Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:37 AM
ABM ABM started this thread

339 posts, read 992,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
No problem - hey, and I just remembered that across from my old development (Providence) in Mableton there is a lady who opened a place with coffee and ice cream, called Lillian's. You probably already know about it, and I doubt she would be totally open to sharing insights to a potential competitor, but it wouldn't hurt to ask how she's doing....
Thanks for that info. Hadn't heard of Lillian's. I'll be sure to check it out.

One of the areas I'm targeting is the West side of Floyd Rd. near the Mablehouse Amphitheater. BTW, Floyd services roughly 60,000 vehicle per day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
Thanks for that info. Hadn't heard of Lillian's. I'll be sure to check it out.

One of the areas I'm targeting is the West side of Floyd Rd. near the Mablehouse Amphitheater. BTW, Floyd services roughly 60,000 vehicle per day.
Looking to go to Lillian's this Saturday evening as there will be a jazz band playing there.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 PM

167 posts, read 769,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
Great idea, Georgia. And while we're throwing out what else Atlanta could use, I'll toss in a few:
Good Bagels (please, don't write that Einstein's is here...)
Deli
Diners for sure (aka authentic NYC coffee shops)
Hey, I love my 'Scattered, Smothered and Covered' but it's time we get on the map with decent deli, bagels and diners!
Sweettea, I don't know where you live, but there is an excellent, locally owned deli in Lawrenceville. The owner and manager is from Queens, NY and I tell ya, the food is DELICIOUS. The name of the deli is Cade's Deli off Highway 120.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:08 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,738,607 times
I live in Smyrna but after a tip like that, I'll drive to L-ville! Thanks!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 PM

297 posts, read 1,538,457 times
I am not much of a coffee drinker so I will not add any comments on that part of your business. However, I LOVE ice cream. Anyway, you mentioned that it will be drive-thru only. Do you anticipate having any place for customers to sit (even if it is outside)? Personally I do not think that ice cream is very conducive to taking it with you (i.e. having to have it served at a drive-thru). Just my two cents.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 PM

297 posts, read 1,538,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj73 View Post
Sweettea, I don't know where you live, but there is an excellent, locally owned deli in Lawrenceville. The owner and manager is from Queens, NY and I tell ya, the food is DELICIOUS. The name of the deli is Cade's Deli off Highway 120.
Since this also peaked my interest, I thought I would post two useful links.

Cade's Deli | AccessAtlanta (http://www.accessatlanta.com/hp/content/restaurants/neighborhoods/stories/2007/06/14/0615cadesdeli.html - broken link)
Cade's Deli Menu - LAWRENCEVILLE, GA, 30043 - Ratings, Reviews,

Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
I am not much of a coffee drinker so I will not add any comments on that part of your business. However, I LOVE ice cream. Anyway, you mentioned that it will be drive-thru only. Do you anticipate having any place for customers to sit (even if it is outside)?...
Actually, yes, I plan to have a few tables/umbrellas and benches so that folks can sit on the premises (think smaller Bruster's, I suppose). Not to mention, the parcel I've targeted is relatively adjacent to the Mablehouse Amphitheater, so I'm looking at marketing some in that direction. I could envision folks dropping by before, during, and after concerts.

Thanks for asking!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:41 PM

BTW, I'll be going to the Dessert Expo in Atlanta coming up in April.

Gotta have goodies.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
Great idea, Georgia. And while we're throwing out what else Atlanta could use, I'll toss in a few:
Good Bagels (please, don't write that Einstein's is here...)
Deli
Diners for sure (aka authentic NYC coffee shops)
Hey, I love my 'Scattered, Smothered and Covered' but it's time we get on the map with decent deli, bagels and diners!
Sorry to go off topic here, but I moved South once for a year and 2 days after my move to my new Southern city, I realized that I couldn't find any diners MAJOR panic over came me! lol! I assumed diners were everywhere.

To the OP, Anyway, Atlanta is a huge market and if you open in a good location, I'm sure you'll do fine with an indie coffee/icecream/pastry shop. People go to Starbuck's mainly because there isn't another option. Atlanta is large enough to pull this off! Good

Old 02-23-2008, 10:07 PM

352 posts, read 1,425,158 times
Check out SIP above Linbergh Marta in the new development there. It is way better than Starbucks and co and has a unique (for Atlanta) vibe. I think it will do very well:

SIP The Experience

SIP The Experience Atlanta, Buckhead | Yelp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta