Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 06:56 PM

12,969 posts, read 9,651,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I wonder if time will heal this, for us lifelong Falcons fans. Even if we win the Super Bowl next year, even if it's against the Patriots, yesterday will still hurt. Right now it feels like we could win the next 5 Super Bowls, and that freaking game will still hurt. That was just horrible.

I think I'm ready to take a long break from following sports, honestly. That game just really, really got to me. Craziness.
I feel and understand your pain, but you will survive this and so will the Falcons. Yes, it's going to sting for a minute, but things will get better as time goes by. This probably is equivalent to the NBA finals last year, when Cleveland came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Warriors to win the NBA Championship. The Warriors players probably know best how the Falcons players feel. The Warriors are back in contention this year and I believe have the NBA best record. Don't get too down on yourself, keep in mind it's just a game after all and these guys have lots of money, and most of us have to punch a clock every morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 06:59 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,235,467 times
Quote:
I wonder if time will heal this, for us lifelong Falcons fans. Even if we win the Super Bowl next year, even if it's against the Patriots, yesterday will still hurt. Right now it feels like we could win the next 5 Super Bowls, and that freaking game will still hurt. That was just horrible.

I think I'm ready to take a long break from following sports, honestly. That game just really, really got to me. Craziness.
That's exactly where I'm at right now - taking a hiatus from sports for a while. I think this game will leave an emotional scar for all of us Falcons fans, regardless of how well they do in the future.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
That's exactly where I'm at right now - taking a hiatus from sports for a while. I think this game will leave an emotional scar for all of us Falcons fans, regardless of how well they do in the future.
Only if you let it. Don't let it be the end of the world Falcons fan. Only thing you could do was watch the game, you absolutely had no control over the outcome.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Only if you let it. Don't let it be the end of the world Falcons fan. Only thing you could do was watch the game, you absolutely had no control over the outcome.
Oh, I know. But the thing is, these losses do take a bit of a toll, even though I realize they don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. That's why Chicagoans were so elated when the Cubs finally won a World Series last year after so many years of disappointment.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:36 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
Some positives in it. At least we've been in 2 Super Bowls now. And Matt Ryan and Julio have been to the big show. That's a huge thing for players and teams. The Falcons will get more respect and attention in general now. To be that close to a championship, you can't dismiss a team like that. And we're a young team, so we should have some good years ahead with this team.

It was just a blown game. It happens sometimes. An exceptionally horrible one that will never be topped in suckiness ever, but just a thing that happens in team sports.

Personally, though, I'm done for a while with sports. I will never love again.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Some positives in it. At least we've been in 2 Super Bowls now. And Matt Ryan and Julio have been to the big show. That's a huge thing for players and teams. The Falcons will get more respect and attention in general now. To be that close to a championship, you can't dismiss a team like that. And we're a young team, so we should have some good years ahead with this team.

It was just a blown game. It happens sometimes. An exceptionally horrible one that will never be topped in suckiness ever, but just a thing that happens in team sports.

Personally, though, I'm done for a while with sports. I will never love again.

You will

Old 02-06-2017, 07:50 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,096 times
Default This will have a bit of a negative effect on the rest of the teams

The Braves will always have a following but the Hawks will suffer the worst from this Super Bowl meltdown. Atlanta already has trouble filling the arena and now with the Falcons losing the energy to help the Hawks surge is gone. Looking at the arena on TV it looks even more empty then it normally is and the Hawks are losing by 20 to Utah. The only way to repair this is a championship from somebody. Hell even Georgia or Tech winning it all would help. The Falcons had the support and hearts of the city of Atlanta and the entire state of Georgia and crushed them now the Hawks and to a less extent the Braves will suffer.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Oh, I know. But the thing is, these losses do take a bit of a toll, even though I realize they don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. That's why Chicagoans were so elated when the Cubs finally won a World Series last year after so many years of disappointment.
It was an emotional rollercoaster, but life goes on. As long as you got your health and wellness and a job, then life is still pretty good.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It was an emotional rollercoaster, but life goes on. As long as you got your health and wellness and a job, then life is still pretty good.
Indeed.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:33 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,751,604 times
This is how Hillary Clinton felt last Nov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta