U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:41 PM

9,785 posts, read 8,948,690 times

Advertisements

I didn't think a Ferris wheel belonged in the middle of Atlanta, either. But, I was wrong or so it appears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 05:56 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,010,673 times
Is this on the edge of the Park? If this is built there, the "cabin" design won't look totally ridiculous. I guess... In any case, I don't think it's any "cheesier" than Hard Rock Hotel...

Old 08-19-2016, 06:46 PM

5,243 posts, read 4,504,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
In any case, I don't think it's any "cheesier" than Hard Rock Hotel...
O that's a good point. We have always had tourism in Atlanta, but not to this degree. With Margaritaville and the Hard Rock Hotel, it seems we have made it as a serious tourist destination. I can only imagine the introduction of these two commercial chain tourist locations, more is to come.

This stuff isn't for me, but I don't hate it either, this is just further diversification of the economy. Other places solely depend on tourism, just add this to the list. Tech, entertainment, transportation, major corporate offices and HQs, logistics... Atlanta is on fire.

...too soon?

Old 08-19-2016, 09:51 PM

2,199 posts, read 1,540,702 times
I'm not saying anything, because it could be worse, like a Guy Fieri restaurant.

That said, a lot of the times I have family coming through town, I end up meeting them around COP and having dinner at some generic chain restaurant. I've had a hard time finding any decent local places to eat in the immediate vicinity that aren't just hotel restaurants or food court spots.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:56 PM

4,104 posts, read 4,707,851 times
this is just hilarious. whatever floats your boat, i guess. hopefully the regional tourists this place and the college football HOF are trying to woo will also make their way through the center for civil and human rights.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:00 PM

4,104 posts, read 4,707,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
They are an invasive species, like alligators, boa constrictors, armadillos, coyotes, kudzu ragweed and Bradford pears and MUST BE STOPPED!
they aren't native but they certainly aren't invasive... they have a lot of trouble reproducing in our colder climate, so the only palm trees you see around here were intentionally planted there.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:13 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,404,992 times
Id rather see this than a parking lot. Plus with outdoor seating it will give more foot traffic to this area.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:54 AM

4,056 posts, read 3,408,826 times
Myrtle Beach have one. Heck go ahead and add a couple small thrill rides.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:23 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,718,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Id rather see this than a parking lot. Plus with outdoor seating it will give more foot traffic to this area.
If they could just tone down the tropical thing, but that's their shtick so I guess they all look like that? Do the ones in Chicago, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Syracuse, Nashville, etc. look like that too? I guess as long as other large cities have them Atlanta might as well have one too.

**no, they all look different. I assume they won't build that monstrosity in downtown Atlanta.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:27 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,718,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
this is just hilarious. whatever floats your boat, i guess. hopefully the regional tourists this place and the college football HOF are trying to woo will also make their way through the center for civil and human rights.
The College Football HOF is a national attraction...don't get caught in believing that college football is all a southern thing - think about USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and many other places with crazy fans. I'm a big college football fan and I even visited South Bend to see the HOF years ago, and believe when I say that the people there were from all over the country. Think about it being located in a major city like Atlanta and it will be twice as popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta