Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 04:40 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times

Advertisements

I have only been to Margaritaville in Montego Bay and Ohos Rios, and I had a blast. I think if the environment can somehow manage to remain laid back here, it should be fun.

I put up with that ridiculous Ferris wheel without rolling my eyes because I respect the fact that there are different strokes for different folks. You gotta live and let live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 04:44 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
I have only been to Margaritaville in Montego Bay and Ohos Rios, and I had a blast. I think if the environment can somehow manage to remain laid back here, it should be fun.

I put up with that ridiculous Ferris wheel without rolling my eyes because I respect the fact that there are different strokes for different folks. You gotta live and let live.
I love observation wheels...have been on the London Eye and the Texas Star and loved them both - but I love smaller ferris wheels too so I would never see anything wrong with the one downtown. As you said, live and let live. Have you tried SkyView yet?

Old 08-20-2016, 04:55 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
I love observation wheels...have been on the London Eye and the Texas Star and loved them both - but I love smaller ferris wheels too so I would never see anything wrong with the one downtown. As you said, live and let live. Have you tried SkyView yet?
No, but I do understand the reasons you would like it though.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:13 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
No, but I do understand the reasons you would like it though.
You should go try it and let us know what you think. I'm betting you would feel differently if you did.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 08-20-2016 at 05:30 PM..

Old 08-20-2016, 05:26 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times
Quote:

Same here. I havent even been to the aquarium or the coke museum either

Old 08-21-2016, 12:53 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,429,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
I'm not saying anything, because it could be worse, like a Guy Fieri restaurant.

That said, a lot of the times I have family coming through town, I end up meeting them around COP and having dinner at some generic chain restaurant. I've had a hard time finding any decent local places to eat in the immediate vicinity that aren't just hotel restaurants or food court spots.
There is not much downtown of anything compared with Midtown and Buckhead which are much more populated but there are a few options at least within 5 blocks

Der Biergarten
Sweet Georgia Juke Joint
Sato Thai Sushi Bar
Alma Cocina
Stats
Along with some local chains like Ted's,Slice,etc.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:33 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Margaritaville developer wants to tear down old building where first country music hit was recorded.
Quote:
Lemuel Ward, an attorney for the developer that plans to build the restaurant and lease space to Margaritaville, told members of a city planning group July 24 that it wasn’t fair to start the landmark process after the company spent months seeking a permit.

“As a developer, we now have tenants that cannot and will not complete this project because of these designations, if they are allowed to go through,” he said. “We believe this is a basic issue of playground fairness.” He said they have lodged a formal objection with the city.

Mazor said the old building has enormous value to history and even to tourists. Atlanta in the 1920s was briefly the recording capital of the Southeast, a title Nashville eventually took away.

https://apnews.com/acc93d9417f6401aa...ces-demolition

Old 08-09-2017, 07:51 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Margaritaville developer wants to tear down old building where first country music hit was recorded.

https://apnews.com/acc93d9417f6401aa...ces-demolition
Lol wow. They must have been smoking some good crack

Old 08-09-2017, 08:11 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
They need to pound sand. Nobody wants a Margaritaville. At least, nobody who has ever made the one-time mistake of dining at one one wants one.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:22 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
They need to pound sand. Nobody wants a Margaritaville. At least, nobody who has ever made the one-time mistake of dining at one one wants one.
The Margaritaville in Key West is the epicenter of White Trash Culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta