Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:08 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The more the Braves continue to lose, the more reasons increase for González to separate from the Braves.
They should have cut him loose years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 05:55 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,561,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
Did I read correct that the Braves have only hit 3 home runs so far this season?
Yes, this is a crushingly sad fact. 4, after last night. Freeman has two. Garcia and Stubbs have the others.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:19 AM

687 posts, read 744,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post
Yes, this is a crushingly sad fact. 4, after last night. Freeman has two. Garcia and Stubbs have the others.
Wow that is incredible. Bryce Harper must have had more than the whole team after one series SMH.

I think the Braves are playing a very dangerous game with their fans right now....many who were already pissed at the upcoming move from Turner Field.

Add in the fact that the Hawks seem to be doing everything right in attracting fans....a winning exciting team on the court....honing in on the intown young market.....a really solid marketing campaign.

And then just around the corner you have a brand new soccer team ready to go in a state of the art new stadium and the Braves might just to lose out on a whole next generation of fans.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:29 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Wow that is incredible. Bryce Harper must have had more than the whole team after one series SMH.

I think the Braves are playing a very dangerous game with their fans right now....many who were already pissed at the upcoming move from Turner Field.

Add in the fact that the Hawks seem to be doing everything right in attracting fans....a winning exciting team on the court....honing in on the intown young market.....a really solid marketing campaign.

And then just around the corner you have a brand new soccer team ready to go in a state of the art new stadium and the Braves might just to lose out on a whole next generation of fans.
Liberty Media does not care, they see the Braves as a professional sports team and now real estate investment.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:07 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,561,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Liberty Media does not care, they see the Braves as a professional sports team and now real estate investment.
Thing is that this isn't just an exaggeration. The ATL Biz article linked earlier in the thread [post #27] speaks volumes to the indifference Liberty Media has towards the Braves as a baseball team.

But for all of that disservice to fans who want to see a more competitive team, at least the Braves aren't owned by Jeffrey Loria.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:12 PM

225 posts, read 277,980 times
Quote:

I have been thinking this since they announced the move to Sun Trust. The Braves management is falling more and more out of touch with the evolving Atlanta fan base. Add on the fact that they are purposely tanking the team now, the Braves are really destroying decades worth of goodwill. I know people who have essentially sworn off the Braves. That kind of sentiment was unheard of ten years ago.

I like that you referenced the Hawks, because they seem to have it figured out. They might not be winning championships, but they are in touch with the fans and giving them something to cheer for.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:30 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
You have to get up pretty early to outfox those folks up in Cobb. Thus far it looks like they made a smart move but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:14 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by space cadet View Post
I have been thinking this since they announced the move to Sun Trust. The Braves management is falling more and more out of touch with the evolving Atlanta fan base. Add on the fact that they are purposely tanking the team now, the Braves are really destroying decades worth of goodwill. I know people who have essentially sworn off the Braves. That kind of sentiment was unheard of ten years ago.

I like that you referenced the Hawks, because they seem to have it figured out. They might not be winning championships, but they are in touch with the fans and giving them something to cheer for.
For those of us who experienced the glory days of the Braves in the '90s, this hurts to watch.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:40 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:

The Braves are betting that many of their fans are stupid enough to come back to games as soon as they turn on the money tap again and start winning a moderate number of games. And for many of the fans they are right. We have already seen plenty of people around here that will hold onto anything that has the "Braves" name on it no matter how ****ty they have become.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:05 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
For those of us who experienced the glory days of the Braves in the '90s, this hurts to watch.
Oh ye of little faith.

Do you not remember the Braves of the 1970s and 80s? Last or next to last for 12 of 19 seasons? Attendance was pathetic.

Yet there were those of us who remained loyal, and in due course came the winning years of the 1990s and 2000s.

Baseball is like life. Success comes to the patient.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: