Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When did you last ride MARTA?
I'm on it right now! 2 3.33%
Within the last 24 hours or business day. 13 21.67%
Within the last week. 12 20.00%
Within the last month. 12 20.00%
Within the last year. 16 26.67%
More than a year ago. 4 6.67%
I've literally never ridden MARTA. 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 08:16 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
No longer in the Atlanta area full time, but whenever I am, I make sure to ride. I love supporting mass transit. Even in my much smaller hometown of Savannah. I take the CAT bus and utilize the new intermodal transit center in downtown Savannah.
Savannah's bus transfer station is so great. When I went to school there, I lived right nearby in the SCAD dorms at the foot of the bridge. We avoided that stretch of the street like the plague. It makes me really happy to see that building brought back to life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 06:22 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Savannah's bus transfer station is so great. When I went to school there, I lived right nearby in the SCAD dorms at the foot of the bridge. We avoided that stretch of the street like the plague. It makes me really happy to see that building brought back to life!
Looking forward to MARTA stations getting live arrival signs on the bus loops.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:30 AM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
The whole ride smelled like urine.

It was awful 3rd World quality transportation.
You must live in another dimension than I do. I've never experienced these issues on either the trains or buses. I've ridden on MARTA regularly for work, social engagements, events and airport commuting since 1989. I can tell you that its' a hell of a lot cleaner than most American transportation systems I've experienced. I usually use BART when we go out to visit family in San Francisco, and I always pack a towel to sit on.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Looking forward to MARTA stations getting live arrival signs on the bus loops.
I miss that about Seattle. Their bus stops are great, with substantial shelter and signage. I would catch the express bus near my home in West Seattle; it got me Downtown in minutes, and departed six times an hour. I never had to time my preparations around the bus schedule.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:43 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I miss that about Seattle. Their bus stops are great, with substantial shelter and signage. I would catch the express bus near my home in West Seattle; it got me Downtown in minutes, and departed six times an hour. I never had to time my preparations around the bus schedule.
Well, unfortunately MARTA rail is the premiere operation in the transit agency and gets the most resources. We do deserve a better bus network.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Well, unfortunately MARTA rail is the premiere operation in the transit agency and gets the most resources. We do deserve a better bus network.
I get that MARTA bases its' run times based on route volume. The 39 Buford Hwy is an ideal situation. I just feel like it's a situation where if run times were increased ridership would follow, particularly for riders that are transferring buses.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:59 AM

1,180 posts, read 983,992 times
I ride MARTA often and it's been a pleasant experience. I took it for the first time to work the other day. Had the most considerate bus driver the other day as well. My only gripe, nothing to do with MARTA, is the lack of a crosswalk at winters chapel and peachtree industrial. I watched a lady nearly get hit yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta