U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 9,421 times

Advertisements

I've been doing lots of research about our relocation to the Atlanta area and fell in love with PTC. I was wondering if there are any 'bad' areas or less desireable subdivisions in PTC we should avoid? The houses we found in our budget range of $200-$240K show some attractive homes, but I know that this is on the lower end of the price spectrum in this upscale area. Don't want to be stuck in the PTC 'ghetto', if there is a such thing. Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM

1,546 posts, read 3,962,774 times
I do not consider PTC to have any "bad" neighborhoods. Like anywhere, the more expensive neighborhoods will be "better" than the less expensive ones. But $200k to $240k should be able to get you a decent house in a decent neighborhood. It will likely not be on a golf course or anything, but it will be safe.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:24 PM

4,052 posts, read 5,151,623 times
Smile Peach Tree City

I was also interested in PTC at one time, then I started looking at Alpharetta and so forth. Your post brings me back - this would be a second home for us - I would like info on age groups in PTC, town center concept (?), restaurants (nice, chain, etc), what to do at night, friendliness of people, etc.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:15 PM

37 posts, read 54,980 times
No bad neighborhoods at all in PTC. There are 2 or 3 small apartment complexes that are a little sketchy, but in reality, they're creampuffs compared to anything in a real city. If you're within the city limits, you're almost guaranteed to be in a pretty good neighborhood.

That price range is tough though for PTC, you're going to end up with a very small home or one that is over 20 years old (the pioneers of the city!). I would recommend looking at neighborhoods just outside of the city, towards Fayetteville or Newnan. Im moving to Newnan because of how much more home you get for your money.

Peachtree City has plenty of shopping, alot more big chain stores coming in as the city relaxes its restrictions on big box retailers. Most restaurant chains are here as well, and the Avenues is a decent walkable outside mall concept.

Back to Newnan, they are beginning to get more restaurants and stores than PTC. The huge commercial development, Avery Park has brought in Dillards, JCPenny, Barnes N Noble, etc. New home communities are sprouting up right around it. I'd give it a look.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:18 PM

573 posts, read 1,155,899 times
The previous poster is right about that for the money that proberly will mean a smaller home or an older home here. But I'd suggest taking a look at some of the older homes here because some those are actually much better built than many of the newer ones on the market here.
If your interested in looking at comparisons of things like crime rates , age of population you might want to check out a site called Zip Skinny.Just type in Peachtree City's zip code (30269) and those of others your intersted in and this site can tell you alot !

Old 02-17-2008, 10:51 PM

137 posts, read 508,804 times
Peachtree City is a really nice town. There aren't ghetto n'hoods here, but some of the older n'hoods are a bit run down and have some rentals. IMO if you stay in the 200s and above you'll be fine. I wouldn't drop down below that. There are lots of nice older homes that need a bit of updating that you should be able to get for well under $300k. I saw one the other day that was $225k and had a full basement and a half acre. It made me think about selling mine!

I don't think you can go wrong with coming to PTC. It really is a nice place to live and a great area to raise a family. It is very rare to find someone who doesn't like it. VERY rare.

Good Luck!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:39 AM

90 posts, read 247,931 times
Heading out west on Rt 54, toward Sharpsburg, Wynnmeade often gets talked about in less than savory terms, but it seems like the best priced lake front property. I suspect there's some prejudice there.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 PM

25 posts, read 58,646 times
Default PTC...it's all good!

80 miles plus of recreational golf cart paths, village shopping areas, low crime, low traffic, great schools, top notch recreational facilities...check out these links

Peachtree City, GA - Official Website - Moving to PTC

Best Places to Retire: Peachtree City, Georgia - US News and World Report

more to check out on my blog

Jonas

Peachtree City Georgia -2BR bungalow in lifestyle community! (House for Sale) - vFlyer

Old 02-27-2008, 11:39 AM

8 posts, read 16,410 times
Hi There. The southside, Newnan, Fayetteville, Peachtree City is an easy commute to Atlanta. It really depends where in Atlanta you will be working. Peachtree City is an awesome community. You can do alright with $ 250 and up. We bought our first house in Sharpsburg, Coweta county and made an excellent choice. My husband works at the airport. 25 minutes door to door! I am also a Realtor. You can search my site: SouthernStage.com
You can search by zip, city, school, etc. all of Georgia. You do not have to register, but if you do I can see what you're looking at and you can receive updates whenever a match comes on the market. Please mention this site if you do register or if we email so I can keep track. Thanks. Hope this helps. Regards. Karen

Old 11-12-2008, 07:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,058 times
Check out this village called Serenbe "cottage style living" It's about 20 min.from Peachtree city!!!!!!
Crazy beautiful and $$$$$ outstanding area for 2nd home....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta