Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 01:32 PM

196 posts, read 386,744 times

Advertisements

I need to move, am looking for a house to rent and have been trying Craigslist (full of scammers), Trulia, Zillow, Rent.com, Walkscore, Apartment.com, and others so numerous I can't remember - with little or no success. The agents don't return calls or emails, even with houses that have been listed for months - and the few that do are so rude or dismissing I can't see my self bothering with them. Also they all seem to have the same listings. What is the secret here? Driving around everywhere looking for "For Rent" signs? I need to get out of this quicksand, my searches are taking too long and my current lease is about to expire! If anyone has a suggestion of how I can efficiently find houses for rent, I'd appreciate the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 03:22 PM

2,280 posts, read 3,020,032 times
Its bad, from what I hear. Try hotpads and paddmapper. You could also try a realty. Its a landlord's market at the moment from what I hear. Good luck.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Its bad, from what I hear. Try hotpads and paddmapper. You could also try a realty. Its a landlord's market at the moment from what I hear. Good luck.
Yeah, I tried them too. Same properties everyone else is listing. Problem isn't who's market it is, it's when I find something I like I cant do anything because there is no response (or in Craigslist case it's a total scam).

Old 09-11-2016, 03:49 PM

9 posts, read 12,228 times
If you have a neighborhood in mind and know someone there - ask them to post your request on nextdoor.com or their neighborhood FB page. In our area rentals are posted on those pages and filled in no time.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:56 PM

333 posts, read 385,805 times
Please try InvitationHomes.com or Atlanta Partners Property Management. Invitation Homes bought thousands of single-family homes all over Metro Atlanta a few years back and put them on the market as rentals.

Hope that helps.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlres View Post
If you have a neighborhood in mind and know someone there - ask them to post your request on nextdoor.com or their neighborhood FB page. In our area rentals are posted on those pages and filled in no time.
Nice suggestion, but I don't know anyone that well, lol. I've been in GA for about 2 years but I've been living out in the burbs. I want to get closer to the city areas (of course that comes at a cost). In any case, I just don't know anyone, but I can go to FB pages if anyone can just go there.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMove View Post
Please try InvitationHomes.com or Atlanta Partners Property Management. Invitation Homes bought thousands of single-family homes all over Metro Atlanta a few years back and put them on the market as rentals.

Hope that helps.
Well if they are better at responding it might help - but they don't seem to have that many homes - certainly not thousands.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:26 PM

4,764 posts, read 5,408,497 times
I would join the local neighborhood page on Facebook of the area you're desiring. Simply post looking for a rental and go from there.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:39 PM

578 posts, read 456,024 times
Yes atlwarrior is right go to facebook and find places or do a google research and craigslist is full of scammers/spammers how ever if you pay attention you can find the legit ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta