15 this morning I saw the general lane was massive, filling the entire maze area and ending near the atrium. There was one security lane open with a line hundreds of people long. It is like this every morning.

I have TSA Precheck so it doesn't particularly affect me, but it's agonizing seeing these lines every single time I take the early flight. Passengers are visibly agitated as they weren't planning on a 30-45 minute (easily) security wait at 5AM. But with all of these new really early Southwest flights the number of passangers flying out at that time has increased dramatically, and the TSA hasn't done a thing to adjust after months and months and months, and presumably thousands of missed flights. (Notably, TSA Precheck had two lanes open, despite handling a tiny fraction of the general boarding passengers.)

It's not a "pax should get there earlier" sort of problem; TSA is literally not providing enough capacity at the checkpoint to handle all of the passengers flying out in the 5:00-6:30 timeframe, regardless of what time they arrive. It's point blank incompetence on the part of the TSA.

By the way, the actual workers themselves in Atlanta generally seem courteous and professional for TSA agents, or at least comparable to other airports. The problem, in my opinion, is completely on the TSA 'management', such as it exists. They are utterly incompetent and should be fired at once.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:08 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
"ghetto"

Can you use other words to describe them? I'm curious to hear what those other words might be.

Just come out and say it, you're in GA, say it.
well those words can be anything.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:25 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post

But the mismanagement of the TSA at the Atlanta Airport is completely atrocious. As I went through security at 5:15 this morning I saw the general lane was massive, filling the entire maze area and ending near the atrium. There was one security lane open with a line hundreds of people long. It is like this every morning.

I have TSA Precheck so it doesn't particularly affect me, but it's agonizing seeing these lines every single time I take the early flight. Passengers are visibly agitated as they weren't planning on a 30-45 minute (easily) security wait at 5AM. But with all of these new really early Southwest flights the number of passangers flying out at that time has increased dramatically, and the TSA hasn't done a thing to adjust after months and months and months, and presumably thousands of missed flights. (Notably, TSA Precheck had two lanes open, despite handling a tiny fraction of the general boarding passengers.)

It's not a "pax should get there earlier" sort of problem; TSA is literally not providing enough capacity at the checkpoint to handle all of the passengers flying out in the 5:00-6:30 timeframe, regardless of what time they arrive. It's point blank incompetence on the part of the TSA.

By the way, the actual workers themselves in Atlanta generally seem courteous and professional for TSA agents, or at least comparable to other airports. The problem, in my opinion, is completely on the TSA 'management', such as it exists. They are utterly incompetent and should be fired at once.
That's your opinion I pick word ghetto on purpose.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:33 PM

469 posts, read 398,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post

As opposed to writing a complete sentence?

Old 02-28-2016, 08:19 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,692,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post

Yeah, pretty much every time I've been through the ATL security, they've been kind and light-hearted. I got the feeling that they understood how slowly everything was moving, and were just trying to make the wait a bit more bearable.

That said, it was painful how few of the stations were open. I think I've only been through a time or two when more than half of the scanners / metal detectors were on and running people through them. The slow processing leads to back ups and masses of people waiting to get through.

If I were someone planning security measures against attacks, the security cluster-fu--k would be my first act. There're just too many people in far too small a space. That's more of a TSA thing, though.

Honestly, I think I'd rather see an actual security company brought in to oversee ATL over the TSA. I'd personally rather they keep as many of the current employees as they could, but would need to do REAL prevention, behavioral, and security training. Right now, we have a security theater, not anything substantial.

We should want better for the busiest airport in the world.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:02 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
So is TSA at Hartsfield "ghetto" or not?

Old 02-29-2016, 09:50 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
And what was that purpose? Because nothing in the actual story justifies the use of that word whatsoever.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:03 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
We all know majority of TS agents are brown people. Ghetto and thug is another word to replace. Never mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta