U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 09:35 PM

4,228 posts, read 4,120,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
So yeah all you falcon fans..I'm gonna go out on a limb ad make a prediction about your Dirty Birds for next season that you're not gonna likemtoo much.

After such an epic choke job as they pulled in the Super Bowl...No playoff caliber team should EVER let another come back from a 25 point deficit....I'm thinking that Atlanta will carry the psychological falling into next year. And maybe longer. I'm reminded of the Raiders and how they weren't righf for years after getting crushed by Gruden and Tampa Bay in that Super Bowl about fifteen years ago.

So I say Atlanta's record next year is about 7-9, with no playoffs.

Remember where ya heard it first....OK?

LOL
So basically this is base on nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 10:11 PM

I don't know how a Teams blowing a lead somehow is being translated as that team got blow out. It was the closest Superbowl in history because of the overtime.

No Super bowl teams should had been down 25 points in the first place... especially to the 27th ranked defense team. If the Falcons would had kept the lead it would had looked much worst on Pats then the Falcons letting them come back.

The Falcons had very weak defense that usual let up points in the second half. but normally last season Falcons stay a touch down or two away.

Like the game against the saints who score 19 points in Fourth quarter the exact same thing the patriots did in the Super bowl. Expect again the Falcons had another or so touch down that prevented teams making a come back.

I expected Atlanta defense to be bad and for pats to comeback a little. but I also expected a touch down or at least a field goal in fourth. So in the superbowl the Falcons were off, not so much the comeback itself the defense been bad, but bad play calling on the offense.

As I stated before unless there a major shake up I expected the falcons to be a top 3 NFC team next year.

Last edited by chiatldal; 02-12-2017 at 10:21 PM..

Old 02-13-2017, 10:58 AM

Basically regardless of the upset what I took away from that game the most, is Falcons can beat the pats. It took the best of the Pats playing like super heroes in the fourth to beat the Falcons.

The last time Falcons went to the Superbowl the Falcons could not handle the Broncos. This team time the Falcons gave what people boast as the best team of this generation the pats a run for their money.

When the Panther went last year they had one of the easiest season schedule. and they won close games in the NFC play offs and they was blown in the Superbowl.

the Falcons literally were tied at having the toughest season schedule, but came out the best scoring. blown out the NFC playoff teams, And went to an overtime with the dynasty pats in a Superbowl.

This is why I don't think it's good to compare this falcon team to the following seasons of the Panthers Superbowl run or even 99 Falcons season post Superbowl it's they are very different situations. The Fashion which the Falcons lost the superbowl was the definition of a heartbreak, but whole situation of how the Falcons got there is impressive. So I'm actually more confident in the Falcons then I ever been.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:31 AM

4,995 posts, read 3,481,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
So yeah all you falcon fans..I'm gonna go out on a limb ad make a prediction about your Dirty Birds for next season that you're not gonna likemtoo much.

After such an epic choke job as they pulled in the Super Bowl...No playoff caliber team should EVER let another come back from a 25 point deficit....I'm thinking that Atlanta will carry the psychological falling into next year. And maybe longer. I'm reminded of the Raiders and how they weren't righf for years after getting crushed by Gruden and Tampa Bay in that Super Bowl about fifteen years ago.

So I say Atlanta's record next year is about 7-9, with no playoffs.

Remember where ya heard it first....OK?

LOL
Go play in traffic.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:02 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,888,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Basically regardless of the upset what I took away from that game the most, is Falcons can beat the pats. It took the best of the Pats playing like super heroes in the fourth to beat the Falcons.

The last time Falcons went to the Superbowl the Falcons could not handle the Broncos. This team time the Falcons gave what people boast as the best team of this generation the pats a run for their money.

When the Panther went last year they had one of the easiest season schedule. and they won close games in the NFC play offs and they was blown in the Superbowl.

the Falcons literally were tied at having the toughest season schedule, but came out the best scoring. blown out the NFC playoff teams, And went to an overtime with the dynasty pats in a Superbowl.

This is why I don't think it's good to compare this falcon team to the following seasons of the Panthers Superbowl run or even 99 Falcons season post Superbowl it's they are very different situations. The Fashion which the Falcons lost the superbowl was the definition of a heartbreak, but whole situation of how the Falcons got there is impressive. So I'm actually more confident in the Falcons then I ever been.
Well said, and I agree. Anyone listen to 680thefan? I just love Brian Finneran. What an awesome representation of Atlanta with his passion for the city and the team. Poor guy was as broken as I was after that loss. If anything, Atlanta gained more passion for this team and the fans will be very excited going into the 2017 season. This team will win the NFC South at the very least and go deep into the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta