U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 09:07 AM

23,448 posts, read 17,594,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickNet View Post
I don't think they're moving solely on PCM and the Beltline. They're moving because they probably want to be closer to work and that's just a nicer area now. I haven't heard anyone saying, gosh, I just need to be on the Beltline.
Then how is it all the complexes around Historic Fourth Ward Park have little to no vacancy? People want to be in that area because of amenities like the BeltLine, PCm, KSM, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 09:12 AM

5,554 posts, read 3,049,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Then how is it all the complexes around Historic Fourth Ward Park have little to no vacancy? People want to be in that area because of amenities like the BeltLine, PCm, KSM, etc.
Which is why it's sad to see that very demand harm then things making the neighborhood desirable in the first place.

AKA - the masquerade

Old 03-17-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Which is why it's sad to see that very demand harm then things making the neighborhood desirable in the first place.

AKA - the masquerade
The Masquerade could not afford to pay the rent price that area is demanding. It will relocate to another part of town and be successful there and build that area up.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
The Masquerade could not afford to pay the rent price that area is demanding. It will relocate to another part of town and be successful there and build that area up.
And then... move out again?

Old 03-17-2016, 09:49 AM

2,137 posts, read 2,132,203 times
Quote:

AKA - the masquerade
I don't think a grungy music venue is one of the things people were lining up to live next to. It's certainly a victim of the overall success of the neighborhood, but I don't think it was one of the things making the neighborhood a desirable place to live. I'd imagine that for most folks nearby, living near the Masquerade had more "minuses" that it did "pluses". If proximity to the masquerade made the area worthwhile of investment, it would have happened two decades ago.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:57 AM

5,443 posts, read 3,842,231 times
Quote:
If they want to guarantee they stay somewhere for a very long period of time, they're going to have to bite the bullet and purchase property.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:59 AM

4,397 posts, read 3,567,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
There is literally a place you can get a $6 chicken sandwich like a couple of blocks down the street. You can park for free and be in and out in 10 minutes. It's at Ponce City Market. I don't understand why people keep perpetuating the myth that everything at a mixed-use development costs 2x what it does everywhere else.
I see at Hops that the sandwich is $6 but does that come with anything else? If it's 6 bucks for just a sandwich, that is pretty steep. 6 at CFA gets you a whole meal.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:02 AM

Sorry y'all. I'm getting us off topic here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
I don't think a grungy music venue is one of the things people were lining up to live next to. It's certainly a victim of the overall success of the neighborhood, but I don't think it was one of the things making the neighborhood a desirable place to live. I'd imagine that for most folks nearby, living near the Masquerade had more "minuses" that it did "pluses". If proximity to the masquerade made the area worthwhile of investment, it would have happened two decades ago.
I suppose you could say that now, but what about when Old Fourth was just getting started redeveloping? The low-priced housing surely brought in students and young people who would fill the Masquerade's rooms for shows.

It might not have been the crowd that fills high end luxury apartments, but they were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
If they want to guarantee they stay somewhere for a very long period of time, they're going to have to bite the bullet and purchase property.
Yeah, most likely. Maybe do it quick before westside prices jump up too much. I know they were quite popular, so I don't THINK they'll have issues with turning a profit and keeping up with rising property costs.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Perfect location for them would be to lease or buy the old farmer's market property in West End. ABI would give them help to land a marquee tenant.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:36 AM

5,243 posts, read 4,643,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
There is literally a place you can get a $6 chicken sandwich like a couple of blocks down the street. You can park for free and be in and out in 10 minutes. It's at Ponce City Market. I don't understand why people keep perpetuating the myth that everything at a mixed-use development costs 2x what it does everywhere else.
Well, that $6 sandwich comes with nothing. A CFA sandwich is a little over $3. Looks like 2x to me...

Add a drink and a side and you are over $10. I am quite familiar with the pricing of food at PCM and Hops is, by far, the most reasonable place to eat. As the most reasonable place to eat, a "sandwich meal" for more than $10 justifies the "myth" that food is unreasonably priced there. Chicken by the piece, however is surprisingly reasonable.

I am tired of the these places making $12 - $15 quick serve lunches the new norm. It's fine to try, but it should not be an everyday option. Been wanting to try El Super Pan, but I refuse to spend $12 on JUST a sandwich. It's just wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or