Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 06:04 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post

Let's just say there's a lot of learning that needs to happen for both drivers and bikers.
/thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 06:08 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabang View Post
I thought this thread was going to be about bicyclists on the beltline. I am so sick of being buzzed by bicyclists shrieking "On your left!" when the beltline is packed with people with kids, strollers, dogs, etc. The pedestrians will be the ones on the losing side of those collisions and bicyclists needs to realize the beltline is NOT for high speeds.
Very true. Peds have the ROW and cyclists must yield to peds, but as with the cyclists in the OP they are just a-holes and them being on a bike does not magically transform them into a-holes.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
As much as I want rights and rights-of-way for bicyclists, and as much as I want them to be more respected than they are...This is a problem that is 100% on them. And it needs to stop. And frankly I don't think it will stop until cops start issuing them citations.

Cyclists, if you're reading this, never, EVER pass cars that are waiting at a red light or a stop sign. It's a dick move, it's dangerous for you, it creates a needless hassle for the drivers once they have to pass you again, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal. If it's not, it should be.
http://www.gahighwaysafety.org/docs/...ementguide.pdf
Unless there is dedicated bike infrastructure (lane, cycle track, etc.) or the cyclists is turning right and filtering pass a long line of cars.
Honestly I filter thru Krog Street tunnel, but if traffic starts moving I find a hole between cars, without inconveniencing the drivers and keep up speed.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:18 AM

28 posts, read 31,163 times
Dumb people here ride against traffic, wrong way. They look stupid with their stretch pant too - they must think they train for tour de france ha ha

Old 10-27-2016, 08:03 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,388,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmypootie View Post
Was this a road biker with the whole outfit on? Spandex, etc like they think their a pro? I've seen a lot of them think they own the road. That's pretty ballsy squirting his bottle at you, that dude is gonna get his butt kicked doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia Chen
Dumb people here ride against traffic, wrong way. They look stupid with their stretch pant too - they must think they train for tour de france ha ha
Actually, those clothes make the bike easier to ride. It's not for show.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:57 AM

376 posts, read 330,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
The OP prob almost hit the bikers hence the head shaking. Maybe you should consider how you are driving habits are dangerous. I really don't care if bikers run thru lights or stop signs as long as they are not impeding my path or making me stop. They take the risk not the car.
I did not almost hit him. I edged out onto Edgewood from Krog St to make sure there was nothing coming (there is a large construction dumpster partly blocking the view) I saw him coming and stopped and then he rode past me and shook his head.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelinMan View Post
I did not almost hit him. I edged out onto Edgewood from Krog St to make sure there was nothing coming (there is a large construction dumpster partly blocking the view) I saw him coming and stopped and then he rode past me and shook his head.
Did your bumper cross into the bike lane (still under law a travel lane)? That still is not an excuse for the assualt with a water bottle.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:15 AM

376 posts, read 330,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Did your bumper cross into the bike lane (still under law a travel lane)? That still is not an excuse for the assualt with a water bottle.
I'm sure I probably did and I dont think he was in the bike lane since there is a large constuction dumpster parked on the sidewalk (and I believe into the bike lane) there at the corner of Edgewood and Krog that makes it impossible to look to the left down Edgewood when coming south on Krog without edging slightly out.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:37 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
I'll echo the comment someone made earlier that this has less to do with how bicyclists and drivers interact, and more to do with the jerkiness level of the offender. The same type of person who is a boorish driver will also be a boorish bicyclist.

For example, I once witnessed an incident where a car was turning an a cyclist was in his blind spot. There was a near hit, but obviously it was a mistake. What did the cyclist do though? He waited until traffic was stopped, got up on the guy's car who just so happened to have his windows down, and hocked a gigantic loogie right in to his face. What did the guy in the car do? After the light turned he got up super close to him, threw a water bottle at the cyclists face and nearly ran him in to the sidewalk.

Basically, don't jerks to each other guys.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:46 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,060 times
I've noticed pedestrians are fairly obnoxious too. I've had numerous pedestrians yell at me for STOPPING to let then cross, apparently angry that I didn't stop all the way up the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta