Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 06:33 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times

Advertisements

Foh. You want silence then move to the burbs. I lived in the O4W and they are building an Amphitheater right now right around the corner. Nobody is complaining because that is what we expect. Also they are building another concert venue on Memorial dr. Again no one is complaining. Take your thinking Olive Garden is a 5 star meal azz back to the burbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 07:03 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,467,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Foh. You want silence then move to the burbs. I lived in the O4W and they are building an Amphitheater right now right around the corner. Nobody is complaining because that is what we expect. Also they are building another concert venue on Memorial dr. Again no one is complaining. Take your thinking Olive Garden is a 5 star meal azz back to the burbs
Chastain has an amphitheatre too, but they have a cutoff of 11 pm.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:58 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,435 times
Y'all picking on chain restaurants is amusing. Perhaps y'all pick up your "cheddar bay biscuits" at the grocery store and bake them at home. Some of us also enjoy eating them at Red Lobster occasionally, too. In a large Metro like Metro Atlanta, surely you think there is room for chains and "mom and pops" like many of the homegrown restaurants on Cheshire Bridge (or downtown Forest Park or College Park for that matter ;0) ) As far as "five star dining" for some one of a moderate income like me with a family of five, Red Lobster/ Olive Garden/ or any other restaurant presently or formerly owned by the Darden group represents a "splurge". Millionaires in the Buckhead mansion district probably eat at home or use more moderately priced options regularly, too and only dine Five Star on special occasions as well. Having options is the spice of life after all.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:14 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
The Masquerade being in O4W hasn't stopped that area from large scale gentrification, so I don't see why the new location would be a hindrance to successful development. Two people backing out of a Brock home is a complete non-issue. They weren't the right buyers for that location. Someone else will be. That's how real estate works.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:24 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
I suspect some folks associate violence and shootings with late night clubs.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:18 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,483,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I suspect some folks associate violence and shootings with late night clubs.
Yeah, I bet they are the same folks that associate too many blacks (i.e. more than 10% of the residents) living in a neighborhood with crime, so your point is exactly?

Nobody is here for those type of prejudiced people...

Old 09-01-2016, 10:31 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Yeah, I bet they are the same folks that associate too many blacks (i.e. more than 10% of the residents) living in a neighborhood with crime, so your point is exactly?
How do you draw a connection between late night clubs and "too many blacks"?

The fact is we've seen a good many shootings in and around late night clubs and it doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with black folks.

Woman dead after being shot at NE Atlanta bar | 11alive.com

Gunfire erupts at Club Crucial | WSB-TV

5 shot, 1 killed in shooting at Atlanta club - CBS46 News

Two teens shot outside Atlanta nightclub's 'No I.D.' party - CBS46 News

Nightclub manager killed, 2 injured in southwest Atlanta shooting | www.ajc.com

Nightclub Shooting

Old 09-02-2016, 07:01 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,483,890 times
Quote:

The fact is we've seen a good many shootings in and around late night clubs and it doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with black folks.

Nightclub Shooting
Easy, paranoid individuals don't think logically. It's an analogy of how those paranoid individuals will draw any connection between "something undesirable" like "too many blacks", nightlife spot to crime...

Old 09-02-2016, 11:08 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,235,222 times
The Office of Planning publicly supports these overlays as a way to develop these areas. Office of Planning As I understand it, they are going back and actively rezoning these areas of the city, but it is an arduous process. So it's not just a thesis paper or something. Last time I checked, zoning can dictate use. I'm not saying that we need ultra micromanaged zoning across the city, but right on the Beltline, having a plan is a good idea.

You can't compare the Fox to this situation as these are neighborhood streets. This isn't going to be a major thoroughfare. It is already zoned as Industrial and the overwhelming majority of property zoned industrial sits unused or is being turned into residential developments. If the Beltline tax is passed, this area will become overwhelmingly residential. If you can't see this, you're not paying attention.

I like the Masquerade and have many fond memories of the place. I want it to thrive and I think it would do way better elsewhere. There are many other more interesting places the masquerade could set up shop and actually fit in for a long run. They shouldn't be forced to move, but I wish they would move. This spot is a bad idea for the patrons and the surrounding neighborhood.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:56 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:

Nightclub Shooting
Not to belabor the point and not that I agree with the premise, but at least half of the examples you listed are black clubs. They certainly aren't the only nightclubs where violence occurs but it seems to occur pretty often. I remember Club 112 having a lot of problems in the parking lot late at night, but so did the Buckhead Village nightclubs. I think it comes down to perception...many people THINK that black clubs corner the market on violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta