Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 10:27 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,740,317 times

Advertisements

So first you said 3 of 7 live in South Fulton, then you say the majority aren't from North Fulton? 7 out of 10 isn't a majority? As far as research, I have seen the cityhood study and the area is sustainable. My argument here isn't about the people in charge of the movement because we could vote someone better in, but do you not see the danger of the status quo. Incorporate (or annex as this move is promoting) and see change or stay unincorporated and watch the further decline of South Fulton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 12:06 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
So first you said 3 of 7 live in South Fulton, then you say the majority aren't from North Fulton? 7 out of 10 isn't a majority? As far as research, I have seen the cityhood study and the area is sustainable. My argument here isn't about the people in charge of the movement because we could vote someone better in, but do you not see the danger of the status quo. Incorporate (or annex as this move is promoting) and see change or stay unincorporated and watch the further decline of South Fulton?
3 of 7 are from South Fulton, 1 is South Atlanta, 1 is Buckhead/North Atlanta, 2 are North Fulton. Don't know where you are getting your information from.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:07 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,483,672 times
Quote:
There is not a 10 commissioners. There are only 7 commissioners on the Fulton County Board of Commissioners.

You said that the majority live in northern Fulton County. I have been quite clear with everything I have said. You are very delusional and clearly starting to make up stuff because you are all over the place. Stop wasting my time because it is pointless to further discuss this with you because you don't even know what are talking about..

Old 05-13-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
There is not a 10 commissioners. There are only 7 commissioners on the Fulton County Board of Commissioners.

You said that the majority live in northern Fulton County. I have been quite clear with everything I have said. You are very delusional and clearly starting to make up stuff because you are all over the place. Stop wasting my time because it is pointless to further discuss this with you because you don't even know what are talking about..
OK I see I was misreading the information. Your saying 3 out of 7. That still leaves 4 North Fulton commissioners over the 3 South Fulton ones which means North Fulton has the majority.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:18 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,067 times
Quote:
OK I see I was misreading the information. Your saying 3 out of 7. That still leaves 4 North Fulton commissioners over the 3 South Fulton ones which means North Fulton has the majority.
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
3 of 7 are from South Fulton, 1 is South Atlanta, 1 is Buckhead/North Atlanta, 2 are North Fulton. Don't know where you are getting your information from.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Well...
OK, I wasn't even considering the COA commissioners but that is still crazy that these commissioners don't even live in the area they're making decisions for. I just can't see why everyone thinks incorporation is bad, when it gets you more local control (rather than Fulton's large zones, these cities would be on a smaller scale). Like I said before, I don't care if I gain it from a new city or an annexation but I want a better government and more local control.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:26 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,690,708 times
Quote:
OK, I wasn't even considering the COA commissioners but that is still crazy that these commissioners don't even live in the area they're making decisions for. I just can't see why everyone thinks incorporation is bad, when it gets you more local control (rather than Fulton's large zones, these cities would be on a smaller scale). Like I said before, I don't care if I gain it from a new city or an annexation but I want a better government and more local control.
Not to be overly literal, but the same thought process applies to north Fulton 'not being represented'. Technically, south Fulton has the weight of representation compared to the north. Throw in the Atlanta rep, and you get a balance towards the southern half of the county.

Not really saying that's one way or the other, just depends on your angle.

The issue I have with incorporation, and by extension the current boundaries, are, in fact, the boundaries themselves. I have little issue with a City of South Fulton, if the people want it, but I do think the boundaries should be cleaned up a bit to keep from having this mess of services darting in and out of each other's jurisdictions to answer a call.

I dunno, I say let the current municipalities go through with their annexing, baring the people's want to be incorporated into them, then divide up the archipelago of unincorporated land to the existing municipalities until what's left is a logical and serviceable boundary for the city.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
No, 4 of them represent and live in areas in the south portion of Fulton... Only 3 lives in North Fulton. I've already said Joan Garner is in a district that is Southern portion of the county as well. You are choosing to act very dense and becoming truly obnoxious. If you want to believe what you want to believe then believe it but this made up bull**** needs to stop. So just shut up like now, really...

Old 05-13-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
No, 4 of them represent and live in areas in the south portion of Fulton... Only 3 lives in North Fulton. I've already said Joan Garner is in a district that is Southern portion of the county as well. You are choosing to act very dense and becoming truly obnoxious. If you want to believe what you want to believe then believe it but this made up bull**** needs to stop. So just shut up like now, really...
You didn't read my last comment, and to be honest, I'm done explaining to you why people in South Fulton want to incorporate. If you and your neighbors want to annex into COA, then go ahead, nobody's criticising or stopping you, and I expect you to do the same to the rest of South Fulton.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
You didn't read my last comment, and to be honest, I'm done explaining to you why people in South Fulton want to incorporate. If you and your neighbors want to annex into COA, then go ahead, nobody's criticising or stopping you, and I expect you to do the same to the rest of South Fulton.
I read your last nonsensical statement and I'm tired of talking to an ill informed individual like you, period...

For your information, they are trying to stop any annexation because they know that if all of the neighborhoods petitioning to annex into Atlanta occurs then this South Fulton municipality won't be a viable entity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta