Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:53 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
If you watch them play, you will understand this. I'm a Braves fan since 1969, and this is the least talented team I've ever seen. Mind you, I watched all those terrible 70's and 80's teams.

IMO some of those 80s team had less talent on them. Fredi Gonzalez is a huge problem and needs to go. The guy just has no clue how to handle a pitching staff, as he continually pulls his starting pitcher too early and blows through most of his bullpen. His bullpen will be toast by the end of May at the rate that he uses them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 10:27 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,561,244 times
Quote:
Is the infield also causing O'Flaherty and Grilli to get creamed, and keeping Freeman from hitting?
If visiting catchers are reporting that the ground in the batting circle feels 'soft', yeah, it could sap power. That doesn't appear to be what's happening to Freeman, though. His walk rate is up, but so is his strikeout rate, and flyball rate. Not much variance in his Home/away splits. Jason Grilli, on the other hand, can't seem to find the strike zone when he's pitching in Turner Field.

The Braves are 1-7 at home and 3-4 on the road. Buckle up, folks; this isn't going to be pleasant. I say that as a Red Sox fan who just watched our $217m "ace" raise his ERA over 7.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:32 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
IMO some of those 80s team had less talent on them. Fredi Gonzalez is a huge problem and needs to go. The guy just has no clue how to handle a pitching staff, as he continually pulls his starting pitcher too early and blows through most of his bullpen. His bullpen will be toast by the end of May at the rate that he uses them.
Agreed, but Bobby Cox will fight letting go of his buddy. If not for Bobby, I believe FG would already have lost his job.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post
If visiting catchers are reporting that the ground in the batting circle feels 'soft', yeah, it could sap power. That doesn't appear to be what's happening to Freeman, though. His walk rate is up, but so is his strikeout rate, and flyball rate. Not much variance in his Home/away splits. Jason Grilli, on the other hand, can't seem to find the strike zone when he's pitching in Turner Field.

The Braves are 1-7 at home and 3-4 on the road. Buckle up, folks; this isn't going to be pleasant. I say that as a Red Sox fan who just watched our $217m "ace" raise his ERA over 7.
The visiting team seems to be hitting for plenty of power in Atlanta. As a Red Sox fan, enjoy our former closer- Kimbrel. I've watched the Braves for 47 seasons, and he's the best relief pitcher they ever had. Of course, they gave him away!

Old 04-22-2016, 01:16 PM

1,383 posts, read 1,561,244 times
Quote:
As a Red Sox fan, enjoy our former closer- Kimbrel. I've watched the Braves for 47 seasons, and he's the best relief pitcher they ever had. Of course, they gave him away!
Kimbrel's been hit-or-miss for Boston so far. The Braves got Matt Wisler, among others, out of the deal, and it looks like he's been holding his own despite an anemic strikeout rate.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:02 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,155,945 times
If MLB had relegation rules, the Braves would be relegated at the end of this season for sure.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post
Kimbrel's been hit-or-miss for Boston so far. The Braves got Matt Wisler, among others, out of the deal, and it looks like he's been holding his own despite an anemic strikeout rate.
I like Wisler, but I'd take Kimbrel over him in a second. Wisler won't win many games no matter how well he pitches with this pathetic squad behind him. You guys have a by when playing the Braves this week.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:31 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Agreed, but Bobby Cox will fight letting go of his buddy. If not for Bobby, I believe FG would already have lost his job.
The more the Braves continue to lose, the more reasons increase for González to separate from the Braves.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The more the Braves continue to lose, the more reasons increase for González to separate from the Braves.
He won't be managing next year. While nobody could win with this crew, Freddie has been clueless since day one. Why are we rebuilding with a bunch of washed up has beens?

Old 04-27-2016, 09:27 AM

687 posts, read 744,794 times
Did I read correct that the Braves have only hit 3 home runs so far this season?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: