Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 01:40 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,650,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post
Lots of Falcons fans posting here which is awesome to see. And lots of you are from other places but you rooted for the Falcons, which is also awesome to see.

Is your support because you hate the Pats and wanted to see anyone but them win? Or are you originally from Atlanta and moved away but still root for the Falcons? Or are you originally from somewhere else but you root for the Falcons over your home city's team, and if so, why?

I never thought of the Falcons as having a strong following outside the Southeast. Unlike, say, the Steelers, who seem to have legions of fans in every major city around the country.

But it's great to see this widespread support, especially after that ugly loss.
I live in central South Carolina near Columbia. I'm not a Falcons fan nor a Carolina Panthers fan, I'm a life long Steelers fan. I'm a fan of the game and I really wanted Atlanta to win for many reasons, I was seriously pulling for them. I feel so bad for the Falcons fans, I can only imagine how it must feel. I'm giving my support in this difficult times, like showing good sportsmanship. I'm grieving with you and I probably will be paying them more attention next season, to see how they or if they can rebound from such a loss. The head coach will really have his hands full next season. He have to get this team to shake it off, put it behind them and play good ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 07:27 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,536,739 times
http://imgur.com/a/PQKQ8

Old 02-07-2017, 07:34 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,560,328 times
I get the sense that Falcons' players are starting to look up. I think that the Squad will be fine for the 17-18 season. Some pundits are already betting on Atlanta suffering some type of hangover as the reason they miss the playoffs. I think Atlanta has better leadership in the locker room for a hangover to occur (that's just me though).

Looking at the NFC, all of the NFC South teams will be tough. The Vikings may be that team that comes on, they had a year like the 15-16 Falcons. Seattle will win the West. I have no clue who will come out of the East.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:34 PM

1,057 posts, read 867,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
Our braves banner must be so lonely.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:36 PM

1,057 posts, read 867,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
I get the sense that Falcons' players are starting to look up. I think that the Squad will be fine for the 17-18 season. Some pundits are already betting on Atlanta suffering some type of hangover as the reason they miss the playoffs. I think Atlanta has better leadership in the locker room for a hangover to occur (that's just me though).

Looking at the NFC, all of the NFC South teams will be tough. The Vikings may be that team that comes on, they had a year like the 15-16 Falcons. Seattle will win the West. I have no clue who will come out of the East.
Vikings have no qb. I suspect the usual suspects will be there... Seattle, Green Bay, now Dallas. Also Tampa can be scary. Maybe the panthers will get their act together too. Who knows. This still sucks lol

Old 02-07-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Vikings have no qb. I suspect the usual suspects will be there... Seattle, Green Bay, now Dallas. Also Tampa can be scary. Maybe the panthers will get their act together too. Who knows. This still sucks lol
I don't know how I forgot about Dallas. The NFC South will be tough again and I can see Carolina coming on and being solid. Green Bay still will have a suspect defense and they need a RB. Dallas is suspect on defense too. ATL will have some big games against all of the NFC North, Dallas, and Seattle for the 17-18 season. They know they'll need home field advantage but good thing that NFC South teams will get them prepped for whatever QB they may see in the playoff (Brees is still an elite QB and Cam is a mobile QB who could go off).

Looking ahead keeps my mind off of you know what.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:57 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,911,994 times
Quote:

Just looking at our opponents next year we could potentially finish with an even better record. I too have seen so many people say Atlanta will be like Carolina. I say to those people Carolina didn't start 4 rookies on defense and unlike Cam Newton who folded and cried like a baby, Matt was a true professional about the game. Carolina was a veteran team and the old saying you can't teach a old dog new tricks comes to mind. These young Falcons will be out for blood come next year, mark my words.

2017-2018 opponents

Home opponents: Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys.

Road opponents: Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
Just looking at our opponents next year we could potentially finish with an even better record. I too have seen so many people say Atlanta will be like Carolina. I say to those people Carolina didn't start 4 rookies on defense and unlike Cam Newton who folded and cried like a baby, Matt was a true professional about the game. Carolina was a veteran team and the old saying you can't teach a old dog new tricks comes to mind. These young Falcons will be out for blood come next year, mark my words.

2017-2018 opponents

Home opponents: Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys.

Road opponents: Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks.
It's early of course but gauging the schedule...I too think they can potentially have a better record. ATL still has better pieces on offense and we are certainly anticipating the defense to come into form. Those AFC East teams are terrible on paper, Green Bay may be a Saints clone this year (Aaron Rodgers may have to average 30 a game just to be competitive and have a bad defense just like Brees). The rest of the NFC North looks weak but Detroit may get better. What if Dallas is the one who will have a hangover? Most of the comp may very well come inside the division. See how the offseason continues.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:35 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,911,994 times
Quote:
It's early of course but gauging the schedule...I too think they can potentially have a better record. ATL still has better pieces on offense and we are certainly anticipating the defense to come into form. Those AFC East teams are terrible on paper, Green Bay may be a Saints clone this year (Aaron Rodgers may have to average 30 a game just to be competitive and have a bad defense just like Brees). The rest of the NFC North looks weak but Detroit may get better. What if Dallas is the one who will have a hangover? Most of the comp may very well come inside the division. See how the offseason continues.
The way I see it and again its early, Atlanta brings back the same offense as last year and the defense will be worlds better with playoff experience, plus the draft and free agency, the return of Trufant and Shelby. We are only losing fat and role players. If we win 4 out of our 6 division games, win 7 out of our 8 home games and finish 5 out of 8 on the road we're sitting at 12-4 with possible home field in the playoffs again.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:06 PM

True. On the AFC side, New England will be there of course but Oakland is dangerous.

Regarding the mentally of the team going forward, this team knows that they can play with anyone in the league. Quinn is a positive guy and I know that he'll find the positive out of it. This defense held the Pats out of the end-zone for like a quarter in a half. They had them on the ropes too. I think this team will be itching to get back in it. Tamme and Trufant are back & we built some good depth with those who stepped in their place this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta