U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:30 PM

15 posts, read 143,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Hey Brian whats with the animosity ?? are you a chick ?? what exactly do I fail at ??
No. And making threads.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 PM

323 posts, read 734,128 times
Quote:
And making threads.
Isn't this a contradiction though..If I fail at making threads why were you so interested in replying ??

Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM

288 posts, read 809,425 times
This thread has officially made me hungry, for pizza, and uhh, well, uhh, some cuttie!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:20 PM

Nice HighRiser, your name is perfect for the ladies lol !

Anyone have any hook up stories or suggestions for good pick up spots !

Old 05-01-2008, 12:52 AM

2,383 posts, read 5,394,715 times
This is has to be the most amusing thread I have ever read on CD! League if you are looking to hook up it's not hard in the city of Atlanta. I haven't lived there in years and several of the bars that I use to hang out at closed (many were in Buckhead when it was still safe) but I have many girl friends that go to Midtown. I'm not sure if the Midtown Music Festival still takes place, but if it does, that is a great place to hook-up and make-out! I had several friends go that route! Good luck!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 01:09 AM

91 posts, read 301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Nice HighRiser, your name is perfect for the ladies lol !

Anyone have any hook up stories or suggestions for good pick up spots !
Music Midtown is not around anymore. But if your lookign for good spots, ill break it down, since I am pretty educated on the social scene.

BUCKHEAD:
A bar scene. Type of girls here are mostly girls from Atlanta. Mostly went to private school (or Walton/Riverwood), then were in a sorority in college. Very classy, usually have/come from money, and are hot. Mostly blonde, with pale skin and blue eyes. Not my type, but still hot. Also, not really into the 'guido' type, though you never know. Most of the guys youll be competing against are washed-up frat boys (not hating, I myself was in a fraternity), who still dress as if they are in college. Have that post-college look (beer gut, fat face, but skinny arms) went to a southern college, and love to get hammered. Pretty easy competition, in my opinion.
Bars:
-for early twenties girl, try Pool Hall (30 Irby Avenue NW, Atlanta, GA 30305) or Kramer's (3167 Roswell Road, Atlanta, GA 30308).
-for a mid-to-late twenties girl, try Five Paces (across the street from Pool Hall), Churchills (3223 Cains Hill Pl NW, Atlanta, GA 30305), East Andrew's upstairs dance club (across from Churchills), or the new Fado's.

MIDTOWN:
More of a club scene. A lot more diverse. Here, youll see people of all different nationalities. Also, a lot more international. Reminds me of a crowd you would see in New York, or Miami. Still fun though. Most clubs cost about $30 to get in. This keeps the riff-raff out. Girls are still hot, just very different than Buckhead ones, and maybe a little more skanky, which aint a bad thing. Also, more ethnic looking girls, which I prefer. Bad side is they tend to be a little trashy. Also, a lot more drugs going around (mostly coke). The guys are more dressed up, with spiked hair, designer clothes, and more fit. Tougher competition, in my opinion. The main district is off Crescent Avenue. Just take your pick, they are mostly the same.
Clubs: My favorite is Opera (1150 Peachtree Street, Atlanta - entrance is on crescent ave)
Another great club is Lotus Lounge, in Lindbergh City Center (565 Main Street, Atlanta 30324), just outside Buckhead.

VIRGINIA HIGHLAND:
Not really my scene. Where the hippie chick/granola breath girls hang out, some older, 30-somethings mixed in. Not much to choose from, but you may get lucky and find a diamond in the rough. Rare though, mostly gross, smelly potheads. Also, only bars.
Try Moes and Joes (1033 N. Highland Avenue NE Atlanta)

These places are where all the singles hang out in Atlanta. Dunwoody, Vinings, and Sandy Springs do have bars, but they aren't really singles bars, and the girls arent hot.
Atlanta has been rated one of the best places to be a young, single professional in, and I would have to agree. its awesome. Just stick to those places, and youll find more hot girls than you know what to do with.

Last edited by MMANN; 05-03-2008 at 01:39 AM..

Old 05-03-2008, 07:16 PM

15 posts, read 64,677 times
Wink Ummm...As a single female in Atlanta

From my mind to your mouth, Greg...LOL.
First of all, as a single woman in Atlanta, I was wondering why is Midtown your pick?? I am as gay-friendly as they come, but mid-town is where you go to hang out with your gay friends. That's where they live.

Secondly, the percentage of straight (NOT BI), SINGLE men in Atlanta is microscopic. So I think your odds if finding a decent woman are actually pretty darn good. But be careful... the individual from the CDC was absolutely correct. AIDS and HIV are everywhere. What looks good, ain't always good for you (said my momma). Back to your odds as a single straight man... you could be quite unfortunate in the looks department and still be given a fair shake. LOL.

The best resource that you have for finding a single, decent (meaning you might want to see her twice) female, are your friends. Network. I promise you once they find out that you have a career and (damn let's be honest) are straight, you won't be single for long.

Happy hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Um, league - you are a male wanting to meet lots of single women, right?

Have you researched Atlanta's various neighborhoods?

Midtown, and specifically in the neighborhoods surrounding the park, has the largest gay population in the Southeast. It's Atlanta's version of West Hollywood or I suppose Chelsea in NYC. While a certain number of young professional couples and singles are starting to move back into the Midtown area, it's still a largely gay in some parts - again, specifically around the Park area.

Now there are tons of women in Midtown. You have women who make money from John's - you have women who love other women - men who later become women via an operating room... take your pick, which type of woman do you want?

(no offense meant to anyone - I just had to prod the fire on this one). LOL

Old 05-04-2008, 04:36 PM

MMANN NICE post !!! loved the in depth coverage and I appreciate finding out about my competition awesome !!!

jlymlewis, I've got a pretty good job ! Haven't actually began my career yet but I do make a lot of money. As far as looks go ! I'm not worried about that department so your post makes me feel really good about what to expect ! I'm gonna be living with roommates so hopefully women aren't going to look down on me because of that.

Keep it coming everyone, this thread is amazing ! Any more details about places not yet mentioned would be really cool !! Also its interesting to get an idea of the competition.

Hey MMANN are the buckhead women open to outsiders ?? what if one of the in shape midtown guys ventured into buckhead territory do you think he would score big ?! Or do those women operate on money and status ??

Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 PM

20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMANN View Post
Music Midtown is not around anymore. But if your lookign for good spots, ill break it down, since I am pretty educated on the social scene.

BUCKHEAD:
A bar scene. Type of girls here are mostly girls from Atlanta. Mostly went to private school (or Walton/Riverwood), then were in a sorority in college. Very classy, usually have/come from money, and are hot. Mostly blonde, with pale skin and blue eyes. Not my type, but still hot. Also, not really into the 'guido' type, though you never know. Most of the guys youll be competing against are washed-up frat boys (not hating, I myself was in a fraternity), who still dress as if they are in college. Have that post-college look (beer gut, fat face, but skinny arms) went to a southern college, and love to get hammered. Pretty easy competition, in my opinion.
Bars:
-for early twenties girl, try Pool Hall (30 Irby Avenue NW, Atlanta, GA 30305) or Kramer's (3167 Roswell Road, Atlanta, GA 30308).
-for a mid-to-late twenties girl, try Five Paces (across the street from Pool Hall), Churchills (3223 Cains Hill Pl NW, Atlanta, GA 30305), East Andrew's upstairs dance club (across from Churchills), or the new Fado's.

MIDTOWN:
More of a club scene. A lot more diverse. Here, youll see people of all different nationalities. Also, a lot more international. Reminds me of a crowd you would see in New York, or Miami. Still fun though. Most clubs cost about $30 to get in. This keeps the riff-raff out. Girls are still hot, just very different than Buckhead ones, and maybe a little more skanky, which aint a bad thing. Also, more ethnic looking girls, which I prefer. Bad side is they tend to be a little trashy. Also, a lot more drugs going around (mostly coke). The guys are more dressed up, with spiked hair, designer clothes, and more fit. Tougher competition, in my opinion. The main district is off Crescent Avenue. Just take your pick, they are mostly the same.
Clubs: My favorite is Opera (1150 Peachtree Street, Atlanta - entrance is on crescent ave)
Another great club is Lotus Lounge, in Lindbergh City Center (565 Main Street, Atlanta 30324), just outside Buckhead.

VIRGINIA HIGHLAND:
Not really my scene. Where the hippie chick/granola breath girls hang out, some older, 30-somethings mixed in. Not much to choose from, but you may get lucky and find a diamond in the rough. Rare though, mostly gross, smelly potheads. Also, only bars.
Try Moes and Joes (1033 N. Highland Avenue NE Atlanta)

These places are where all the singles hang out in Atlanta. Dunwoody, Vinings, and Sandy Springs do have bars, but they aren't really singles bars, and the girls arent hot.
Atlanta has been rated one of the best places to be a young, single professional in, and I would have to agree. its awesome. Just stick to those places, and youll find more hot girls than you know what to do with.
Good Lord, MMANN, you're a better anthropologist than Margaret Mead.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:36 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,394,715 times
Ok...MMANN!!!! You nailed it!!! Went to Walton, have blonde hair with pale skin and green eyes!!! SCAREY!!!! BUT...haven't lived in Atlanta in years so no longer hang out in Buckhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or