Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 08:15 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,869,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
So do you want trouble and crime to occur on the rooftop or are you using the term "undesirables" for something else ? Undesirables implies they are not desired in a specific location for the reason that they cause trouble.

Btw, I'm not saying the cover charge is fair at all, just interesting terminology you used here.
i'm apparently not desired enough on their rooftop because i can't afford a $10 charge to stand on a roof. i think they're either completely ignorant of the fact that there are a significant number of native atlantans that can't afford that or they just don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
For $0 (zero dollars) I can park in Stone Mtn Village, walk down the PATH access and visit the park all I want. I do it often.
oh wow, i didn't know you could do this!

Old 06-28-2016, 08:34 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i'm apparently not desired enough on their rooftop because i can't afford a $10 charge to stand on a roof. i think they're either completely ignorant of the fact that there are a significant number of native atlantans that can't afford that or they just don't care.
Just like what a stripper told me before "if you aint branging no money stay yo azz at home"

Old 06-28-2016, 08:42 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,355,378 times
The curbed article states some prices:

Quote:
Once Skyline Park debuts, visitors can expect to pay between $1 (one trip on the slide) to about $10 (nighttime rates for miniature golf) to play. Midway games will cost a couple of bucks, and the Heege — a ride that simulates free-fall — will be around $5, officials said Sunday. Family packages could be available, too.
The only place there's a mention of a cover charge is in the comments, where someone states "I hear there will be a cover charge ($10 I think). You won’t be able to just go up there and hang out without paying the cover, which will help limit crowding." A comment is hardly a legitimate source of information, so take it with a grain of salt. Why would they charge you $10 just to get up to the beer garden? Why would they charge you a cover and then charge you again for participating in the activities? But, yet again, this could just be another corporate thing to rake as much money out of people as possible.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:16 PM

good point. i'm getting all worked up and we don't know if this is even a real policy they are going to implement.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:45 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,259,707 times
I can easily see them charging at times to help control the crowds, because I can easily see it getting crazy up there when the weather is nice on the weekends. Good rooftop spaces like this are painfully limited in our city; hopefully PCM's success will spur more projects like this.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:58 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,234,753 times
I'm looking forward to being able to check out the rooftop (did someone say "beer garden?). I'd be surprised if they charged a $10 fee, except for maybe peak weekend times. If that's the case, I'll go during "off" hours.

On another note, the new shed area is very nice. It's basically a long porch (at least half the length of a football field) with picnic tables. It faces the beltline, and it's a great place to bring takeout food from the food hall. Also, they've installed a stairway at the far end of this porch connecting to North Ave. Jamestown does things right.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:06 AM

561 posts, read 780,531 times
My understanding is that it's free to get to the roof, but all of the attractions/rides cost money.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:43 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
I can easily see them charging at times to help control the crowds, because I can easily see it getting crazy up there when the weather is nice on the weekends. Good rooftop spaces like this are painfully limited in our city; hopefully PCM's success will spur more projects like this.
It's also home to a lot of people. I'm not sure I'd want big crowds stomping around on my roof.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:06 AM

219 posts, read 270,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's also home to a lot of people. I'm not sure I'd want big crowds stomping around on my roof.
Is there an ignore feature on these boards?

Can someone point me to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta