Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 12:08 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,679,870 times

Advertisements

I carry my gun anywhere I want, regardless of the law, to protect my family. My reasoning is the criminals don't follow the law, why should I? I'll suffer the consequences but from what I can tell, they're not very severe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 12:14 PM

341 posts, read 265,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
I carry my gun anywhere I want, regardless of the law, to protect my family. My reasoning is the criminals don't follow the law, why should I? I'll suffer the consequences but from what I can tell, they're not very severe.
Two wrong doesnt make it right,and if you are worried about criminals then contact your local police department to increase police presense.I agree you have to protect your family but walking with a gun like a mad man smells like trouble..

Old 05-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
Two wrong doesnt make it right,and if you are worried about criminals then contact your local police department to increase police presense.I agree you have to protect your family but walking with a gun like a mad man smells like trouble..
I don't walk around like a mad man with a gun. I walk around normal with my CCL and a concealed weapon that doesn't threaten you or the public at large. You can't see it. Just b/c a law says it's wrong, doesn't mean it is. It's common sense. After multiple break ins and then being car jacked, the police presence wasn't really working. I'd rather have preventative health care than reactionary health care.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:25 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Quote:
Not the issue if you aren't walking around a college campus.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:27 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
I don't walk around like a mad man with a gun. I walk around normal with my CCL and a concealed weapon that doesn't threaten you or the public at large. You can't see it. Just b/c a law says it's wrong, doesn't mean it is. It's common sense. After multiple break ins and then being car jacked, the police presence wasn't really working. I'd rather have preventative health care than reactionary health care.
Wow. Where do you live?

Old 05-04-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Wow. Where do you live?
That all happened when I lived downtown and went to Tech

Old 05-04-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Not the issue if you aren't walking around a college campus.
Unless you're one of the dozen Tech/State students that have been robbed and shot in the last 5 years.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:32 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
That all happened when I lived downtown and went to Tech
OK. That would get me in a defensive state of mind, also, I'm sure. My college years were spent in a smallish (50,000) and somewhat isolated college town with very little crime.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:35 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
So basically, you're an admitted criminal, who doesn't see the point in people abiding by the law. That along with your pent up anger, bone to pick, and itchy trigger finger. And delusional sense of danger, because, you know, a handful of people out of thousands got robbed, in the span 5 years.

Wow, sounds like you yourself are the very thug you're out gunning for. That's just, ironic.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:37 PM

341 posts, read 265,798 times
Quote:
And whether its wrong is more of a moral issue but the law is the law whether you like it or not.EVERYONE should obey the law and ANYONE who breaks the law because they believe its wrong they should still be punished by the law no excuses.And where do you live?Do you live in a high crime area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta