U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 09:02 AM

53 posts, read 51,115 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
This forum was a great help when I decided to move from the east coast to Atlanta 9 months ago. All is well and I settled in North Druid Hills by Toco Hills. I love the area and it was a great choice. I am now in the search to buy a home.
I am in my early 30s and I basically do everything in Buckhead, Midtown and Edgewood Area for fun. I also work in Brookhaven.

Desires
around 300k budget
3br +2 bath
Safe
diverse area (A decent mix of everyone)
Single Family Home + Garage
Inside the Perimeter and close to things.
Decent School system (at least for elementary school)
Can be rented out later on (maybe in 5 to 7 years) and turned into investment

My situation now is that I found a house in 30033. Off Lawrenceville HWY and like 1.5 miles or less from North Dekalb Mall. Also very close to 285. Crime report looks good and house looks good and fits the budget.

What do you guys think of this area? The market has been tough so I havent found any decent single family closer to buckhead or North Druid hills area. Seems like for every house, they are 10 people ready to buy it within a few days. If I do find a house, it is a one level ranch and I am not too excited about that. Do you think this part of 30033 and the area is a good buy for living right now and future investment? If not, please suggest other areas that are within the perimeter or outside it but close enough. Thank you guys again.

Last edited by Illini2Terp; 07-15-2016 at 09:21 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 09:04 AM

31,675 posts, read 33,647,865 times
That's a great area. We know some folks who live over there and they love it.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:31 PM

16,129 posts, read 27,217,115 times
Is it in the Laurel Ridge Elementary district?

Old 07-15-2016, 02:17 PM

Yes, and I'm told it's a good school.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:46 PM

9,587 posts, read 6,784,028 times
There are some great neighborhoods over there, specifically on the East side of McLendon South of Lawrenceville Hwy. I would definitely live over there.

Good luck!

Old 07-15-2016, 10:47 PM

16,129 posts, read 27,217,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Yes, and I'm told it's a good school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
There are some great neighborhoods over there, specifically on the East side of McLendon South of Lawrenceville Hwy. I would definitely live over there.

Good luck!
Yes--Laurel Ridge is a good school.

And yes--so many great neighborhoods over there, jmatl! And I love the area along McLendon south of L-ville Hwy as well. A well-kept secret nestled around McLendon Elementary School.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:05 PM

Thank you for the answers. Yes the elementary school is Laurel Ridge Elementary School and the middle and high schools are Druid hills. I will move forward with the home. Everything seems good. Thank you again.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:28 PM

4,248 posts, read 2,953,439 times
I know people in the area and it's a winner. In fact I had a friend last year who kept trying to buy a house over there and every time she set out to go to look her realtor would call and say "sorry, they just accepted an offer."

Old 07-16-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
I know people in the area and it's a winner. In fact I had a friend last year who kept trying to buy a house over there and every time she set out to go to look her realtor would call and say "sorry, they just accepted an offer."

That was the story of our search until we found this house. We just lost one with a two car garage but under contract with one that has a one car garage. Its not the biggest home, but it is in the city and checks most of the boxes. The market in the perimeter is tough right now. Moved here thinking things would be cheap but the city is still quite expensive.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Yeah, that area is on fire. We stopped by an open house back in June and there were probably 6 or 8 couples looking at the place. The realtor said they had a contract within the first 30 minutes but they were going to keep accepting offers until 4 pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta