Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM

33 posts, read 95,475 times

Advertisements

Atlanta really isn't a good place for a nothern dude (being one myself) to go and find women.

Buckhead is pretty much shut down. There's the Peachtree Tavern and Moondogs, but those are for college kids. Other than that, there's really only the Park Bench, which is pretty small, and the new Fado's.

So what happens is with Buckhead tore down, everybody now goes to midtown or the Highlands bar scene, which was cramped to begin with and now has people packed in like sardines.

If you meet southern girls, you're most likely to meet one that wants a guy that goes to church on a weekly basis, has money, and is probably from the south himself. As a yankee, it never ceases to amaze me when I meet some girl that will only date a guy that went to whatever college or is from the state of Georgia. You just don't see that nonsense up north. You'll meet a lot of gals that will say something to the effect "I'm looking for a man who has a close relationship with God." Egads.

Another thing about Atlanta is that the women down here want to get married quickly. Doesn't matter if they are from the south or a transplant from the north (although girls from out west seem to care less). The transplant girls are usually professionals and want to get married right away. The southern girls probably have more pressure from their family and friends to get married and that's why they are so anxious to do so.

Generally I find the women in this city pretty dull and boring. I'm not some type of phenomenal intellectual or John Belushi-esque party animal, but most of the women in Atlanta are very conservative socially. Kind of like the types that say to themselves they are going to go out and have 1 beer. 2 beers if they're feeling frisky.

Great place to live if you're into church, SEC football, concerts, eating out and shopping...but if you have other interests you'll probably come away quite bored. My suggestion for a regular, single white dude is to hit up the Highlands. That's where I've had most of my success.

RICH

Old 05-06-2008, 07:23 PM

33 posts, read 95,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Hey MMANN are the buckhead women open to outsiders ?? what if one of the in shape midtown guys ventured into buckhead territory do you think he would score big ?! Or do those women operate on money and status ??
If anything it's a bit of the other way around. Midtown people tend to never want to leave midtown. I don't have a problem with midtown people, but there are some of them that tend to believe they are more hip because they live in midtown and pay outrageous amounts of money to live in a broom closet.

It's better to find out where the woman is originally from. If she's from the south, then there's an 80% chance that they'll be into where you are from, money and status. If she's from the north, then money and status isn't as important, unless you run into one of the "dedicated to her career" types.

RICH

Old 05-07-2008, 01:05 AM

324 posts, read 877,254 times
Hey Rich, thanks for the info. A bit of a downer though... I don't mind the religious church nut chicks, as long as there aren't to many of them where I will be. Any more info on the highlands ?? Do you think hooking up with midtown girls will be easy for a guy that lives there ? Maybe I can use it as leverage. A girl might be more willing to come over if she knew I lived down the street from where the party is.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:02 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza Rich View Post
It's better to find out where the woman is originally from. If she's from the south, then there's an 80% chance that they'll be into where you are from, money and status. If she's from the north, then money and status isn't as important, unless you run into one of the "dedicated to her career" types.
RICH
That's right, because our southern girls have great sense of self and aren't going to give it up to some loser with empty pockets and no prospects .

Old 05-07-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur
our southern girls have great sense of self and aren't going to give it up to some loser with empty pockets
So, a southern girls sense of self depends on how much money a man earns ?? Character, honesty, morals and respect don't mean anything he will be loser until he is able to show other people especially southern women that he doesn't have empty pockets ??

What about a guy who gets rich off of selling illegal drugs to kids ? I guess he will get all the southern women because his pockets won't ever go empty as long as he's able to work.

- What exactly do you mean by "sense of self" LovinDecatur ??

- What are "prospects" ??

- How do you think a man should go about letting southern women know that he is not a loser with empty pockets ??

Last edited by League54; 05-07-2008 at 07:58 AM..

Old 05-07-2008, 07:51 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,259,583 times
League54...why do you care? You just want to "hook up", meaning you're just looking for some poontang.

Stop moralizing and just go get some tail.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
So, a southern girls sense of self depends on how much money a man earns ?? Character, honesty, morals and respect don't mean anything he will be loser until he is able to show other people especially southern women that he doesn't have empty pockets ??

What about a guy who gets rich off of selling illegal drugs to kids ? I guess he will get all the southern women because his pockets won't ever go empty as long as he's able to work.

- What exactly do you mean by "sense of self" LovinDecatur ??

- What are "prospects" ??

- How do you think a man should go about letting southern women know that he is not a loser with empty pockets ??
Never you mind, League...it's just my sarcastic response to the mind-numbingly stupid comments about southern women on this thread.
Do us girls a favor and stay in Joisey.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:18 AM

Only 2 weeks left in NJ before I move to Atlanta so just my luck that I meet a girl on July 4th that I really really like. I will have to leave her but I'm hoping to find similar girls like her.

She is a gorgeous russian girl 5'9 blonde thin waist thick thighs and big t!ts and beautiful face....she's hot !! She is also a legal resident who has not been Americanized, so she is the kind of girl that doesn't expect guys to pay for her, makes interesting and fun conversation and is very polite and kind. Is there a lounge or group of places that are known for attracting an international crowd especially western european women like the one I described ??

Last edited by League54; 07-05-2008 at 11:28 AM..

Old 07-05-2008, 11:30 AM

210 posts, read 1,139,408 times
Default Ayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Never you mind, League...it's just my sarcastic response to the mind-numbingly stupid comments about southern women on this thread.
Do us girls a favor and stay in Joisey.
Trust me most guys from New Jersey are nice/cool. AND we don't say Joisey we say Jurzee trust me

Old 07-05-2008, 01:12 PM

132 posts, read 427,785 times
Well it sounds like if I move to the ATL I am pretty much doomed when it comes to the dating scene... I am freaking 50 but thanks to great genes I date many women in their early 30's (letting them think I am 35 which I can easily pull off ) I am young at heart but I am a professional (Suit and Tie by day)... I am a Cali guy who likes to wear cargo shorts and T's when I am just running around, and when I go out to a club I dress casual in dockers, nice dress shoes, maybe a Tommy Bahama shirt or other tropical flair...

I was thinking of getting a loft/condo to rent at first in Buckhead or Mid town... now I am so confused!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta