Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 11:01 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,355,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I personally detest Atlanta. Unrelenting traffic for nowhere near the draw that Los Angeles is. Cost of living and for rent through the roof, but only in the places you'd actually want to live. If living in Carroll County is your idea of Atlanta, then yeah, homes are cheap. Of course, then you are basically in my lovely state, Alabammy....Take a pass on it, and stay in California.
Then I guess we're even. Because I detest Los Angeles, except for some of the northern areas.

Cost of living in most of Atlanta is perfectly affordable, unless you want to live in the north half inside the perimeter, or directly in Midtown.

At least they are offering refunds. My wife signed up for a race last year. They canceled the race and said "Sorry, no refunds, but you can join us in Florida or Missouri". So essentially, they just stole the money and moved on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 11:39 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I went, or tried to- man it was a total, complete disaster. Almost felt like a scam, huge waste of money. We stood in line for hours just to get one small quesadilla, and it wasn't that good.Rain and mud made it even worse. Just a total disaster.

Luckily, after that we Uber'd into Midtown and had a nice evening, and were able to at least get a laugh about it. Ironically we ate dinner at Escorpion and the food was way better than the stupid taco fest we spent all day waiting for.

If they have this next year, they should get rid of the armband system which was just slowing things up. Just use cash. Also they should have made admission free, and just have every food truck charge normal price. The lines just to get into the park were ridiculous.

Also they need about 10 times more food trucks. Only had a few. It was a total joke.
Sounds familiar

Nightmare at TomorrowWorld: Guests stranded overnight with no shelter

Old 05-05-2016, 04:25 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
I went to Atlanta Taco Festival with the anticipation of running into some people. Some people on facebook said they would be there. They never showed. The lines were long everywhere. There were people who stood in line for an hour for beer. It was messy everywhere because of the rain. Mud all over. What I never got was why alot of people weren't more disturbed about the chaos. I couldn't even tell where some of the lines started.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:24 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Anyone go to this disaster? It seems these types of events are always oversold and crowded; eg: BeltLine Beer Crawl, Lobster Fest, Atlanta Food Truck Fest.
I will say the comments on the Facebook page and event where awesome, but now the pages have been deleted.
Atlanta Taco Festival gets angry reaction from many attendees - Decaturish
yea heard it was a giant vacuum cleaner with rainbow colors bad. They may need a better location.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Wait, the $40 did include some money loaded onto the wristband.
you got pimped man I guess everything ITP ain't all peaches and cream?

Old 05-05-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
I made a decision years ago never attend another event that involves a ton of people, standing for long periods of time, hot weather, and expensive food.
top man. Some of these fests and gatherings are whack. It's good to get out and such, but I can't remember the last I enjoyed here in a while. Maybe Carnival 2014 in downtown.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sualpine View Post
When you have a city with no culture, and you have to manufacture festivals as a commercial product, what else did you expect?
maybe you have a point. What is Atlanta culture? And why all these fake festivals?

Old 05-06-2016, 07:42 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Were the tacos good?

Old 05-06-2016, 08:52 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Were the tacos good?
The food was good. It just wasn't worth the long waits and struggle. Muddy everywhere, disorganized.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:57 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
you got pimped man I guess everything ITP ain't all peaches and cream?
Bro, first I am not dumb enough to pay $40 to go to this event, when I can just walk to elmyriachi. Second, yes intown is peaches and cream with whip cream on top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta