U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 08:58 AM

1,841 posts, read 1,252,650 times

Advertisements

Schools in Fulton are JUST like everywhere else (including the City of Atlanta) affluent communities usually have better school than working class or poor ones. Sad, but true. Its all economic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 09:00 AM

2,300 posts, read 1,418,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
I don't get it either but I grew up in an area that has very few incorporated areas (Baltimore) so the whole idea is weird to me.
You grew up in the Baltimore area and didn't know that Baltimore County, the most populous county in the metro, has no incorporated jurisdictions within its boundaries?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltim...nd#Communities

Baltimore is one few metro areas in the country that has very few incorporated communities or municipalities in its immediate urbanized area. The counties in Maryland maintain and provide municipal services for the vast majority of the population.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:43 PM

6,892 posts, read 9,584,447 times
Bumping this as I have been off CD for a while and being out of state, wanted an update on these two cities. Are they actually in existence yet? Any snafus?

Old 09-22-2017, 04:07 PM

3,442 posts, read 2,816,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Bumping this as I have been off CD for a while and being out of state, wanted an update on these two cities. Are they actually in existence yet? Any snafus?
I live in the City of South Fulton. Not much action yet, city council is trying to hire assistants for 90k a year which I think is ridiculous and Union City is trying to rezone land on it's border to Industrial right next to a residential neighborhood and two schools and that's been an issue.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 PM

4,143 posts, read 5,734,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
You grew up in the Baltimore area and didn't know that Baltimore County, the most populous county in the metro, has no incorporated jurisdictions within its boundaries?

Baltimore is one few metro areas in the country that has very few incorporated communities or municipalities in its immediate urbanized area. The counties in Maryland maintain and provide municipal services for the vast majority of the population.
I meant, the metro area not Baltimore County. Obviously, I knew that or I wouldn't have made my post about my issue with all the cities being formed here.

Baltimore County has no cities but Arundel, Carroll and Harford County have cities in their limits.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:01 AM

4,644 posts, read 3,012,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Yep, they're both Incorporated now. It's too early to tell how things will go.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:36 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,475,465 times
They still dont show up on Google Maps yet.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:27 PM

2,300 posts, read 1,418,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I live in the City of South Fulton. Not much action yet, city council is trying to hire assistants for 90k a year which I think is ridiculous and Union City is trying to rezone land on it's border to Industrial right next to a residential neighborhood and two schools and that's been an issue.
You all thought Bill Edwards and Camillia Moore weren't going to start allowing such waste from Day 1?

Yeah, many warned you all that was going to happen. Also according to the Fulton County Tax Assessor, Arthur Ferdinand, South Fulton only has approximately 10 months of revenue for municipal operations coming in from the assessment of taxes conducted. I'm not saying, but I am just saying...

Old 09-25-2017, 07:04 AM

27,724 posts, read 24,737,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post

Very interesting, didn't know that.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 AM

6,892 posts, read 9,584,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Yep, they're both Incorporated now. It's too early to tell how things will go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
They still dont show up on Google Maps yet.
Thanks guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta