Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:41 PM

770 posts, read 603,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
this is how i think it's going to play out. trump is reaching out to white men and white married women on both sides: he is hoping that he will be able to get white liberals to agree to conservative social policy as long as they get all of the funding for transportation, socialized medicine, education, gun control etc., and hoping that he will get white conservatives to agree to liberal economic policy as long as they get their way on immigration, repeal of LGBTQIA+ rights, and increased police action against "certain places" (aka minority communities). his only consistent message throughout the campaign has been one of authoritarianism. he may be able to consolidate power under himself, which is what he wants to achieve: he wants to be king, essentially, not president. he will **** off a lot of people in the process, i think, it might backfire. if it all sinks in that he's over his head, he will never let his ego realized that he has failed. at that point, i think he would lose it and really do something insane that might result in... i don't know. it could get really bad.

the guy isn't stable and can't maintain his cool under pressure. it isn't safe to have him at the head of our armed forces. i know there are people out there who may agree entirely with his platform. this is beyond policy issues. this is about having someone as our president who doesn't respect constitutional rights or limitations on executive power. people are talking about impeaching him... are you serious? he'd go nuclear.

we have to stop this before it begins. the electors vote on december 19. this is an america thing, not a democrat/republican thing. the electors have a constitutional duty to refuse to vote for a candidate-elect that is unable to perform the duties of commander-in-chief.

i went to the protest last night and there were a lot of people who were just shell-shocked and didn't know what to do. this is what we do.

contact both the georgia state republican party at (404) 257-5559, and contact both your state representative and your state senator, which you can find here:

Common Cause

demand that georgia's 16 republican electors refuse to cast their ballot for donald trump. the future of the country is at stake.
I do think he'll try to play both sides with poor results, not sure what exactly, cause he is a progressive, probably appease the Repubs with Supreme Court after he gets some of what he wants.

I do actually think the December 19th vote is the first step, and if the Repubs were wise they would consider placing someone else in his stead, take the hit on the minority of Trump supporters, still believe the bigger group backing him was the Christian Conservatives who held their nose, I know many Repubs who voted for him and aren't happy now, but agreed and towed the line and then the smaller group are his core people, the 30%-40% or so voters he was getting in the primary.

I don't see the Republicans doing that though particularly with a non-threat like a McCain, Kasich or Romney, as that would upset his people directly and clearly be on the Republicans, but if they impeach him due to a high crime and national security, and they must put Pence in office, I could see that playing out very likely, especially if they don't feel they can control him and then they have a candidate they feel would have the experience and potential to win in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta