U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:56 AM

3,533 posts, read 3,082,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
I'm thinking Opening day for the Braves in 2017! We can have a C-D section!
By the time we get through the traffic, the game will be over already. I'm not even gonna try CCT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 11:09 AM

743 posts, read 679,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
Heh, imagine having C-D arguments in real life. Someone at the meetup would casually bring up Cobb County (maybe jsvh, who would probably be wearing a "F*** Cobb County" t-shirt), and maybe a quarter of the attendees would get into a spat about ITP/OTP snobbiness, traffic, schools, Tim Lee, Bob Ott, and so on.

Born 2 Roll would come, eager to engage in intricate, detailed, and verbose discussions on Atlanta/Georgia politics, transit, and commuting patterns.

There'd be one guy who would show up just to rile up the attendees on some controversial topic, like religious freedom.

Finally, someone would walk by looking for help finding a house. lastminutemom wouldn't be partaking in the Cobb/MARTA/transit/politics discussion, instead looking to help those wondering what the best school districts are, where to move their families, and so on.

Maybe arjay would show up wearing a shirt simply saying, "Elbow Room!"

- skbl17
Haha this is near perfect. Reminds me of the "if the internet was a real place" Chappelle show skit.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:36 AM

6,567 posts, read 7,688,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Dude we would never watch the game. Not a single pitch. We'd just argue over how bad MARTA rail needed to be expanded to Cumberland.
I believe it might work out better if we separated ourselves by BRT supporters, light rail supporters, HRT supporters, and a row of naysayers.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:15 PM

11,319 posts, read 22,505,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I'd love to meet up. I started thinking of good places to meet and laughed at the thought of mentioning anywhere in Cobb County as one. HAHA.
Meet at the Tilted Kilt in Cumberland. Just down (up?) Akers Mill from the MARTA/CCT bus exchange so ITPers could hitch a ride. And I could walk there from work. Heheh.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:33 PM

23,468 posts, read 17,616,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Meet at the Tilted Kilt in Cumberland. Just down (up?) Akers Mill from the MARTA/CCT bus exchange so ITPers could hitch a ride. And I could walk there from work. Heheh.
It would have to be accessible to MARTA rail, have a sidewalk, bike lanes, freeway access, etc. Just so we could appease everyone.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
It would have to be accessible to MARTA rail, have a sidewalk, bike lanes, freeway access, etc. Just so we could appease everyone.
MARTA bus isn't good enough?

Old 04-18-2016, 02:49 PM

23,468 posts, read 17,616,911 times
Quote:
Not us rail fan boys.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Not us rail fan boys.
You could bring a piece of Lionel track with you and place it on the bus seat.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:08 PM

3,156 posts, read 1,464,393 times
Quote:
That's not a bad idea. Just looked at the area and there seems to be plenty of places to eat. I also see Marta around the corner. Wow! I am so amazed how good they've gotten with integrating MARTA in google maps. I was also surprised to see that the 12 bus still goes to Cumberland. I know a few years ago there was massive change with the bus system and so couldn't assume.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:12 PM

3,156 posts, read 1,464,393 times
Quote:
Quote:
Not us rail fan boys.
I used to be a MARTA user through and through and to find a bus that goes all the way from the train station to Cumberland, was a huge positive. There is nothing worse than having to transfer buses, especially when you are not familiar with an area.

The walk wouldn't even be that much. If that walk is too much, then those MARTA users aren't true public transport users because I remember having to walk A LOT. They must be heavily dependent on friends/family, or Uber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta