Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 08:11 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,374,705 times

Advertisements

The Saints D is at a point of being historically awful. But, any win against a division opponent that absolutely hates you and to win in their house, is a good win.

The Carolina game will being very telling. The Vikings exposed serious flaws last week. Don't know if the Falcons have the personnel to do the same damage though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 08:16 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,751,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
The Saints D is at a point of being historically awful. But, any win against a division opponent that absolutely hates you and to win in their house, is a good win.

The Carolina game will being very telling. The Vikings exposed serious flaws last week. Don't know if the Falcons have the personnel to do the same damage though.
They did it last season

Hopefully they will do it again this season

Old 09-29-2016, 07:35 AM

847 posts, read 1,457,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post

We will have to pressure Cam just like we did when the Panthers came to the Dome last season. The Panthers' D is still good, but their team is not as good as they were last year even with Benjamin back. It will not be an easy win for either side.

As far as the Saints go, their poor front office decisions have come back to bite them in the rear end. We dealt with some of that as well, but fortunately for us we didn't end up in cap hell. Our D still has plenty of room for improvement, but at least Quinn and the gang have made some personnel moves and our rookies are looking pretty good. We definitely have our offense clicking, but you can't have shootouts every week and expect to succeed. Our D will have to continue to try to get sacks, stops, and takeaways.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:57 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
We can beat Carolina because our offense is clicking, and we are at home. The Panthers don't appear to "want it" like they did last season. I suspect that having an egomaniac playing QB, and refusing to fall on a fumble during the Super Bowl has affected the team. Afterall, if you were an O-lineman, would you want to kill yourself protecting someone like Cam? Hence, 8 sacks by the Vikings last week.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:26 AM

654 posts, read 527,032 times
The hate towards cam is fricking insane. He's twice the QB Matty 'Ice Pick' Ryan is, and i say that as a falcons fan. Cam's teammates love him and if i lived in NC i would too. He's the kind of player opposing fans just love to hate on but all that matters are what Panther players and fans think.

He's kinda weird and quirky, but in a field of bland I don't really mind that.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:05 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Either the Saints and Raiders have some godawful defenses, or we are finally getting to see the Matt Ryan that we have been waiting for years to see.
The Raiders and the Saints have issues on defense. The Saints can change defensive coordinators every two or three seasons, but their defense has continued to suck. Sean Payton is coaching for his job this season, and he is not doing a good job to keep it.

The Falcons will face a real team against the Panthers. The Panthers obviously are not going 15-1 this season, but they are still good.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:08 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
As far as the Saints go, their poor front office decisions have come back to bite them in the rear end.
I do not see Saints general manager Mickey Loomis and head coach Sean Payton keeping their jobs after the season. I seriously think they should have been dismissed after last season.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I do not see Saints general manager Mickey Loomis and head coach Sean Payton keeping their jobs after the season. I seriously think they should have been dismissed after last season.

It almost mirrors how Les Miles should have been let go prior to now. My friends and family in Louisiana have been screaming for change from both the Saints and LSU for years.

That Brees contract will cripple them just like Kobe's last contract crippled my Lakers before he retired. There were several bad moves before that one, but that one pretty much took the cake. We scream at Dimitroff here in the A, but even our misses haven't totally killed the franchise.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCM View Post
The hate towards cam is fricking insane. He's twice the QB Matty 'Ice Pick' Ryan is, and i say that as a falcons fan. Cam's teammates love him and if i lived in NC i would too. He's the kind of player opposing fans just love to hate on but all that matters are what Panther players and fans think.

He's kinda weird and quirky, but in a field of bland I don't really mind that.
I don't personally hate Cam Newton, but he is not a Falcon. As long as he plays for a division rival, I hope to see him lose.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:39 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,751,604 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta