Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 02:24 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,871,842 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of things happening in Southeast Atlanta all of these things below are within a mile of my house in North Ormewood Park that I have been meaning to provide updates on:

Glenwood Place / 800 Glenwood
Overview: 216 apartments & 142k sf of retail including Kroger, Chick-fil-a, Starbucks, Waffle house
Status: Nearing completion, openings supposedly starting in the next month

842 Berne Street
Overview: 220 Apartments
Status: Permitting. Just received approval from the NPU / neighborhood.

Glencastle / Atlanta Stockade
Overview: 236 apartments / condos, 23 townhomes, 102k sf office, 25k sf commercial / restaurant
Status: Permitting. Just received approval from the NPU / neighborhood.

905 Memorial / "Leggett & Platt site"
Overview: ~700 residential units, Sprouts Farmers Market, 8 screen Cinebistro, 60k sf office, 40k sf additional retail
Status: Planning. Initial site plans look like they will be complying with the main neighborhood request of restoring the street grid. Completing "development of regional impact" requirements.

Alexan EAV
Overview: 120 apartments
Status: All but complete. TVs are on in the lobby. I assume move-ins will start any day.

Atlanta Dairies
Overview: "An indoor music venue, bowling alley, small retailers, a bar and a 24-hour diner would be part of the mix, too, with office space and 300 apartments"
Status: Under Construction. Appears site preparation / "cleaning out" the historic structures is about complete.

841 Memorial
Overview: 80 apartments

930 Mauldin St
Overview: 143 apartments
Overview: Planning. RCIL has concerns about height setting a precedent.

Beltline Extension
Overview: Connecting Eastside trail down to Kirkwood Ave then Memorial.

Beltline Bill Kennedy Way Bridge
Overview: Getting the Beltline across I-20
Status: Planning. Initial designs to discussed with neighbors next week.

Beltline Southside Trail
Overview: Connecting Beltline from Glenwood Ave to Westside Trail (Adair Park)
Status: Acquiring ROW from CSX. Design to start later this year.

More may be in the pipeline too.

This does not include some larger projects in the area that are further away from me such as Turner Field and other activity further down Memorial Drive. Nor does it include the many smaller projects going on (for example, of the 8 homes immediately next to me, 4 are in process of some major renovation / or being entirely rebuilt).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 09:13 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,236,790 times
Memorial Dr is on fire!

Did you see the same folks that handle Krog and Atl Daries bought the old vacant shopping center where club ESSO used to be?
Krog Street Market Developer Buys Massive Piece of Memorial Drive - Curbed Atlanta

Old 05-03-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Memorial Dr is on fire!
Thank you! I was waiting for someone to say that. I almost made it my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Did you see the same folks that handle Krog and Atl Daries bought the old vacant shopping center where club ESSO used to be?
Krog Street Market Developer Buys Massive Piece of Memorial Drive - Curbed Atlanta
Yep! I just kept the list to projects within a mile of me otherwise I would have been going on all day.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:10 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,724,433 times
Pellerin Real Estate is also exploding in Grant Park. I'm really excited about all of the developments throughout the area, but for selfish reasons, especially excited about the growing retail/restaurant/amenity offerings in south Grant Park.

The Beacon Atlanta | Pellerin Real Estate

The beacon is a huge development, comparable to Krog Market but 4x the size. Also offering more neighborhood services, which I think is great. Grocery, daycare, gym, offices, restaurants, retail, art space, live music, etc. I think they said Summer 2017, although that is probably optimistic.

328 Ormond Street | Pellerin Real Estate

Small development on Ormond and Grant St., right now has a yoga studio, hair salon, and a Mediterranean Restaurant that should be opening fairly soon.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:22 PM

905 Memorial elevations and a lot of other details: http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...ckage+v9.1.pdf

Old 05-04-2016, 10:06 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,258,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
905 Memorial elevations and a lot of other details: http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...ckage+v9.1.pdf
Wow, nice. A tad too much surface parking, maybe. But not bad.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:06 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,724,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Wow, nice. A tad too much surface parking, maybe. But not bad.
I agree, especially for that area. Since it includes multiple parking decks, I'm not sure why all the surface parking is needed. I was hoping it would be a bit more like Atlantic Station, with all of the parking hidden. It looks like it's going to be a little too much like the Edgewood Plaza for my liking. That said, the services going in there, especially the movie theatre, are needed for this area. I just wish it was more like Glenwood Park or Atlantic Station.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:43 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Is it just me, or do the 3D renderings on the first page not jive with their maps? In the map they show apartments wrapped around a deck in the SW corner. The rendering looks much different. Is fuqua going to be chipping in to build out the Beltline which they are so actively marketing access to in this stretch?

Old 05-05-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
Is it just me, or do the 3D renderings on the first page not jive with their maps? In the map they show apartments wrapped around a deck in the SW corner. The rendering looks much different. Is fuqua going to be chipping in to build out the Beltline which they are so actively marketing access to in this stretch?
I noticed that too. I think they are still working out the plans.

And yes, Fuqua has committed to building the Beltline along the edge of this property.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:02 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
These might not count as "development", but Memorial is also getting a Grindhouse Burgers in the empty Bar One spot, and Brother Moto motorcycle co-op is taking over the building across the street (I hate motorcycle noise, so I'm not too excited about that, but I suppose it's better than an empty building). Cube Gallery is in the middle of an expansion and will reopen soon as a gallery and cafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta