Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 05:07 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I'm not picking a fight at all AP...it was for fun/joking. I've realized that you live in "Johns Creek in SoFo" for a while now--which is why I was playing around. I did forget to add the emoticons (realized too late). Sorry about that.
Gotcha. Sorry for being overly sensitive, but all of the OTP/ITP bullcrap in the Atlanta forum will make a guy sensitive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 09:08 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,478,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I hear a dog whistle....

I am also from the Midwest originally, so I understand your preference for segregated suburban living - I just don't share that mindset.

Glad you're leaving. You couldn't pay me to live up there again.
Dog Whistle? sure...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...euN/story.html

Old 09-10-2016, 09:29 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Gotcha. Sorry for being overly sensitive, but all of the OTP/ITP bullcrap in the Atlanta forum will make a guy sensitive...
True, unfortunately.

I love all of Atlanta...OTP, ATP, ITP, and ITB.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:08 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,768,125 times
Quote:
Aries, JC is 1 mile from my house and the closest town there is. That's like arguing with someone who says they live in Atlanta but live just outside the city limits. Don't pick a fight just to pick a fight, please.
AP & Aries,

I know much of this was tongue and cheek, but beyond that....

One thing that fascinates me about Johns Creek is most it was just a single family home area midway between I-85 and GA 400. It is a relatively quiet area, but most of it was built before the city formed.

The city, like many other new cities in the area, lack a city center (ignoring whether it is traditional style, auto style, exurban style, suburban style, or urban style.... etc...).

Well Johns Creek has done a pretty good job of building one in a non-traditional, suburban way.

There are a decent amount of office building, hotels, a formal city hall, a hospital, a large amount of retail, and restaurants in a fairly centralized area.

The caveat is it was all built at the northern end of the city bordering Forsyth. I actually call it Peachtree Corners-lite. To me it is forming much like Peachtree Corners did in the late 80s and througout the 90s. Of course, I'm talking about the business park area as Peacthree Corners wasn't a city at all then.

All the strip malls are named something like Town Center Johns Creek, Johns Creek Village, or Johns Creek this or Johns Creek that.... whether or not it is in the half in the city or in Forsyth north of the city.

It is kind of becoming the suburban city sharing its "downtown" with its unincorporated neighbor.

.... But anyways I can definitely see how many people in the southern tip of Forsyth County will likely have a Johns Creek identity for decades to come. They all live extremely close to the commercial, business, and civic areas of Johns Creek. Largely because none of that is centralized inside Johns Creek.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:14 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
AP & Aries,

One thing that fascinates me about Johns Creek is most it was just a single family home area midway between I-85 and GA 400. It is a relatively quiet area, but most of it was built before the city formed.

The city, like many other new cities in the area, lack a city center (ignoring whether it is traditional style, auto style, exurban style, suburban style, or urban style.... etc...).

Well Johns Creek has done a pretty good job of building one in a non-traditional, suburban way.

There are a decent amount of office building, hotels, a formal city hall, a hospital, a large amount of retail, and restaurants in a fairly centralized area.

The caveat is it was all built at the northern end of the city bordering Forsyth. I actually call it Peachtree Corners-lite. To me it is forming much like Peachtree Corners did in the late 80s and througout the 90s. Of course, I'm talking about the business park area as Peacthree Corners wasn't a city at all then.

All the strip malls are named something like Town Center Johns Creek, Johns Creek Village, or Johns Creek this or Johns Creek that.... whether or not it is in the half in the city or in Forsyth north of the city.

It is kind of becoming the suburban city sharing its "downtown" with its unincorporated neighbor.

.... But anyways I can definitely see how many people in the southern tip of Forsyth County will likely have a Johns Creek identity for decades to come. They all live extremely close to the commercial, business, and civic areas of Johns Creek. Largely because none of that is centralized inside Johns Creek.

Maybe parts of South Forsyth could be incorporated as North Johns Creek?

Old 09-11-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
True, unfortunately.

I love all of Atlanta...OTP, ATP, ITP, and ITB.
As do I!

Old 09-11-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
AP & Aries,

Good observations as always, cw. This whole suburb thing is sorta "odd", I must admit. When I lived there, I really liked being affiliated with "Midtown." I knew right where that was. Out here, ya just sorta scratch your head and throw a dart. I hope that will change as identity is important.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,600 times
Default The incorporation of Sharon Springs would have been illegal

Quote:
I think perhaps we are; however, I understand that the Sharon Springs project is a no-go (for now).

EDIT: This is the last news I heard about it: Sharon Springs cityhood proposal withdrawn by Forsyth lawmakers
Forsyth County's state legislative delegation recently pulled its support for Sharon Springs, said Steve Benefield, a founding member of the Sharon Springs Alliance. Legislators cited legal concerns about incorporating a city with limited services and capped property tax rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta