U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 01:55 PM

255 posts, read 175,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlking View Post
Those "conservative voters" in Cobb prove time and time again, they are not fiscally conservative at all. Only conservative when it comes to "social issues" they will fight tooth and nail over restrooms and gya marriage, but lay down for crap like this.

Baseball = good for white folks in Cobb (lets be real)

Marta = We dont want any of those black people riding the train out here to rob us all

I hope the team sucks for decades, I hope traffic sucks, and I dont care what the vote on Marta is-- as long as residents of Cobb have an hour added to their daily commutes, I'm happy.
Could not agree more.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:55 PM

5,250 posts, read 3,700,488 times
Quote:
Those precious Cobb County voters get exactly what they deserve. Enjoy your Liberty Media, Marietta Braves
Quote:
Those "conservative voters" in Cobb prove time and time again, they are not fiscally conservative at all. Only conservative when it comes to "social issues" they will fight tooth and nail over restrooms and gya marriage, but lay down for crap like this.

Baseball = good for white folks in Cobb (lets be real)

Marta = We dont want any of those black people riding the train out here to rob us all

I hope the team sucks for decades, I hope traffic sucks, and I dont care what the vote on Marta is-- as long as residents of Cobb have an hour added to their daily commutes, I'm happy.
Yes, because they voted to approve the stadium.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:15 PM

11,319 posts, read 22,274,985 times
Quote:
Those precious Cobb County voters get exactly what they deserve. Enjoy your Liberty Media, Marietta Braves
I didn't realize we were given a chance to vote.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:17 PM

1,210 posts, read 951,036 times
Quote:
Don't be so sure; Cobb County has a pretty strong Tea Party streak among its conservative voters. Remember that the stadium deal was done with next to no public input, so "support" for this, beyond Tim Lee and a few other County Commissioners, has almost entirely been retroactive. And, if history is any indication, tax revenues generated by the entire stadium development are not likely to come close to offsetting how much Cobb County will be on the hook for.

Last edited by DJDeadParrot; 05-03-2016 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: clarified who supports the new stadium

Old 05-03-2016, 02:18 PM

23,023 posts, read 17,097,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I didn't realize we were given a chance to vote.
You'll be given a chance to, when Tim Lee is up for reelection.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:26 PM

1,210 posts, read 951,036 times
And if you're not sure what I mean by history being any indication, look no further than Gwinnett...

Gwinnett on hook for struggling ballpark | www.myajc.com

Old 05-03-2016, 02:42 PM

11,319 posts, read 22,274,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
You'll be given a chance to, when Tim Lee is up for reelection.
Believe me, I'm looking forward to that day for a number of reasons.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:57 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,495,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
I wonder if relegation would help our professional sports teams avoid these kinds of shenanigans. I think they could implement it in the NBA soon if they wanted, but other leagues might take some work.
The NBA probably will implement that at some point soon. From what I understand the new NBA commissioner isn't happy at all with what teams like the 76ers are doing. I doubt the NFL cares much as they will make money hand over fist regardless. The MLB is usually pretty slow to change anything and they probably wouldn't lift a finger to implement it. Even if they did it won't matter one bit for us. Our franchise is already in the toilet. Too little way too late. The day Liberty Media sells this team will be the day that I start getting optimistic about the future. Until then I'm still rooting for my love able losers but I'm not expecting much. Sad thing is that by the time that happens we will have endured a long time if crappy baseball. Anyone who thinks this squad will magically turn around and be competitive again when the new stadium opens is drinking way too much Kool Aid. This team is a disaster from top to bottom and it will take years to fix.

We went from an elite franchise to Cleveland Browns status in less than 10 years. We are literally a punchline now.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:46 PM

5,153 posts, read 4,192,393 times
Not that this is likely to happen, but if Cobb County ever defaults because of this--which would be hilariously ironic--then Fulton should absorb them and not allow Milton to split off.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:47 PM

5,250 posts, read 3,700,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Not that this is likely to happen, but if Cobb County ever defaults because of this--which would be hilariously ironic--then Fulton should absorb them and not allow Milton to split off.
Nah, they'll just cut services somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or