U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:58 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,573,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
If you're waiting for someone to get irate about this: I think you might be in for a long one. So settle in!
Ok, so this is gonna take longer than popcorn. Guess a longer relaxing pizza dinner is in order.

http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/2.gif (broken link)

Oh trust me, I've actually known a personal trainer or two. They usually always seem to go after the Malibu Barbie party types who look like a runway model but couldn't light up a 5 watt energy saver bulb with the brain power. Atlanta is like any other city - he'll find plenty of those, too. Just be ready to shell out some $$ on the dates, 'cause Barbie don't eat pizza. LOL

Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 PM

2,642 posts, read 7,236,537 times
You know, I make a really good homemade pizza.

Crust for 2 medium pizza (enough to stuff the crusts, too):

4 cups bread flour
1.5 cup very warm water
1 TBS salt
2-4 TBS sugar
4 tsp rapid rise yeast.
Olive oil or peanut oil

Toppings of your choice, and string cheese to put in the crust if desired.

Oven 350F.

Mix flour and salt and set aside.
Dissolve sugar in the warm water.
Add yeast.
Allow to sit until yeast bubbles (about an inch of bubbles - takes ~10 min).
Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture.

Using a fork, stir until you can't. Then use your hands to turn the dough until you get it all together and it forms a smooth ball. It should be slightly sticky but not sticking to your fingers rather than the dough ball. Add more flour if you used too much water (and vice versa).

Drizzle with oil of your choice and flip around in the bowl to coat the dough ball.

Cover with handtowel and let rise for 30 minutes.

Divide in two.

Roll one half out onto a pizza stone (way better than anything else to cook pizza).

If you're stuffing the crust roll it out so the dough hangs off the side. You might still have too much dough so trim as necessary to get the desired thickness.

Put string cheese around perimeter of pizza stone and roll dough over, if you're stuffing the crust.

Add the sauces and toppings of your choice.

Cook for 20+ minutes. Start watching it at 20 minutes. It will most likely take closer to 30.

Enjoy!

Old 02-21-2008, 01:41 PM

39 posts, read 132,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
You know, I make a really good homemade pizza.

Crust for 2 medium pizza (enough to stuff the crusts, too):

4 cups bread flour
1.5 cup very warm water
1 TBS salt
2-4 TBS sugar
4 tsp rapid rise yeast.
Olive oil or peanut oil

Toppings of your choice, and string cheese to put in the crust if desired.

Oven 350F.

Mix flour and salt and set aside.
Dissolve sugar in the warm water.
Add yeast.
Allow to sit until yeast bubbles (about an inch of bubbles - takes ~10 min).
Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture.

Using a fork, stir until you can't. Then use your hands to turn the dough until you get it all together and it forms a smooth ball. It should be slightly sticky but not sticking to your fingers rather than the dough ball. Add more flour if you used too much water (and vice versa).

Drizzle with oil of your choice and flip around in the bowl to coat the dough ball.

Cover with handtowel and let rise for 30 minutes.

Divide in two.

Roll one half out onto a pizza stone (way better than anything else to cook pizza).

If you're stuffing the crust roll it out so the dough hangs off the side. You might still have too much dough so trim as necessary to get the desired thickness.

Put string cheese around perimeter of pizza stone and roll dough over, if you're stuffing the crust.

Add the sauces and toppings of your choice.

Cook for 20+ minutes. Start watching it at 20 minutes. It will most likely take closer to 30.

Enjoy!

Yummy!!!! I can't wait until some of those Southern redneck women read this...
Let's continue!!!
I don't think the barbie dolls eat..do they?

Last edited by South Ga Girl; 02-21-2008 at 01:49 PM..

Old 02-21-2008, 02:10 PM

Hey wait...I'm a southern woman. Of course I'm a little older now and married, but I have never minded a good joke or belch. Oh maybe I'm ones of those redneck woman.... when I was younger I would only look for other southern guys, I like a nice big jacked up 4x4 with muds tires. WOW! I am one of those rednecks...I think most of the young girls here in Atlanta are not from here. My husband works downtown with tons of young professional girls right out of college and most of them are not from Georgia. I think you'll have a huge selection....Have fun!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:30 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,573,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Ga Girl View Post
when I was younger I would only look for other southern guys, I like a nice big jacked up 4x4 with muds tires. WOW! I am one of those rednecks...
Yeah, I was gonna say, you're getting into the Daisy Duke territory there. LOL

Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Yeah, I was gonna say, you're getting into the Daisy Duke territory there. LOL
I loved the Dukes of Hazzard growing up. Wouldn't mind trying to find a nice 69 Charger.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 AM

2,642 posts, read 7,236,537 times
I like scooters...

Old 02-22-2008, 10:37 AM

With today's gas and traffic, I would like a nice horse and buggy...

Old 02-23-2008, 03:02 PM

642 posts, read 1,935,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Ga Girl View Post
I loved the Dukes of Hazzard growing up. Wouldn't mind trying to find a nice 69 Charger.
Yes a nice 69 is always good to find.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:19 PM

177 posts, read 846,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
the first time you cut a political or gay joke or for that matter fart or belch around them and laugh about it - poof, no second date.
I need to forward that to my friend...who is always talking politics and wondering why he didn't get the digits...haha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or