Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 08:33 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times

Advertisements

Well, this is certainly a game-changer.

Tex McIver owed money to his wife at time of her death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 08:41 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What makes me think it wasn't premeditated murder is that it was so dumb.

If you wanted to get rid of your spouse, there are a million ways to do that down on the farm that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. Especially when you're in tight with the local sheriff, as this guy apparently was. Fell off a horse, tripped on a ledge in the dark, hunting accident, fell into a well, got crushed by a falling bale of hay, bush hog kicked back, etc., etc., etc. Any of these things or a hundred others would be the end of it and you'd never hear another peep.

Why wait until you're riding down a city street, in your own car with an eyeball witness, and holding your own gun? Duh.
Excellent points, arjay.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:01 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
What makes me think it wasn't premeditated murder is that it was so dumb.

If you wanted to get rid of your spouse, there are a million ways to do that down on the farm that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. Especially when you're in tight with the local sheriff, as this guy apparently was. Fell off a horse, tripped on a ledge in the dark, hunting accident, fell into a well, got crushed by a falling bale of hay, bush hog kicked back, etc., etc., etc. Any of these things or a hundred others would be the end of it and you'd never hear another peep.

Why wait until you're riding down a city street, in your own car with an eyeball witness, and holding your own gun? Duh.
I don't think it went down like that. Because I agree with you on that one, he could've offed his wife out at their farm and buried her, or chopped her up and fed her to some wild hogs or something. He had the power and connections to get away with it like that. However I do think that he killed his wife, but it was on some spur of the moment type stuff. They clearly had some issues. They probably left Longhorn and he was a little buzzed off some wine, throw in a few 'scripts and Tex was on cloud 9. They get in the truck and he's geeked up in the back seat. He's halfway in, halfway out, day dreaming about his secretary. She's in the front seat and is equally unhappy with him. He owes her 350 racks and they haven't had sex in a year. She says an off color remark to her friend who is driving, thinking Tex out of in the back and isn't paying attention. Tex hears it and in his drug induced state gets pissed and shoots her. Obviously I'm throwing stuff up against the wall but it could've played out like that just as easily if not more than it being a pure accident in my eyes. He didn't sit and plan it out, he's a hothead, she said something he didn't like and he went to that dark place inside and snapped and he killed her.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
I don't think it went down like that. Because I agree with you on that one, he could've offed his wife out at their farm and buried her, or chopped her up and fed her to some wild hogs or something. He had the power and connections to get away with it like that. However I do think that he killed his wife, but it was on some spur of the moment type stuff. They clearly had some issues. They probably left Longhorn and he was a little buzzed off some wine, throw in a few 'scripts and Tex was on cloud 9. They get in the truck and he's geeked up in the back seat. He's halfway in, halfway out, day dreaming about his secretary. She's in the front seat and is equally unhappy with him. He owes her 350 racks and they haven't had sex in a year. She says an off color remark to her friend who is driving, thinking Tex out of in the back and isn't paying attention. Tex hears it and in his drug induced state gets pissed and shoots her. Obviously I'm throwing stuff up against the wall but it could've played out like that just as easily if not more than it being a pure accident in my eyes. He didn't sit and plan it out, he's a hothead, she said something he didn't like and he went to that dark place inside and snapped and he killed her.
Wouldn't the driver have something to say to that effect? And why would she withhold such information?

Old 01-01-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Wouldn't the driver have something to say to that effect? And why would she withhold such information?
Maybe she didn't see him do it. How would she know anyway? Tex back there in his own head getting angry while wifey and her friend hee-heeing and hawing about Tex not being able to get it up or maybe she was flexing that she wears the pants in the family because he had to borrow some money from her. Off the wall? Yes, but this stuff goes in marriages all the time. Jokes and statements are made while the partner is sitting there in his or her own head seething. In this situation dude who has already demonstrated he's a hot head, it just went too far. Again I'm totally throwing crap up against the wall but something like that is totally plausible. She said something that made him so angry and he just lost it. It happens all the time. Rich and well connected people are not immune from that rage.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:05 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Maybe she didn't see him do it. How would she know anyway? Tex back there in his own head getting angry while wifey and her friend hee-heeing and hawing about Tex not being able to get it up or maybe she was flexing that she wears the pants in the family because he had to borrow some money from her. Off the wall? Yes, but this stuff goes in marriages all the time. Jokes and statements are made while the partner is sitting there in his or her own head seething. In this situation dude who has already demonstrated he's a hot head, it just went too far. Again I'm totally throwing crap up against the wall but something like that is totally plausible. She said something that made him so angry and he just lost it. It happens all the time. Rich and well connected people are not immune from that rage.
Possible.

If it was intentional, however, I'd think a more probable motive would be some financial angle. Which takes you back to the question of why shoot her with your own gun while you're driving down a city street in your own car?

I completely agree with you that well-to-do folks have the same emotions as everybody else. Having a fat wallet certainly doesn't mean that someone is nicer, wiser or less prone to violence and meanness than the rest of us poor slobs. There are countless examples of that.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:45 AM

Tex McIver update: Wife's diamond jewels to go on auction block

Old 04-27-2017, 01:28 PM

From the Fulton Daily Report:

Claud "Tex" McIver, a former law partner at Atlanta's Fisher & Phillips was indicted today by a Fulton County grand jury on a charge of malice murder in the shooting death of his wife, Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard announced today.
The grand jury also charged McIver, 74, with unlawfully influencing witnesses in the case.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
From the Fulton Daily Report:

Claud "Tex" McIver, a former law partner at Atlanta's Fisher & Phillips was indicted today by a Fulton County grand jury on a charge of malice murder in the shooting death of his wife, Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard announced today.
The grand jury also charged McIver, 74, with unlawfully influencing witnesses in the case.
Wow! That's like Murder 1, right?

What about the woman who was driving the car?

Old 04-27-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Wow! That's like Murder 1, right?

What about the woman who was driving the car?
I wonder, too. The article doesn't mention her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta