Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 10:15 AM

222 posts, read 242,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Hmm, that is kind of interesting....

One of my old co-workers is a huge liberal. In fact, he was the marijuana dealer to a department of at least 100 people and wha you would call a massive functioning pothead.

Recently, he was thinking about moving and took a tour with his wife looking for a city they would like. Naturally, Colorado was high on his list. He told me they walked around Boulder for a bit and decided it was "just too much," which is saying a lot coming from this guy.

I haven't heard the same about Denver, but he said you couldn't walk anywhere in Boulder without smelling marijuana in the air. Of course, being a college town, that might be expected, but there are certainly things to consider when it comes to marijuana.

The biggest problem for me is that I find the odor offensive. Even when people are simply holding, I can definitely tell and it irritates my head. I'd like to see marijuana consumption strictly regulated and forbidden in any public or outdoor area. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing marijuana completely legalized, but severe penalties for consuming it in the wrong place...at least when it comes to smoking. Eat or vape it wherever you want.
Sorry, but your buddy lied to you. I lived in Boulder for a few years and it's nothing like your friend described. While Boulder is a college town, it is also a highly educated, and very very high income community. The cost of living in Boulder is obscene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 11:36 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,079,724 times
Quote:
Hmm, that is kind of interesting....

One of my old co-workers is a huge liberal. In fact, he was the marijuana dealer to a department of at least 100 people and wha you would call a massive functioning pothead.
Interestingly enough, many of the folks I know who partake are conservative in their political views.

I'm liberal, and I don't.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:49 AM

770 posts, read 603,480 times
Can we just make money off of it already and stop wasting our time and resources to fighting something like this.

Atlanta would still be Atlanta legalized or not, so your argument appears to have no merit.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:01 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,079,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
Can we just make money off of it already and stop wasting our time and resources to fighting something like this.
I agree. The potential for tax revenue is huge, as is the savings from reducing our largely ineffective law enforcement efforts.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:35 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,111 times
This smells like a bs post

Old 04-11-2016, 03:42 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,692,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
This smells like a bs post
Aye, it does.

Georgia is a state with a massive agricultural industry. If we take advantage of other states' timidness now, and solidify a foothold in the industry as a supplier now, we have a real chance to make an incredible amount of money for our state.

This comes from a person who has zero interest in smoking.

We SHOULD be legalizing, regulating, and then taxing its growth here. It's jobs, and it's revenue.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:55 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Interestingly enough, many of the folks I know who partake are conservative in their political views.

I'm liberal, and I don't.
I've noticed that, too. A lot of stoners are very conservative.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:59 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,628,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Aye, it does.

Georgia is a state with a massive agricultural industry. If we take advantage of other states' timidness now, and solidify a foothold in the industry as a supplier now, we have a real chance to make an incredible amount of money for our state.

This comes from a person who has zero interest in smoking.

We SHOULD be legalizing, regulating, and then taxing its growth here. It's jobs, and it's revenue.
We should be doing that. But I'm not so sure how much our current legislature cares about jobs and revenue, given how willing they just were to lose a ****load of them. Given what happened this year, it doesn't seem like the political will for something like that is anywhere near what it needs to be.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:02 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,743,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travbo View Post
Sorry, but your buddy lied to you. I lived in Boulder for a few years and it's nothing like your friend described. While Boulder is a college town, it is also a highly educated, and very very high income community. The cost of living in Boulder is obscene.
What does being highly educated and wealthy have to do with pot use? Wouldn't those people be smoking it more than those who can't afford as much. ( Not against it but your points don't make sense)

Old 04-11-2016, 04:08 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,073 times
Quote:

I haven't heard the same about Denver, but he said you couldn't walk anywhere in Boulder without smelling marijuana in the air. Of course, being a college town, that might be expected, but there are certainly things to consider when it comes to marijuana.
Nope.

I live in Boulder and rarely smell people smoking marijuana. Your friend is pulling your leg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta