U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,978 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking for a graffiti writer to paint one side of my daughter's room. I reside in Stockbridge, Ga. Please email me and I will submit a pic of what she would like.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 07:29 PM

719 posts, read 1,474,868 times
Want to see some really clever graffitti? Click here: wazzzat?! » Blog Archive » Graffiti worth sharing (http://tinyurl.com/6xw59j - broken link)

Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 PM

17 posts, read 43,187 times
My question to Brian3219 is this: where do you live? Do you own or rent? If you rent an appartment in Roswell I understand how you can view this as some sort of "urban art" I live off Dekalb Ave, where I actually OWN a house that have been defaced by this "art" in the past. Some graffiti can be viewed as art, but 90% is done by idiots with zero artistic talent. I agree that it does add a layer of urbanism to Atlanta, but what pisses me off is when these children deface personal property, bolth commercial and residental.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,417 times
Modern Atlanta Graffiti by Georgia Artist Corey Barksdale

Old 04-01-2010, 03:20 PM

504 posts, read 1,337,905 times
Here's a pretty good documentary on graffiti art from around the world with interviews if anyone's interested.

Bomb It - Global Graffiti Street Art Film Documentary | Official Site

Old 06-14-2010, 04:17 PM

7 posts, read 10,740 times
Here's the deal, graffiti is an art, no doubt. There are alot of artists who get big after bombing the streets for years and then become canvas art ****, no doubt. In the end, the graffiti that everyone on this thread is complaining about, is the graffiti that will never end. You cannot stop us. These acts of vandalism are what they are. But behind the label of vandalism, there is an extreme competition that will never end. The bigger, better, high and more outrageous earns the writer more respect. Its perpeutal, there will always be some kid who wants to man up and write on a wall. ****, it might just be your kid.

If you can't understand our lifestyle and our culture then don't argue, its like an athiest and a christian arguing existence. We won't see eye to eye. If you want to try and stop us, do it. Buff my ****, I'll be back the next day or the next week, bigger, bader and "more of an annoyance to your precious status quo". If you really think your the man, stop me in the act. Meet me in my element and you'll see what street justice is about.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:01 PM

29,275 posts, read 26,221,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Life View Post
In the end, the graffiti that everyone on this thread is complaining about, is the graffiti that will never end. You cannot stop us. These acts of vandalism are what they are. But behind the label of vandalism, there is an extreme competition that will never end.
The thing that seems different about graffiiti as compared to other art is that it's performed on someone else's canvas without their permission.

Are graffiti artists cool with the idea that anybody can come along an hour later and paint over their work, or is that considered an act of vandalism?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:22 PM

1,352 posts, read 3,861,152 times
Quote:
Here's the deal, graffiti is an art, no doubt. There are alot of artists who get big after bombing the streets for years and then become canvas art ****, no doubt. In the end, the graffiti that everyone on this thread is complaining about, is the graffiti that will never end. You cannot stop us. These acts of vandalism are what they are. But behind the label of vandalism, there is an extreme competition that will never end. The bigger, better, high and more outrageous earns the writer more respect. Its perpeutal, there will always be some kid who wants to man up and write on a wall. ****, it might just be your kid.

If you can't understand our lifestyle and our culture then don't argue, its like an athiest and a christian arguing existence. We won't see eye to eye. If you want to try and stop us, do it. Buff my ****, I'll be back the next day or the next week, bigger, bader and "more of an annoyance to your precious status quo". If you really think your the man, stop me in the act. Meet me in my element and you'll see what street justice is about.
Hard to see eye to eye with a vandal. It is not your views but your actions that speak for you.

The less you write, the less you damage yourself. Not like that is possible but i dont expect you to understand

Old 06-15-2010, 01:55 AM

7 posts, read 10,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The thing that seems different about graffiiti as compared to other art is that it's performed on someone else's canvas without their permission.

Are graffiti artists cool with the idea that anybody can come along an hour later and paint over their work, or is that considered an act of vandalism?
Sure its still vandalism, just vandalism on top of more vandalism. Thats one thing that makes this so fun. Writers vs writers vs. cops vs. cabbage town vigilantes. If someone goes over me once, I destroy everything they got out. If it comes down to it I'll fight them. Its a matter of respect remember graffiti is an expression of hip-hop and hip-hop got rules.

@ cityrover: My actions, what actions of mine have you seen? You don't know my name or what i do. Furthermore I don't damage myself at all, rather I boost my own ego, so to speak. By doing graffiti autonomously, without the boundaries of society holding me back, I find confidence and power though my own actions. How one acheives this happiness is for their own.

haha graffiti philosophy 101.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:28 AM

29,275 posts, read 26,221,101 times
Quote:
Sure its still vandalism, just vandalism on top of more vandalism. Thats one thing that makes this so fun. Writers vs writers vs. cops vs. cabbage town vigilantes. If someone goes over me once, I destroy everything they got out. If it comes down to it I'll fight them. Its a matter of respect remember graffiti is an expression of hip-hop and hip-hop got rules.

Why would you care if someone paints over your stuff an hour later? Are you saying you have some kind of ownership in your stuff? Or the right to have it left alone by others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or