U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 10:52 AM

4,013 posts, read 2,310,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
There's nothing at Armor Yard, but if its closer to Cheshire Bridge, there is a lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/m.../data=!3m1!1e3

Looking at this map Armor Yards and Murphy Crossing arent needed.

I guess Armor Yards might be needed for the businesses in that immediate area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 10:55 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,162,984 times
Overall, this is great. It will really help transit access within the city. Something I'm disappointed about - there is no mention of the Capitol Ave/Zoo Atlanta streetcar line. Really wish that was in here. I also don't know how they chose the route for the Grant Park/Boulevard Heights circulator bus. I'd have through it would make more sense to also add Cherokee to the circulator, since there is no transit that goes straight up Cherokee to the King Memorial Station. I think that should be added, personally.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:56 AM

22,235 posts, read 16,266,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
There's nothing at Armor Yard, but if its closer to Cheshire Bridge, there is a lot.
More for a transfer point to CC corridor and BeltLine transit. It could serve the industrial area of Armour Dr and maybe a pedestrian bridge to Brookwood Hills.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
More for a transfer point to CC corridor and BeltLine transit. It could serve the industrial area of Armour Dr and maybe a pedestrian bridge to Brookwood Hills.
It seems like all the new infill stations are connected to the Beltline transit except for the Mechanicsville station I understand their thinking now

Old 05-12-2016, 11:05 AM

@cqholt

What do you think about this list? Which projects should they keep?

Old 05-12-2016, 11:09 AM

22,235 posts, read 16,266,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
@cqholt

What do you think about this list? Which projects should they keep?
Mechanicsville, Boone, and Murphy's crossing infill stations, all BRT and ART lines, BeltLine LRT/Streetcars and station maintenance. Until DeKalb passes their sales tax increase the CC and I-20 should have the studies advanced to qualify for federal funding. Unless the I-20 West extension is going to FIB, it is pointless.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:22 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,352,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Mechanicsville, Boone, and Murphy's crossing infill stations, all BRT and ART lines, BeltLine LRT/Streetcars and station maintenance. Until DeKalb passes their sales tax increase the CC and I-20 should have the studies advanced to qualify for federal funding. Unless the I-20 West extension is going to FIB, it is pointless.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:28 AM

5,960 posts, read 2,945,748 times
Wow, wow, wow! This would all be so awesome!

-Speaking as a Vinings resident just outside city limits, a presumably park&ride "transit center" at Marietta Blvd @ Bolton/Moore's Mill, coupled with "frequent local bus service" would be amazing. Finally, some kind of decent transit in the northwest direction. Very much hope that happens.

-"Station rehabilitation" at Bankhead Station would be great, which I presume would mean platform lengthening so that Green Line can run full length trains, and perhaps adding park&ride to it, connecting it with the future Westside Reservoir Park, and probably renaming the station.

-Infills at Mechanicsville and Boone are a no-brainer, those look easy and should definitely happen, and be tied in with new TOD, ideally. And an Armour Station would be awesome as the connection to the Beltline transit from Red/Gold, and as finally a station in that huge gap between Arts Center and Lindbergh. The Adair Park Station at the south Beltline would be good, but I'd call that a 4th place. And the Blue Line extension west to a new station at I-285 would be great.

-Something BRT-ish on Peachtree, especially thru Buckhead, would be AWESOME. Perfect.

-Totally agree with what GeorgiaPeanuts said, they should looking into using buses that look like light rail vehicles, for these ART and BRT lines. Great idea.

-Only things I would add to the dream list inside the city limits, would be a Krog St infill, and a Hunter Hills infill on the Blue Line @ Chappell Rd. But that's about it that I can see.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:29 AM

994 posts, read 521,641 times
How long would it take to get any of this off the ground?

Old 05-12-2016, 11:35 AM

994 posts, read 521,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

-Speaking as a Vinings resident just outside city limits, a presumably park&ride "transit center" at Marietta Blvd @ Bolton/Moore's Mill, coupled with "frequent local bus service" would be amazing. Finally, some kind of decent transit in the northwest direction. Very much hope that happens.
Should be closer to I75 and the river as possible, perhaps BRT up Northside for the biggest impact on this corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or