Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:42 PM

206 posts, read 1,013,616 times

Advertisements

Where are all the brick homes ? I need to know why I've been 2 like 3 or more counties and seen only frame houses no comprende? I mean with all the nice and extravagant things in that area I have it find it hard to believe please help somebody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 06:51 PM

297 posts, read 1,538,615 times
All over the metro area! I am not sure where you are looking but Atlanta has a very strong "brick market". Maybe you are looking in the wrong price point. Was is your price limit?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
All over the metro area! I am not sure where you are looking but Atlanta has a very strong "brick market". Maybe you are looking in the wrong price point. Was is your price limit?
o.k. thanks for the response ..looking for a house doesn't have to be new could be like 20 years old for all I care because personally older homes are better bigger and more square foot but price range no more than $900/mth

preferably 3 bedrm / 2 bath and
counties
I visited were
dekalb by south dekalb mall near scott blvd? , some parts of tucker, in riverdale (clayton county) even some houses in Stone Mountain.
i was told check that out because of the price range but
i wanted cobb and i know i can find somewhere in my price range in a nicer area which no offense some of those areas seemed rougher which
i am trying to get from all that as that what i deal with here i,e guys selling drugs in front of kids, shootings everyday , killings everyday, etc... just want a quiet area

Old 02-26-2008, 10:07 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslashondapjohnson View Post
counties
I visited were
dekalb by south dekalb mall near scott blvd? , some parts of tucker, in riverdale (clayton county) even some houses in Stone Mountain.
i was told check that out because of the price range but
i wanted cobb
A couple of those places you looked at are among the roughest areas in metro Atlanta.

Try West Cobb. There are areas with older (1960s) homes that are all brick, one level, and some for rent. The Powder Springs area has several for rent as well. Be forewarned, Powder Springs is passing some tough new noise laws, etc., to try to control some smaller problems that have come up in the area, so if you're a partier type, don't bother with the area.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:19 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Every new home built in Atlanta in the last 50+ years (save the occasional oddball custom) is a "frame house", meaning the structural frame of the house is wood. Many of those homes get wrapped in brick veneer instead of the more common wood or fibercement siding. There's no structural strength benefit to having the brick veneer- it's purely for appearance.

True "brick" homes (where the walls are actually constructed of multiple wythes of brick)are a thing of the past for a number of reasons, with cost being one, and a lack of proper moisture control being another. The only place you'll find "brick homes" in that sense of the term is in very old (like 80-100 years+) buildings, and they're not necessarily something you really want, IMO.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:59 AM

1,576 posts, read 6,350,124 times
There are brick homes all over Decatur, especially north Decatur. I would venture to say the homes are predominantly brick.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:38 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,766 times
Hey, Bob, my home is ~85 years old, brick. I figured that it was masonry brick, as you described, because of it's age. But I came across a copy of the building permit and it states brick veneer....so I guess they were making veneer even back then!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
[quote=mslashondapjohnson;2957814]but price range no more than $900/mth/quote]

Stop being so selective- buy what you can afford.
Champagne taste and a beer budget won't get you anywhere.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:58 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,766 times
I think Ms Lashonda should be as selective as she wants...perhaps she will get what she's looking for. There is no harm in it.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 PM

[quote=K'ledgeBldr;2961210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslashondapjohnson View Post
but price range no more than $900/mth/quote]

Stop being so selective- buy what you can afford.
Champagne taste and a beer budget won't get you anywhere.
UM KEEP IN MIND I AM NOT IN ATL AND I THINK I AM ENTITLED TO BEING SELECTIVE AND KNOW WHAT I CAN/CAN'T AFFORD THAT WHY I SAID NO MORE THAN I JUST ASKED BECAUSE WHERE I'M CURRENTLY AT I HAVE A 4BDRM 2BATH $948.00 /MTH IT IS BRICK AND IT IS SEVERAL YEARS OLD LIKE 30 TO BE EXACT AND I'VE KNOWN SEVERAL AREAS AS SUCH AND WHEN I SAY BRICK THE FRAME OUTSIDE I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHAT BRICK VENEER IS MAYBE I MISSED THE BUS..LOL BUT I'M SAYING ALL HOMES I SAW WERE FRAME HOMES - AND I KNOW ALOT OF FRAME HOMES TEND TO NOT HAVE CENTRAL HEAT / AC JUST PRIME EXAMPLE....

SO YES YOUR ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION BUT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING BOUT PUMP UR BRAKES BEFORE YOU HIT A DEAD END...LOL....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta