U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:37 PM

340 posts, read 1,437,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Big up New York! Brooklyn is blowing up like crazy now.. a new W hotel is on its way. Man, to think I could have bought a brownstone in Ft. Greene for $300K 6 years ago... now they are at 2M+.
WOW. Real estate booming! I wish I had a crystal ball. I could have retired if I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 01:41 PM

31 posts, read 152,484 times
I got two job offers in Atlanta yesterday and I wasn't even looking for a job. Atlanta has one of the strongest job markets in the country and if you can't find one there then you'll have plenty of trouble elsewhere I assure you.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:06 PM

2,642 posts, read 7,370,612 times
I want to know what jobs out there give offers without going through rounds of interviews...that's unheard of in my field....

Old 02-14-2008, 02:18 PM

39 posts, read 134,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
I want to know what jobs out there give offers without going through rounds of interviews...that's unheard of in my field....

It depends on your field of work and who you know in the industry. My husband has firms call him up out of the blue and offer him a job. All because they just hired or talked to someone my husband used to work for or worked on a project with. He's a Civil Engineer.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:21 PM

That's really odd. I work in a field where there are not a lot of people like me - statisticians. I think the only people in my field who get jobs without at least one round of interviews are those with 20 years experience where EVERYONE in the area knows who they are in that industry.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM

I mean, I get calls from companies all the time requesting the first round of interviews, the phone screening. Most times, if I am interested in the job, I can get to the final round. But I've never been offered a job where there wasn't at least 2 rounds.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:29 PM

351 posts, read 1,295,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNYCtoGA View Post
Maybe I should change my Last Name on my resume to Kovacs and see where that takes me. I was born and raised in NYC....I went from the rough streets of the South Bronx to the golden gates of the Ivy. As they say, "If you make it in NYC, you can make it anywhere"...I'll contact Mayor Bloomberg about placing a footnote on phrase.

In the words of my fiancee: "When you go from dealing with multi-million dollar accounts, have CEOs as your references, and a proven track record of bringing in multi-million dollar clients for my old Wall Street-based company...To not even an interview in a months time, the word DESOLATE streams through my mind at all times...I went as far as to set up a Monster account in NY and within a hours time, I had 5 offers...So my cocky, I'll-get-the-job-done-no-matter-what attitude has not even been put to the test here in Atlanta...Had I not moved from TN to NY and made a great living in the hardest city in the world, maybe I would be inclined to take a job for less pay and twice the work...I would assume you don't have a six-figure job seeing as how you have time to moderate a forum..I assume you dont deal in multi million dollar dealings.
What do you do Bob? Please tell me you have employment thats even worth talking about.?.
You are having a laugh mate. My company has over 10 sales vacancies alone right now in Atlanta paying 125k base and we can't get decent qualified applicants. I cannot believe anyone with an ivy league education uses Monster, all you need do is tap into the allumni here in Atlanta.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:55 PM

894 posts, read 3,967,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrabbit View Post
My company has over 10 sales vacancies alone right now in Atlanta paying 125k base and we can't get decent qualified applicants.
What industry? My husband is in sales and has been with his company forever and is very qualified and underpaid.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:04 PM

1,516 posts, read 6,151,821 times
Try this one:
If you don't get what you want, change your tactic.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:20 PM

849 posts, read 3,204,340 times
Wink you and me both

only I coulda gotten in in the 70's

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Big up New York! Brooklyn is blowing up like crazy now.. a new W hotel is on its way. Man, to think I could have bought a brownstone in Ft. Greene for $300K 6 years ago... now they are at 2M+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or