Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:59 PM

3 posts, read 18,155 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone can give me informaton about their experience with Ryland homes. We are first time home buyers and considering purchasing one of their homes in North Atlanta area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 03:40 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,917 times
We live in an over 10 year old Ryland Home and have had no problems.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 AM

that's good to know. Anyone else???

Old 02-27-2008, 11:38 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Had my home built 3 years ago.
Have not had an issue except minor during my first year (working the bugs out) and their response was top knotch.

Good to see a builder using steel support, structure support of 2 and 4 x 6's and better instead of 2x2's, copper piping, etc., vs plastic.

Only negative is their window supplier.

I'm a satisfied Ryland customer.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:24 AM

167 posts, read 769,189 times
Default Satisfied

I've lived in my Ryland home for seven years and have not had any major problems. We hired our own inspector for the entire building process and even he said that our home was very well-built. Also, we have a basement and have had no leaks (it was poured). We're very happy with our Ryland Home. It's true, the customer service is excellent. You can get even quicker response by reporting it online.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:35 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,774,612 times
I bought a Ryland home in Smyrna last year (built in 2000). There are only minor things caught in the inspection and when I called them, they were helpful and will send someone out as soon as I send them the items to check (including window glass as well), which I plan to do soon now that we're fully moved in. Structurally, the house is in great shape and the basement has no cracks or signs of settling.

Additionally, their warranty lasted for 10 years and they kept good records even of all the warranties for the appliances that were installed which was useful when GE recalled the wall oven/microwave combo -- they handled the details of getting GE out here to replace the power supply.

Regardless of who your builder is, get the house inspected before you move in since some items (like flooring) only have 1-2 year builders' warranties.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 AM

thanks, that is very good advice!

Old 04-05-2008, 12:04 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
"Regardless of who your builder is, get the house inspected before you move in since some items (like flooring) only have 1-2 year builders' warranties."

That is very solid advice. In addition, don’t choose just any inspection company. The threshold is very low and some even embellish and/or falsify their credentials.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:23 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
In my opinion, and in my experience, Ryland is one of the better builders around.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,358 times
Default Decide for yourself

I am exteremely surprised to hear so many people lavishing heaps of praises on Ryland builders and their customer service. I would ask anybody who wants to find out the truth to visit the Dominion Crossing neigbohood in Highland Creek community in Charlotte, NC. Here is our first hand experience.

Customer service is worse than car dealers: Once the house is sold they just wash their hands off it. We had a water issue with our crawl space which was designed very poorly considering the fact that the landscape in NC is undulating and it rains heavily. I am aghast that displayed so much lack of experience despite the fact that they claim to be building gomes in this region for more than 50 years. Water keeps seeping into the crawl sapce when it rains and all our hoarse cries fell on deaf ears. We are now stuck with a damp, dank, wet and musty crawl space. Still waiting to hear from them on how they plan to resolve/fix the problem with our home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta