Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 09:11 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times

Advertisements

Terrible organization. Starts from the top.

Braves need new ownership and culture!

Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Braves GM banned from MLB for life, special assistant banned for 1 year, 13 Braves players released from contracts, & significant restrictions on Braves signing international players in the coming years due to rule violations:

Former Braves GM John Coppolella Banned for Life from MLB for Rule Violation | Bleacher Report

Garbage team, garbage organization, garbage ownership, garbage all the way around. This team is a joke. Coppy went from "the Braves will be competitive by '18" to being on a list with the likes of Shoeless Joe Jackson, Marge Schott and Pete Rose in less than 3 years. What a clown. And people were actually drinking this guys Kool Aid at one point and time. I saw thru this @ hole the minute they brought him on, but it's obvious to everyone now that he never had a clue wtf he was doing, sad thing is he ruined our team for the near future in the process. Hearing about this messed up my day, but I think Coppy is getting way too much attention in all this, our entire MO in free agency has been to accumulate the cash to go sign international players and now we can't even sign those international players, on top of losing domestic draft pics as well. Not to mention Coppy just put the Braves FO on every GM's crap list, good luck to the new guy on negotiating trades. Been saying it for years on here and in real life I will continue to say it--this team is garbage and will be be garbage for a minute, I have ZERO faith in the front office and ownership of this team, and anyone who does needs to pass me whatever it is their smoking.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:54 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Guess he was never a true Braves fan:

Leadoff: What Ted Turner says now about Braves' move to Cobb

Quote:
Regarding the latter, the CNN founder and former Braves owner made it clear how he feels.

Here’s that portion of the interview, which is consistent with Turner’s previous statements that he wouldn’t have moved the Braves to Cobb if he still owned the team:

SBJ: “… Have you been to SunTrust Park?”

Turner: “No.”

SBJ: “Do you have plans to go soon?”

Turner: “No.”

SBJ: “What do you think of the team moving from downtown to Cobb County?”

Turner: “To me, they’ll always be the Atlanta Braves, not the Marietta Braves.”

SBJ: “Do you watch the team now?”

Turner: “A little bit, on TV, but not much. But we were really successful with the Braves. We drew well, and we set a record for the most consecutive division championships. They moved to Marietta strictly because they could get money (for the ballpark).”

Old 12-02-2017, 01:10 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,315,298 times
LOL, of course it's all about money, just as his sale of the team was all about money. If he doesn't like what happened to the team, maybe he should start by examining his own actions.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:38 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
He's right.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:00 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evannole View Post
LOL, of course it's all about money, just as his sale of the team was all about money. If he doesn't like what happened to the team, maybe he should start by examining his own actions.
Ted didn't seem to mind when the City of Atlanta provided his team with a taxpayer funded stadium, or when ACOG provided a new one (and even named it after him). He also didn't complain too much when media conglomerate AOL Time Warner took over the team and then resold it to another media conglomerate.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:35 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
He also didn't complain too much when media conglomerate AOL Time Warner took over the team and then resold it to another media conglomerate.
Read his autobiography "Call Me Ted", you can tell he is not happy about losing control of it.

But in addition to that, it is also a really good read.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:00 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
SunTrust Park boosting revenue for Braves, parent company | Cobb Business Journal | mdjonline.com

Not posting this as a positive or negative thing, just sort of an interesting tidbit. I'm frustrated as can be with Liberty Media, and the whole ownership and parent organization, all the way down to the team management itself.

I feel bad for the players, and the fans. Liberty is clearly all about their own immediate interests, not in winning the pennant.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:38 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
SunTrust Park boosting revenue for Braves, parent company | Cobb Business Journal | mdjonline.com

Not posting this as a positive or negative thing, just sort of an interesting tidbit. I'm frustrated as can be with Liberty Media, and the whole ownership and parent organization, all the way down to the team management itself.

I feel bad for the players, and the fans. Liberty is clearly all about their own immediate interests, not in winning the pennant.
They see the team as a real estate endeavor and not a sports team.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:17 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
They see the team as a real estate endeavor and not a sports team.
That what happens with corporate ownership of sports teams. Same thing happened in Brooklyn with the Barclays Center, but the recession killed the residential/commercial part of that deal so just the arena was built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta