Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 09:25 PM

253 posts, read 304,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
319 Apartment Rentals Found Nearby | Apartments.com

You said you've looked everywhere, but on apartments.com, I put in 3 bedrooms for under $1000 and a huge list came up. Mostly on the south side of the city, some east, and some west. I would certainly think that something in that list would work. Or, the list is false.
Unfortunately when you actually go to those places, the prices listed on that site or others like it aren't actually the prices.

I have found a couple of places south, which would be second to last resort. I know no one that way, they are all dumps, and the schools are below failing so my children will suffer tremendously which is why I don't jump on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 09:36 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
SkyeBright, I just talked to a friend last night that has 3 bdrm in Peachtree Corners for $1085.00. The kids go to Norcross High, and she couldn't say enough nice things about it and how well they were doing there. She landed a great job, and they moved from Riverdale.

I'll find out the details and pm you.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:13 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,142 times
Gwinnett and Coob county should have many with good schools. Especially the higher North you go.

Furnished Apartment Rentals in Atlanta, GA

Old 11-18-2016, 12:01 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times
And if you're coming from Stone Mountain...it's not like you're really going to do worse anywhere else.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:49 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,470,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBright View Post
Is there a reason for the rolling eyes? I'm a lesbian, my adoptive son is LGBT. I'm also Latina and he's black. If you think we aren't going to encounter some serious crap, I've got some stories to tell, starting with xrays of all the broken bones my son has had from being beaten so hard and often because he was too 'feminine'. Yeah, the idea of him living in one of those towns again has sent him into serious panic attacks every day this week. So you can stop with the sighing and eye rolling.
I certainly hope you brought assault and battery charges against whoever did this. My understanding is that juveniles can be charged for causing injury to other juveniles.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:50 AM

It's looking so bleak on the housing front. My kids are probably just going to have to go without for much of this next year so that I can afford to pay a couple hundred over my budget on housing to have them in a place where they be walking over needles and going to schools that are below failing and don't have enough money for even textbooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
I certainly hope you brought assault and battery charges against whoever did this. My understanding is that juveniles can be charged for causing injury to other juveniles.
Nope. Not even the foster father who beat him received a charge. From what I understand, they used some sort of 'gay panic' excuse and the DA felt he couldn't get a conviction.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:15 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
it's a self fulfilling prophecy. If you go into a situation assuming you're going to be attacked for your lifestyle then you're going to get just that.
Which universe do you live in?

Old 11-18-2016, 08:33 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Which universe do you live in?
i live in reality.

It's like the tourist walking around Nassau who assumes the port is seedy and he's going to get mugged. He carries himself differently then the others and he'll get picked off by the hustlers.

I would ask the OP, how would their potential new neighbors know they are LGBT? Are you going to somehow advertise it or inform them?

Old 11-18-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
i live in reality.

It's like the tourist walking around Nassau who assumes the port is seedy and he's going to get mugged. He carries himself differently then the others and he'll get picked off by the hustlers.

I would ask the OP, how would their potential new neighbors know they are LGBT? Are you going to somehow advertise it or inform them?
How do your neighbors know you are straight? Because that's the same exact way they'll know that I'm LGBT.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:45 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
i live in reality.

Visiting a place and living there are two very, very different things.

If folks can get gay bashed in San Francisco, NYC, etc., then obviously it can happen anywhere.

This unrealistic victim-blaming that you're engaging in is just way off-base and out of touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta