U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:08 PM

7,844 posts, read 14,518,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calivisitor View Post
I've read that if i am to plead guilty and pay the fine, will they automatically reduce the speed 3-5 miles? I ask cause this will drop my miles to only being 12-14 miles over the 55 limit since at 72 i'm at 17 miles over. I'd MUCH rather save myself $500 if it's something I can pay the fine and still not have it affect my insurance premiums.
First, there is no automatic reduction. You have to bargain with the prosecutor to reduce the charge, and that will depend on your record and their willingness to get you out of the system in return for a guilty plea and fine.

Second, tickets for less than 15mph over don't have points in GA, but that doesn't mean that CA or your insurance won't penalize you there. Tickets get reported nationally and will show up out of state.

Driver License Compact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.californiaduihelp.com/docs/CompactDLC.pdf

Old 01-14-2009, 06:07 AM

2 posts, read 36,509 times
I'm not going to feed into your harsh comments. Yes, I could have killed someone but I don't think that that would have been possible given there was no one on the road at that time on Christmas eve during the day. Light and bright. I would not be as mean as you all have been and I hope that your comment has made you feel good, high and mighty. But know that I wouldn't treat you like that.
Thank you Sweet Atlanta Peach. We have our kindness in common. I sought out an answer and thought that the community could be informative. I didn't ask how I could get out of the ticket. I simply asked what to expect. Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day everyone.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,922,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Atlanta Peach View Post
I will play devil's advocate here; I am going to give you a break. Some people on here are really funny casting the first stone as if they have never "sinned". Even though it seems extreme, I am sure at once in our lifetime (rather the excuse was good or not) we have gone 25-30 over and NOT GOT CAUGHT. Sure you should've drivin' more carefully, but, others on here who are being this harsh are being unrealistic.

There are two types of people in the world; the CAUGHT and the UNCAUGHT.

You should probably expect a hefty ticket fine or more. Just call the number on your ticket to get your verdict to kill the suspense. Sometimes people on here can be overly opinionated, and unless you have experienced the same thing and can offer helpful advice, I would suggest keeping the harsh comments to one's self, no matter how bad the situation may be.
I agree because most ppl on the Interstate are going between 70-80 anyway the highest speed limit Ive seen here is 65 almost everyone os speeding...the person passing you is going at least 85. Thats just from what Ive seen.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:03 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,922,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
Our state issues speeding tickets?? How are you people getting caught?
Exactly my thought....must be on a side street and not 75 85 285 or 400. LOL

Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 19,160 times
I got a ticket doing 76 in a 55 on S Fulton Pkwy/Cochran Mill Rd. The ticket is for $251. I have a great driving record but unsure if the tcket will transfer to Illinois and raise my insurance? Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 05-18-2009, 04:33 PM

3 posts, read 44,100 times
I was travelling through GA, Cook County & I-75 through a construction zone. I drove the speed limit of 50 (no workers present) and needed a restroom desperately. I saw the hopeful exit at mile marker 41 and sped up. Immediately, I was laser clocked at 76 in a 50. The officer gave me a break and did not charged me for the construction zone. He also cited me for dark window tint (.01). I explained I bought the truck with this tint in 2005 and have never been pulled over and cited for this and I have traveled through many states. Does anyone have any idea of the costs for the speeding and window tint violations?

Old 05-19-2009, 04:22 AM

1,352 posts, read 3,770,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDuckbill View Post
I was travelling through GA, Cook County & I-75 through a construction zone. I drove the speed limit of 50 (no workers present) and needed a restroom desperately. I saw the hopeful exit at mile marker 41 and sped up. Immediately, I was laser clocked at 76 in a 50. The officer gave me a break and did not charged me for the construction zone. He also cited me for dark window tint (.01). I explained I bought the truck with this tint in 2005 and have never been pulled over and cited for this and I have traveled through many states. Does anyone have any idea of the costs for the speeding and window tint violations?

He didnt give you a break! You cannot be charged with a contruction zone surcharge if the zone isnt active (workers present). Its state law! since he got you for tint it looks like he nailed you nicely for everything he could think of. GSP right?

Speeding... 26 over... hmm 300+ 200$ surcharge courtesy of perdue's new "speeder" law.

tint... could be a fix it ticket. vehicle equipment violation so it should be 50$ or so.

~550$ total id say

Old 05-19-2009, 05:41 AM

325 posts, read 853,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
i got one doing a 51 in a 25 mph zone, and another doing 81 in a 65 zone on the interstate. anyone know what my verdict will be?
Heavy fines in excess of 300$ per ticket and a possible 6 month suspension...Georgia is tough as hell on speeding....

Old 05-19-2009, 08:36 AM

3 posts, read 44,100 times
The speeding ticket cost for 76 in a 50 zone is $211.00 and the Window Tint charge is $120.00 which can be paid by Money order or Cashier's Check. Was advised I can take a Driver Improvement Course to alleviate the points and to mail the certification of course completed with payment. The fine will remain the same. I am not happy for the $331.00 total yet I am happy it is not over $500.00.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:47 PM

1,352 posts, read 3,770,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDuckbill View Post
The speeding ticket cost for 76 in a 50 zone is $211.00 and the Window Tint charge is $120.00 which can be paid by Money order or Cashier's Check. Was advised I can take a Driver Improvement Course to alleviate the points and to mail the certification of course completed with payment. The fine will remain the same. I am not happy for the $331.00 total yet I am happy it is not over $500.00.
so i was correct on the total. i wonder why they didnt slap the 200 on top.

211 is way too cheap. are you sure they actually charged you for 26 over? often they would do that given you dont actually go and fight it in court. then you show up to fight it and they rack up the original offense.

perhaps the 211 was with the DD course (so they make it a 14 over instead and no points). something to think about. i've a pending court date next month myself (doesn't impact me) so i might go for fun as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta