U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 AM

325 posts, read 654,825 times

Advertisements

They are all over...what I don't understand is why is it such a big deal to meet a professional black male right now? I have seen about 5 postings with women wanting to meet them. My thing is this..your gonna meet them regardless in some way...stop LOOKING...you'll never find what your looking for under those circumstances. If you just relax and mingle at nice spots, your bound to run into someone...I promise.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:35 AM

2,825 posts, read 2,389,369 times
Wonderful... yet ANOTHER posting on how to find a professional black man. Maybe it's time for the sistas to increase their dating pool. Do some major inward reflecting and ask yourselves what it is that you are lacking in terms in outlook on life, character, attitude, & mannerisms that's preventing you from finding ANY good men, let alone a BLACK man.

Observe how women of other ethnic groups treat their men. Also, take a deep look at the way you treat the somewhat socially inept yet still nice men in the early college years(18-25) and ask yourselves why it is that no one is really looking at your way when you hit age 27 and on.

Somehow I doubt that anyone on here would really take my advice into consideration. I guess I will expect another "Why can't I find a rich black man" posting to pop up in 2-3 business days. Tragic...

Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 AM

2,825 posts, read 2,389,369 times
Oh yeah, if a slightly nerdy guy comes up to you and try to strike up a conversation, would it hurt for you sistas to smile? I mean seriously, will your face just instantly break apart if you show some type of pleasant facial physical emotion? Just sayin...

Old 04-26-2009, 10:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,899 times
Default another state!!!!

Somewhere else!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:37 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,416,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm1984 View Post
we're everywhere in Atlanta. lol
I couldn't have said it better. Geeez, how many of these threads do we need? Try going outside and look around!

- Reel

Old 01-24-2010, 02:34 PM

2,907 posts, read 3,717,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Wonderful... yet ANOTHER posting on how to find a professional black man. Maybe it's time for the sistas to increase their dating pool. Do some major inward reflecting and ask yourselves what it is that you are lacking in terms in outlook on life, character, attitude, & mannerisms that's preventing you from finding ANY good men, let alone a BLACK man.

Observe how women of other ethnic groups treat their men. Also, take a deep look at the way you treat the somewhat socially inept yet still nice men in the early college years(18-25) and ask yourselves why it is that no one is really looking at your way when you hit age 27 and on.

Somehow I doubt that anyone on here would really take my advice into consideration. I guess I will expect another "Why can't I find a rich black man" posting to pop up in 2-3 business days. Tragic...
You get major props for this one. Sistas, take notes of this man's advice. He speaks the real. It's amazing that women have these requirements for a man but fail to realize that THEY need to become what they're looking for in a man.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:02 AM

Location: Semmes, AL (recently & temporarily relocated from Washington, DC & looking to move to ATL soon)
2 posts, read 2,893 times
More like where can I find "Monogamous/Heterosexual (fully)" Black men in Atlanta is the ultimate question???

I mean......are there any available (SINGLE; not separated, in a rocky/difficult according to facebook terminology, relationship) who wants to and ready to commit on a mature level!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FAITH is placing one foot in front of the other w/BOTH eyes on GOD!!!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 07:02 AM

4,688 posts, read 3,543,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Settlements View Post
Don't forget and on the D.L.

The lesbians cancel both groups out

Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 AM

4,688 posts, read 3,543,835 times
check your email!

Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 PM

1,610 posts, read 2,058,269 times
Let's just keep it real.. in most cases when women ask questions like this the translation of it really is "Where can I find a Denzel looking dude with money?" I swear I have this discussion with women at work at least once a week and everytime I point out their issues. There is just NO way on earth a black woman should have a problem finding a single brotha here... but im going to give a list of reasons as to why many of them cant.

1) Unrealistic expections. Many of these sistas have bought into the "Monique" hype of being overweight is sexy and labeling themselves as "thick" now rather than calling it what it is. And many of these same females expect to go out and get a brotha that is 6 foot solid muscle that's good looking. And that's not to say its not possible but lets be real here, Atlanta has a PLETHORA of attractive women that are well educated...why would a brotha that takes care of himself choose one of these women over the same?

2) Location. PLEASE stop trying to meet brothas in the club. 9 times out of 10 you're not doing anything but setting yourself up for failure. I mean honestly.. its as simple as going to the mall, the grocery store.. ive even been approached by women in the grocery store shooting me the old "I love a man that can cook" line.

3)Offering. What exactly is it that YOU bring to the table? I see a ton of sistas around here, many of which arent even employed or barely keeping their heads above water that seem hard pressed to find a brotha that's clocking 6 figures.

4) kids, Kids, KIDS!!!. This was one of the biggest killers for me when I was dating. These sistas HAVE to do a better job at MAKING these men they sleep with use protection. YES it's just as much the males fault for these random pregnancies but the woman is almost ALWAYS the one that ends up raising the kids. It's such a turnoff to a man that is single and has no kids when they approach a woman that is in her 20's and is single, yet has 3 kids by 3 men. Bad part about it is ruling out single women with kids limits the hell out of your selection here.

5) Attitude. Im STILL wondering where this whole "Strong black woman" thing came from. It just popped up over night. Whenever you hear a female that's single, in her 30s with no kids say this.. its almost a guarantee that they will have a jacked up attitude. I dont care HOW attractive a woman may be, having one of those nasty attitudes is a DEFINITE turnoff.

6) Bad Choices in men. It's pretty terrible that our culture is probably the ONLY one or one of the very few that women actually love and glorify the villains. And what I mean by that is, these sistas.. many of which are very well established love messing around with the thugs/dopeboys/playas. They get caught up in the whole hype of it and get trapped in a cycle and let these dudes use them up constantly. Only THEN.. AFTER the fact, they realize they just want a brotha to "treat them right...". Unfortunately by that time, many of them have already fallen into category #4.

Bottom line is this, i've lived in a LOT of different places in both the north and the south, and I dont think i've EVER encountered a batch of sistas with the jacked up mentalities that they have here when it comes to dating. There are plenty of good sistas here just like there are plenty of brothas... neither are hard to find at all if you arent closed minded. I always ask the sistas at work that come at me with this "I cant find a good brotha" mess, have you tried the gym??? Im just sayin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta