U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-08-2016, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,442 posts, read 2,816,679 times
Reputation: 2148

Advertisements

Early votes show support for City of South Fulton

The City of South Fulton has passed, making Fulton Industrial the last unincorporated area in Fulton

Election 2016: City of Stonecrest incorporation approved | www.myajc.com

City of Stonecrest has also passed
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2016, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Prescott, AZ
5,401 posts, read 2,726,205 times
Reputation: 2159
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Early votes show support for City of South Fulton

The City of South Fulton has passed, making Fulton Industrial the last unincorporated area in Fulton

Election 2016: City of Stonecrest incorporation approved | www.myajc.com

City of Stonecrest has also passed
Ugh. It would have been SO MUCH BETTER if we'd smoothed out boundaries before hand, but alas. Now there are a ton of service contracts to work out between South Fulton and Atlanta and everyone else.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2016, 11:36 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,442 posts, read 2,816,679 times
Reputation: 2148
This is a giant "I Told You So" for all that said it wouldn't pass. You grossly underestimated the anger of South Fulton voters toward their stagnant government.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2016, 08:17 AM
 
Location: NW Atlanta
4,995 posts, read 3,474,509 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
This is a giant "I Told You So" for all that said it wouldn't pass. You grossly underestimated the anger of South Fulton voters toward their stagnant government.
Now SF is going to have to deal with the disaster of the boundary issue.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2016, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Vinings
5,940 posts, read 2,902,450 times
Reputation: 3178
I'm glad they created a city, and I believe now the entire county is incorporated.

Not happy at all with how the borders ended up. But, hey, not my problem.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2016, 09:20 AM
bu2
 
8,968 posts, read 5,658,755 times
Reputation: 3529
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Ugh. It would have been SO MUCH BETTER if we'd smoothed out boundaries before hand, but alas. Now there are a ton of service contracts to work out between South Fulton and Atlanta and everyone else.
If common sense prevailed, they would do some smoothing, especially with Union City.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2016, 09:21 AM
bu2
 
8,968 posts, read 5,658,755 times
Reputation: 3529
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I'm glad they created a city, and I believe now the entire county is incorporated.

Not happy at all with how the borders ended up. But, hey, not my problem.
Wasn't Fulton Industrial District left out?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2016, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,442 posts, read 2,816,679 times
Reputation: 2148
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Wasn't Fulton Industrial District left out?
Yes, Fulton Industrial was left out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2016, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Prescott, AZ
5,401 posts, read 2,726,205 times
Reputation: 2159
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Yes, Fulton Industrial was left out.
Was that because of the lawsuit?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2016, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,442 posts, read 2,816,679 times
Reputation: 2148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Was that because of the lawsuit?
Quote:
Now, residents will take the steps to create the last new city that can be formed in Fulton County. With the City of South Fultonís creation, all but a swath of land at Fulton Industrial Boulevard will be incorporated. The fight over that area will likely move to the state legislature when it reconvenes.
From the article
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top