U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:49 PM

323 posts, read 734,288 times

Advertisements

cool, looks like vinings is within the perimeter and close to a potential job. Dunwoody looks cool as well but its outside the perimeter and I heard its best to try to be inside, I could be wrong.

So are most of the bars and lounges located within walking distance of vinings ?? It would be nice to meet a a hot girl and her friends and be able to walk them back to a posh apt. and since the neighborhood is upscale, the area would be relatively safe no??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest
The Midtown area has alot of gays but also many available young singles & professionals in the condos and apartments that dot the midtown area alongside North Ave, Peachtree, Spring, Juniper & Piedmont and numbered Streets in between. Their are TONS of excellent bars, clubs, lounges and restaurants which singles in the area and Piedmont Park where you can walk and jog and since your a personal trainer you can meet tons of prospective CLIENTS!
sounds good !!! so everyone is saying that I will be living amongst alot of gay individuals but at the same time I will be where a majority of straight people (especially women) come to hang out and party ??

Meaning the best opportunities to meet and hook up with women in midtown is during the weekends and Dunwoody and Vinings during the weekdays (since thats where most of the single straight women live) ??

Old 02-21-2008, 05:58 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,451,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
cool, looks like vinings is within the perimeter and close to a potential job. Dunwoody looks cool as well but its outside the perimeter and I heard its best to try to be inside, I could be wrong.

So are most of the bars and lounges located within walking distance of vinings ?? It would be nice to meet a hot girl and her friends and be able to walk them back to a posh apt. and since the neighborhood is upscale, the area would be relatively safe no????
All those areas are safe but they are more residential and not as happening as Midtown. Midtown offers a more diverse/upscale/trendy with major clubs, larger bars and better restaurants all within walking distance as well as several other areas a short cab ride away (VAHI/Little 5Points/Downtown/PonceyHI/Old4thward/InmanPark) and not just regular bars and restaurants like Vinings/Perimter/Dunwoody which offer much smaller and less diverse & have more local flavor than Midtown would have and the surrounding area. Midtown is the epicenter of cool in Atlanta right now and If I was you I would move there!

[/quote]sounds good !!! so everyone is saying that I will be living amongst alot of gay individuals but at the same time I will be where a majority of straight people (especially women) come to hang out and party ??[/quote]

Exactly!

[/quote]Meaning the best opportunities to meet and hook up with women in midtown is during the weekends and Dunwoody and Vinings during the weekdays (since thats where most of the single straight women live) ??[/quote]

There are many straight single women in Midtown and surrounding areas (VAHI/Little 5Points/Downtown/PonceyHI/Old4thward/InmanPark) which are the n'hoods adjacent to Midtown so I would say the single women to men ratio is in your favor 24/7 when you figure in the proximity of Vinings to it's adjacent areas. Midtown and the surrounding areas are happenings every day of the week, for example you have Piedmont Park and The Path Trail which are good areas where people work-out daily and spend time. Dunwoody and Vinings by comparison are much more family orientated and subdued.

Also people go out every day and every night in Midtown and surround areas (VAHI/Little 5Points/Downtown/PonceyHI/Old4thward/InmanPark) whether it's at a trendy restaurant or happening lounge/bar. You won't find that as much in the Vinings.

Also, If Midtown or (VAHI/Little 5Points/Downtown/PonceyHI/Old4thward/InmanPark) is your home you will never have to worry about going to pick a woman up from Outside of The Perimeter! She will always have to meet you at your house or at the destination of your choice in Midtown or Buckhead because it just makes sense . That's been one of my perks of living inside of the perimeter since I moved here So get the drinks started at your place make her feel comfy then onto to the date or wherever the mood leeds you for the night!

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 02-21-2008 at 06:58 AM..

Old 02-21-2008, 06:41 AM

1,861 posts, read 4,554,426 times
Dunwoody has a couple of watering holes (Dunwoody Tavern, The Derby), but the most excitement you will see there is Trivia Night. Fun for many people, but definitely not the swinging singles scene you would get in Midtown or Virginia Highlands.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:49 AM

3 posts, read 10,764 times
horny gals, dirty weaves, ghetto nails, gold tooth, big butts and single moms.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:11 AM

323 posts, read 734,288 times
Quote:
NICE, now how is the ratio of single horny women to straight guys ??
Here in NJ if a girl looks good, she's got her pick from a ton of in-shape, good personality, financially stable guys because theres not to many good looking women for the amount of single dudes here.

In ATL which gender is the one calling the shots??

Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,492,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirt35 View Post
Sounds like you intentionally look for the wrong kinds of women.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,573,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Just curious, as a Southerner on our turf, did you adjust to or get along with Northern or Western women? When I lived in ATL, I guess I didn't play the game very well. They didn't seem to like my jokes or obnoxiousness which is what I am all about. Most of my friends out here like that stuff.
I can answer that for you - no, they don't like that very much. Southern women (well, except the redneck ones) respond to old time charm, chivalry, opening doors for them, etc etc... the first time you cut a political or gay joke or for that matter fart or belch around them and laugh about it - poof, no second date.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:36 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,573,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Here in NJ if a girl looks good, she's got her pick from a ton of in-shape, good personality, financially stable guys because theres not to many good looking women for the amount of single dudes here.

Oh yeah - it's getting better. LOL
http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/1.gif (broken link)

Old 02-21-2008, 12:51 PM

2,642 posts, read 7,236,537 times
If you're waiting for someone to get irate about this:
Quote:
in-shape, good personality, financially stable guys
I think you might be in for a long one. So settle in! http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/1.gif (broken link)

The OP was clear that his intentions are shallow, at best. So, what's there to get upset about? He's just a kid out to sew some wild oats. The "hot" girls he wants are doing the same (though I never understood why hot=attractive since hot is more personality trait).

And, since he's a personal trainer it's obvious he puts a lot of stock in the "in-shape" part of women.

However, my husband the Exercise Physiology professor (shameless cred dropping here) who is also CSCS certified (Hey, League, you SHOULD know what that is), assures me that being in-shape has two main definitions:

CDC: aerobic fitness, endurance, strength, or flexibility

ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine): cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and body composition

Somehow I doubt the girls he's looking for fit ALL 5 of the ACSM's criteria. He only cares about the last one!

I fit ALL BUT the last one!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:53 PM

2,642 posts, read 7,236,537 times
And for some reason, I really enjoyed making all the smiles today...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or