Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 04:13 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,751,604 times

Advertisements

So are yall gonna set up a time and place or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 04:45 PM

994 posts, read 1,540,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
So are yall gonna set up a time and place or what?
I've just been able to read the responses, and I think it would be interesting to arrange a gathering. I'd be up for attending, though I wouldn't want the responsibility of planning. Perhaps we should get a sense of the best days / times for all those interested. Any actual event planning should probably occur via PM.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:54 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
I've just been able to read the responses, and I think it would be interesting to arrange a gathering. I'd be up for attending, though I wouldn't want the responsibility of planning. Perhaps we should get a sense of the best days / times for all those interested. Any actual event planning should probably occur via PM.
Would we have to wear name tags with our screen names?

Old 04-18-2016, 04:56 PM

16,698 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post

Yes.

In big letters: Your real first name
In smaller letters underneath: Your cd screen name

Old 04-18-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Joystick Gamebar on Edgewood is the best location. The side room where the couches are. Its good because if someone isnt up to being there they can easily leave without anyone knowing because the bar and the restroom is in the main room. Plus the backroom has several couches and tables so people can move around. Its not like we will be at a big table sitting and eating and staring at each other. Its a real good vibe because it will be other people there. We would have to meet atound 7ish b4 it gets packed later on. Central location. Free parking. People arent required to buy anything. Etc

Old 04-18-2016, 06:07 PM

994 posts, read 1,540,597 times
Quote:
Joystick Gamebar on Edgewood is the best location. The side room where the couches are. Its good because if someone isnt up to being there they can easily leave without anyone knowing because the bar and the restroom is in the main room. Plus the backroom has several couches and tables so people can move around. Its not like we will be at a big table sitting and eating and staring at each other. Its a real good vibe because it will be other people there. We would have to meet atound 7ish b4 it gets packed later on. Central location. Free parking. People arent required to buy anything. Etc
Alright. Should we ask others to propose locations and then vote? :-)

You wanna take the lead in planning?

Old 04-18-2016, 06:37 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I'm not gonna lie...I think it would be fun trying to figure it out. You would, however, have to find of way of indicating you are from city forum that way you're not asking random people.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Alright. Should we ask others to propose locations and then vote? :-)

You wanna take the lead in planning?
Sure but we will never be able to choose a place because everyone will want to go to a different place. Someone might want to have it in Lawrenceville or Peachtree City which is too far from the average poster It needs to be in a central location with free parking. If someone has a better idea they can post it but until then we can have it this Saturday or next Saturday at 6pm or 7pm at

Joystick Gamebar
427 Edgewood Ave
Atlanta, GA

Vote:

This Saturday or next Saturday ?
6pm or 7pm?

Im choosing Saturday because the average person shouldnt have to work on Saturday. Im choosing an evening time so people can mingle before it gets too late for some people and before Edgewood gets packed hours later. Plus its festival season so this time slot will be perfect if people are out all day and they can stop by afterwards b4 heading home

Old 04-18-2016, 06:57 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
How about in Suwanee? That way you ITPers can for once experience the good life OTP.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:25 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I'm not gonna lie...I think it would be fun trying to figure it out. You would, however, have to find of way of indicating you are from city forum that way you're not asking random people.
Actually that does sound fun.

"I enjoy my elbow room"
"Arjay!"

Quote:
Sure but we will never be able to choose a place because everyone will want to go to a different place. Someone might want to have it in Lawrenceville or Peachtree City which is too far from the average poster It needs to be in a central location with free parking. If someone has a better idea they can post it but until then we can have it this Saturday or next Saturday at 6pm or 7pm at

Joystick Gamebar
427 Edgewood Ave
Atlanta, GA

Vote:

This Saturday or next Saturday ?
6pm or 7pm?

Im choosing Saturday because the average person shouldnt have to work on Saturday. Im choosing an evening time so people can mingle before it gets too late for some people and before Edgewood gets packed hours later. Plus its festival season so this time slot will be perfect if people are out all day and they can stop by afterwards b4 heading home
I wouldn't be able to make it (still in PA). If this happens I definitely want to know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
How about in Suwanee? That way you ITPers can for once experience the good life OTP.
We can have a NE OTP meetup
Everyone would be welcome but I doubt the PTC folk would really want to make that trek!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta