Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 04:59 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,044,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
"On a decline" doesn't mean over and done. He can still have a great season or two. He's 31, not 40. I've seen plenty of QBs have a bad season and come back great, so it's not impossible. Let's play the season before we write him off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Yep. I think he's got a few more seasons left in him.
Ryan may have gas in the tank to be a quarterback elsewhere. Unfortunately, his ship has sailed with the Falcons. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 05:31 PM

11 posts, read 14,111 times
The line for the Falcons was horrible. Quinn made wholesale changes this time last year. We'll see how they perform this season.

1st season in a totally new offense last season and Ryan still threw for 4600 yards. 2nd season in the new system and we should expect better efficiency.

Lastly, I'm not opposed to drafting a QB next draft in a fairly strong year for passers.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:53 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,093,588 times
Falcons season hinges on 2 factors: will we have a pass rush, and will Ryan return to form. Unless BOTH work out- it will be a bad season. I believe Matt has become gun shy (understandable with all the hits he's taken), and lost his nerve when it really natters- like all the picks he throws near the goal line. I've seen no evidence of an improved pass rush- and in todays NFL- this is a must. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm predicting 6-10. Also, we have zero playmakers or impact players on defense- please don't try to sell Beasley or Worilow.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:56 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,727,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Falcons season hinges on 2 factors: will we have a pass rush, and will Ryan return to form. Unless BOTH work out- it will be a bad season. I believe Matt has become gun shy (understandable with all the hits he's taken), and lost his nerve when it really natters- like all the picks he throws near the goal line. I've seen no evidence of an improved pass rush- and in todays NFL- this is a must. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm predicting 6-10.
Im predicting 3-13 with this schedule. I hope im wrong and we go and win the Super Bowl. I also hope "Dew nothing" makes an announcement today that he is going to redevelopment his lot at 10th and Peachtree St into a 90 story tower with 15 retail stores as the first floor tenants. I also hope Cobb and Gwinnett will make an announcement today that they want to join MARTA as soon as possible and start ASAP on heavy rail...I HOPE...I HOPE the Falcons will win the Super Bowl but my gut feeling is they will be the same ol Falcons

Last edited by fieldm; 08-30-2016 at 11:23 AM..

Old 08-30-2016, 11:46 AM

6,610 posts, read 8,984,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ryan may have gas in the tank to be a quarterback elsewhere. Unfortunately, his ship has sailed with the Falcons. It is what it is.
I guess we'll see in a few weeks...but we're talking about a human being here, not a robot. None of us know exactly how he will perform this season.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:51 AM

Ryan has played mediocre at best in recent seasons. If that is the best he can do, the Falcons need to upgrade the position.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ryan has played mediocre at best in recent seasons. If that is the best he can do, the Falcons need to upgrade the position.
You should know better than to blame it on one player. He has had little help around him the past two seasons as well as a subpar OL. Like I said, we will get to see how he performs this season and make judgments afterwards - I'm not big on judging someone's performance before they perform.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:00 PM

I am not singling out a player to place blame. I have followed the Falcons and other teams in the NFC South Division. I have seen Ryan play over many seasons. Even with a good offense, he has become a mediocre quarterback. He is what he is.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:21 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,186,012 times
It's not that Ryan is a bad QB, it's that he's not great. He'll give you a 12-win season no problem, but he'll also prevent you from getting to the Super Bowl. That's why I just don't see the point. We've had him long enough now to know what his upper limits are; it's not like he's going to grow into greatness. He'll have his best moments, but it's very inconsistent. If the point is winning it all, which it should be, then you can't accept a mediocre to pretty good quarterback, unless every other aspect of the team is excellent.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
It's not that Ryan is a bad QB, it's that he's not great. He'll give you a 12-win season no problem, but he'll also prevent you from getting to the Super Bowl. That's why I just don't see the point. We've had him long enough now to know what his upper limits are; it's not like he's going to grow into greatness. He'll have his best moments, but it's very inconsistent. If the point is winning it all, which it should be, then you can't accept a mediocre to pretty good quarterback, unless every other aspect of the team is excellent.
Again, if you think you can pin getting to the Super Bowl on one player then I'm not sure what to tell you. Teams have made it that far on much worse QBs than Matt Ryan...his success is completely tied to the team around him. The best Ryan teams over the past few years didn't make it to the Super Bowl, that's true...but to blame it all on his deficiencies is just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta