U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 01:41 PM

5,417 posts, read 2,765,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Actually water and sewage for much of this area is provided by City of Atlanta Watershed Mgt
Not surprising. Wasn't a lot of the EMS also provided by AFR and APD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 01:48 PM

22,255 posts, read 16,298,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Not surprising. Wasn't a lot of the EMS also provided by AFR and APD?
Grady provides EMS for most of Fulton County.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Grady provides EMS for most of Fulton County.
Well, emergency services in general, so, not just EMS. Sorry, mixing terms.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:38 AM

2,316 posts, read 1,441,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
As a resident of South Fulton, I certainly didn't want to be annexed by Atlanta (which wasn't possible where I lived but still) and I'm done with Fulton County's lazy leadership. Now we have local control and unlike some of you, I'm not gonna anticipate failure on my own community.
I don't believe anyone cares about the area you reside (i.e., anything south of South Fulton Parkway) in the City of Atlanta. You would have likely wind up in either Union City or College Park.

The problem is the areas north of South Fulton Parkway that should have been let go of by those South Fulton sycophants to either East Point or Atlanta. These areas will ultimately will haunt South Fulton because its lack of cohesion, inability to get adequate municipal service provisions (with service agreements from Atlanta and/or East Point), and the strong possibility of many property owners in those areas along and near Cascade wanting to be de-annexed from South Fulton and into Atlanta...

Old 03-23-2017, 11:39 AM

28,226 posts, read 24,822,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Well, emergency services in general, so, not just EMS. Sorry, mixing terms.
Don't a lot of local governments have joint service agreements for emergency service? For example, someone got hurt in our area and within about 30 minutes after 911 was called ambulances showed up from Grady, Metro and I think Northside. Fortunately a doctor happened to be walking down the street at the time so he was able to stabilize the situation until help arrived.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Don't a lot of local governments have joint service agreements for emergency service? For example, someone got hurt in our area and within about 30 minutes after 911 was called ambulances showed up from Grady, Metro and I think Northside. Fortunately a doctor happened to be walking down the street at the time so he was able to stabilize the situation until help arrived.
They do, and I really have zero problem with it.

The point I was trying to make is that one of the arguments I kept hearing about making South Fulton a thing, was that it would allow self-governing to occur. The irony, though, is that, due to the archipelago-esque nature of a huge portion of the city, a LOT of their city services will likely be supplied by the very cities they didn't want to join.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:15 PM

5,973 posts, read 2,958,108 times
Even if it didn't affect the provision of city services- it's still just plain stupid.

I mean, why don't we take the City of Atlanta, and via a 10 ft barely connection, have it skip 15 miles of suburbs and then continue its territory as a large area behind Kennesaw Mountain. Or have every other house or every other street in Tucker be in the City of Duluth?

The reason is because that would be totally ridiculous. So do we really need any more reasons?

At some point, there needs to be some degree of planning.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:36 PM

2,316 posts, read 1,441,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Even if it didn't affect the provision of city services- it's still just plain stupid.

I mean, why don't we take the City of Atlanta, and via a 10 ft barely connection, have it skip 15 miles of suburbs and then continue its territory as a large area behind Kennesaw Mountain. Or have every other house or every other street in Tucker be in the City of Duluth?

The reason is because that would be totally ridiculous. So do we really need any more reasons?

At some point, there needs to be some degree of planning.
The irony is the main fool pushing this idiocy is the former planning director of Riverdale (who was pushed out of the job for mysterious reasons...) This is the funny part about this stupidity because she wants to be city manager for this idiocy but has not real tools to do other than bribing large property owners with tax incentives to develop the land but no real pull to recruit businesses.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:12 PM

3,452 posts, read 2,848,530 times
Vote on Fulton Industrial could put district in South Fulton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or