Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:57 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Midtown, close to Piedmont Park or around that area.
Um, league - you are a male wanting to meet lots of single women, right?

Have you researched Atlanta's various neighborhoods?

Midtown, and specifically in the neighborhoods surrounding the park, has the largest gay population in the Southeast. It's Atlanta's version of West Hollywood or I suppose Chelsea in NYC. While a certain number of young professional couples and singles are starting to move back into the Midtown area, it's still a largely gay in some parts - again, specifically around the Park area.

Now there are tons of women in Midtown. You have women who make money from John's - you have women who love other women - men who later become women via an operating room... take your pick, which type of woman do you want?

(no offense meant to anyone - I just had to prod the fire on this one). LOL

Old 02-20-2008, 12:20 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,911,846 times
The Midtown area has alot of gays but also many available young singles & professionals in the condos and apartments that dot the midtown area alongside North Ave, Peachtree, Spring, Juniper & Piedmont and numbered Streets in between. Their are TONS of excellent bars, clubs, lounges and restaurants which singles in the area and Piedmont Park where you can walk and jog and since your a personal trainer you can meet tons of prospective CLIENTS! This is an area where tons of people flock to 7 days a week! Which makes it that much easier to take somethin home with you after the party or rendevous b4 hand since you plan on being in walking distance .

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 02-20-2008 at 01:23 PM..

Old 02-20-2008, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 13,302 times
Default Shocked

I am shocked, SHOCKED to learn that woman in certain parts of the country are manipulating men to spend money on them! Dude, bring your wallet to Atlanta. And keep it with you for the rest of your life. Seriously, I'm a southerner who spent many years in the northeast and I think I know both types of women. The debutante, "treat me like a lady" thing with southern women is definitely there but it's mostly a "front". Just play the game and get past it. Northern women and probably western woman are more up front which is nice but there's a little bit of Scarlet O'Hara in all southern women which makes them complicated but wonderful! Treat the one's that deserve it like a lady and they will love you endlessly (and I don't mean just in bed). Atlanta is fertile ground. Good hunting!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:57 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,766 times
Oh, and not all young single women are trolling for your wallet. In the more granola crunchy neighborhoods they're trolling for your vote...

Old 02-20-2008, 01:00 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
This is starting to get good..
http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/16.gif (broken link)

Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Midtown, and specifically in the neighborhoods surrounding the park, has the largest gay population in the Southeast. It's Atlanta's version of West Hollywood

While a certain number of young professional couples and singles are starting to move back into the Midtown area, it's still a largely gay in some parts - again, specifically around the Park area.

Now there are tons of women in Midtown. You have women who make money from John's - you have women who love other women - men who later become women via an operating room... take your pick, which type of woman do you want?
Yes, equating Midwest with West Hollywood...that's about right. And why would a young professional couple who might have a kid on the way want to buy in there. Hell, they can just go toward Emory about 3 miles, get the same in-town vibe and live in a nicer and more benign area. *shakes head* Personally, I can't stand Midtown...it's congested, busy, the housing stock is hodge-podge (some of it downright dumpy) and it's a little TOO alternative. It took a while to figure out why ATL was so gay...it's an oasis of liberalism in the South and it has a lot of service jobs. Coming from L.A. and right after graduation, I only thought that people who wanted to "vent" made beelines for SF or NYC.

Yes, agree, I would not think Midtown has the crop of women a normal collegiate transplanted guy would want (and neither would Decatur...LOL). You will see women coming in from elsewhere to party or club and then go back to where they come from (Buckhead, Dunwoody, Vinings). I had to take a rental car back to ATL at a late hour (to get a full 24-hour period) and went to eat at a 24-hour place on Ponce and Moreland...good, greasy, fast, cheap...forgot its name...but what people watching. There were a couple of pretty girls in there, but obviously ones who had come in to go clubbing or women who hang out with gay guys "because they are safe."

Now thinking about ATL, I couldn't imagine another day of 92 degrees with 90 percent humidity anyplace intown in a concrete area (Midtown, Little 5 Points, and on and on) with the heat literally "seen" emanating from the sidewalks.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
I'm a southerner who spent many years in the northeast and I think I know both types of women. The debutante, "treat me like a lady" thing with southern women is definitely there but it's mostly a "front". Just play the game and get past it. Northern women and probably western woman are more up front which is nice but there's a little bit of Scarlet O'Hara in all southern women which makes them complicated but wonderful! Treat the one's that deserve it like a lady and they will love you endlessly
Just curious, as a Southerner on our turf, did you adjust to or get along with Northern or Western women? When I lived in ATL, I guess I didn't play the game very well. They didn't seem to like my jokes or obnoxiousness which is what I am all about. Most of my friends out here like that stuff.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,766 times
Quote:
Now thinking about ATL, I couldn't imagine another day of 92 degrees with 90 percent humidity anyplace intown in a concrete area (Midtown, Little 5 Points, and on and on) with the heat literally "seen" emanating from the sidewalks.
Funny...I always find it's about 10-15 degrees cooler in the city than outside of it because of all the trees. I can work in my yard all day (near L5P) and not be agonized by heat and humidity. But, I go up to Gainsville to pick up some garden decor and I feel like I am roasting in the open, treeless spaces...

Then again, I was born and raised in south Louisiana. You people don't know what humidity is (Floridians, Alabamans, and Mississippians excluded).

Old 02-20-2008, 02:47 PM

4 posts, read 14,273 times
Cool I agree!

Way to break it down!

Old 02-20-2008, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 13,302 times
Default Northern women

Robertpolyglot: Yea, I got along with northern women ok. There's less BS involved and they play fewer head games. After growing up in the south, it was actually paradise to meet women that are more open and to the point. Not to disparage southern women too much but , as a rule, I think they are not as quick-witted as northern women so sometimes they don't appreciate a good joke as much. In my opinion, you have to access where they're coming from and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta