U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:47 PM

323 posts, read 734,128 times

Advertisements

well after being in Atlanta for 2 weeks now....I can say Yakuza Rich nailed it. I'm more into the bar scene than the club scene..and the clubs here suck !!! they get to crowded and the really hot women are not into hooking up. I'm still exploring other places and overall I think I'd have better luck hooking up with a chick at a supermarket or restaurant or something...more so than the clubs around here.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:11 AM

13 posts, read 35,869 times
Ok Robert what about if its the other way around I'm a single african american female from New England. I would like to move to Atlanta to find me a husband I have lived in New England for 20 years and its hard to meet a decent single man here that has his life together.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:15 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,094,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msyford View Post
Ok Robert what about if its the other way around I'm a single african american female from New England. I would like to move to Atlanta to find me a husband I have lived in New England for 20 years and its hard to meet a decent single man here that has his life together.
Hopefully you're not moving to Atlanta just to "find you a husband". But if there's other reasons for your move, you're likely to find the same mix of guys who have their act together and guy who don't as you will in any other big city. I don't think there's any shift one way or the other here compared to anyplace else- we've got our winners, and we've got our losers......

Old 08-01-2008, 09:41 AM

I would like to know what the single men are like?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:42 AM

Bob NO! that's only a small percent why I would like to move there just curious!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:50 AM

323 posts, read 734,128 times
Yo Msy !! I've had a chance to talk to a lot of people both men and women here !

Theres alot of feminine guys here in Atlanta. Alot of drama queens, lazy people and dudes who are just weird. I don't wanna discourage you or anything. The longer I'm here the more Atlanta is starting to grow on me ! I've met a few really cool chicks and made friends with some really cool guys but so far I've noticed that the sophistication level of social interaction is WAY behind other places like New York or California. It's like small town thinking people in a somewhat developed modern environment.

I've only been here for 2 weeks so I'm still learning the people and looking for my niche so my opinion will most likely change with time.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:23 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,570,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Theres alot of feminine guys here in Atlanta. Alot of drama queens, lazy people and dudes who are just weird. I don't wanna discourage you or anything. The longer I'm here the more Atlanta is starting to grow on me ! I've met a few really cool chicks and made friends with some really cool guys but so far I've noticed that the sophistication level of social interaction is WAY behind other places like New York or California. It's like small town thinking people in a somewhat developed modern environment.

I've only been here for 2 weeks so I'm still learning the people and looking for my niche so my opinion will most likely change with time.
Well, for starters, the reason it feels that way is because a lot of people who have moved to Atlanta HAVE come from smaller town environments. Atlanta is a city of transplants who come from all over - and many from smaller areas. They bring their beliefs and attitudes (good and bad) with them. Atlanta isn't an old established city like New York where the long timers or natives look/act/behave a certain way and newcomers must assimilate "or else". Atlanta is a melting pot that keeps adding tens of thousands of new people per year into the area. There is no distinct attitude in the city of that the people have, because it's a city of transplants.

You've only been here two WEEKS but have concluded an awful lot about the "weird effeminate lazy drama queens" in Atlanta. Maybe you need to pick some different places to hang out at.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:28 PM

642 posts, read 1,935,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305Kid View Post
Trust me most guys from New Jersey are nice/cool. AND we don't say Joisey we say Jurzee trust me
Exactly. Only time you might here that ignorant Joizey crap is if someone who doesn't and has never lived there says it.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:37 PM

20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Is this POS thread still active? What a mess.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:49 PM

171 posts, read 591,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I think I'd have better luck hooking up with a chick at a supermarket or restaurant or something...more so than the clubs around here.
Make sure she has all her teeth. ROFL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or